L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 5/4/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic mascara - for top lashes. It gives me length and holds a curl, my two key requirements. Unfortunately it's horrible for lower lashes. Instant raccoon eyes! As long as I use something on the lower ones, this one may be my favorite ever.

on 4/17/2017 3:58:00 PM

I did my research about mascaras that don't smudge and this came highly recommended. And so far I have been happy with it. It has been getting along with my oily lids very well and I even took it for a spin outdoors for a power walk and despite the wind and sun and some sweat there was very little to no smudging present. It did better than my previous "best so far", Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express in waterproof. Before that I used the non-waterproof version but there was not much difference between them, both very smudgy on me. Only thing that bugs me so far is the packaging as the brush is kind of messy to use, it gets too much product stuck on it and feels a bit too long to be handy but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Update: Wore it all day today and inthe evening it was all smudged under my eyes. Oh well.

I really wanted to like this since Jaclyn Hill and a few other YouTubers rave about this. It's very flakey for me. About an hour after applying it I ended up with flakes on my cheeks and under my eyes and it smudges horribly. Maybe I got a bad batch? I won't be purchasing this again.

on 3/26/2017 10:26:00 PM

I really liked this mascara. It does hold the curl and it does lengthen and give volume to my lashes. I apply a thin coat only to the tips of the lashes, wait a little while and then apply to the whole lashes. Great results.

on 3/23/2017 9:03:00 PM

This is one of my favorite drug store mascaras; very black, great volume, doesn't get clumpy. It smudges a little quicker than ideal but that's it's only negative.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Current favorite. The Voluminous line has never disappointed in all the years I've been a fan. Carbon black delivers full, sexy lashes. Nice coverge that can be combed through before it dries. It's a winner!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This mascara doesn't do much for me. It gives a tiny bit of volume and is a nice black colour. But.... it just melts. If I cry even a little or if it rains a little bit... that's it, panda eyes! Sometimes it smudges even though it's not raining. I have combination skin but normally don't have this issue. I will not buy again, it's a mediocre mascara at best.

on 3/5/2017 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Nope. Looked good when first applied, but sort of disappeared through the day. Some smudging. Minimal flaking. Don't know where it went!

on 2/8/2017 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara did nothing except for clump big time. Could'nt work with the formula or brush, hard to get rid of clumps. My lashes ended up looking like dry stiff spider legs. Once the mascara dried any slight volume built up was gone, its like the formula thins out once dry. No curl at all, dead straight lashes. Then its hard to remove.
One of the worst mascaras I've tried, a total let down & waste of money.

I really wanted to like this after all the good reviews I read. However, I think it's a flop. I am constantly wiping black smudges from under my eyes when I wear this.

Popular Mascaras