L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 2/8/2017 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara did nothing except for clump big time. Could'nt work with the formula or brush, hard to get rid of clumps. My lashes ended up looking like dry stiff spider legs. Once the mascara dried any slight volume built up was gone, its like the formula thins out once dry. No curl at all, dead straight lashes. Then its hard to remove.
One of the worst mascaras I've tried, a total let down & waste of money.

I really wanted to like this after all the good reviews I read. However, I think it's a flop. I am constantly wiping black smudges from under my eyes when I wear this.

I just find this mascara so beautiful. It's like the original but maybe "carbon" being a bit darker, and less thick, but with the similar voluminous look. Gives a perfect curl and literally jet black lash.

on 12/4/2016 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best mascaras Ive tried so far. It doesnt clump which i love. It does give voluminous lashes plus length. i would recommend over the original

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Omg this has been a staple in my makeup bag for years! This is the only mascara that's a repurchase for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

over all: this is a goodascara. it is one of my top 3 favorites. it used to be my HG, but I just haven't gotten it to work for me like it used to. it's my all time favorite for bottom lashes and makes my sparse bottom lashes look great and plentiful. however, after wearing this for the work day...toward the end of the day black flecks do get into my eyes occasionally. this is very irritating. when washing this off, it usually just leaves black smears all around my eyes (and it is not waterproof so it shouldn't be so difficult to clean off). to get this fully off I have to use either an eye make up remover and then wash my face twice with cleanser or use a cold cream and then wash my face twice. when I wash my face twice (aka my normal routine) this does not come off. like I said, I'll end up with black smears everywhere that are difficult themselves to get off as well as even more black flecks in my eyes. because of that this is no longer my hg and I do not plan to repurchase this. it does make my lashes look so beautiful though, so it's a real shame. price: average. around 8 or 9 dollars at ulta. there are cheaper mascaras that I prefer like the Maybelline great lash (cat Eye wand, blackest black) that cost 5 dollars at Walmart and do not flake as much. packaging: pretty good, but the wand is difficult to work with because the part with the bristles is too long. I wish they made that shorter.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of my favorite mascaras by far. Doesn't seem to clump and layers well with other mascaras as a final coat. I also really like the simple brush. Some brushes that are meant to be better applicators don't work well for me, but this one is not a problem.

LOVE this mascara. It is a great product and drugstore so it's very affordable. I find that it creates great volume and length. The wand is very large, so if you're clumsy like me you have to be careful and take your time in application. I don't think the formula is too wet but it seemed to get better the longer I used it, so perhaps getting a little drier. I have used it almost everyday for 6 months.

You also have to spend some time to get it all off. It's very black so definitely have to use an eye make up remover or oil to remove.

Overall, it's a great product, and I'll definitely use again!

on 9/8/2016 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this mascarra but it smudges sooo badly. Racoon/panda eyes

on 9/2/2016 4:20:00 PM

Not great overall. The formula is way too wet and results in spidery, stuck together lashes. It is very dark and you can get a nice dramatic look with some effort (removing excess from brush, combing through lashes after application), but it is just not worth it. It takes forever to dry; I always forget and end up with black streaks on my glasses. Will not purchase again.

Popular Mascaras