L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 12/4/2016 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best mascaras Ive tried so far. It doesnt clump which i love. It does give voluminous lashes plus length. i would recommend over the original

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Omg this has been a staple in my makeup bag for years! This is the only mascara that's a repurchase for me!

To Read all 978 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

over all: this is a goodascara. it is one of my top 3 favorites. it used to be my HG, but I just haven't gotten it to work for me like it used to. it's my all time favorite for bottom lashes and makes my sparse bottom lashes look great and plentiful. however, after wearing this for the work day...toward the end of the day black flecks do get into my eyes occasionally. this is very irritating. when washing this off, it usually just leaves black smears all around my eyes (and it is not waterproof so it shouldn't be so difficult to clean off). to get this fully off I have to use either an eye make up remover and then wash my face twice with cleanser or use a cold cream and then wash my face twice. when I wash my face twice (aka my normal routine) this does not come off. like I said, I'll end up with black smears everywhere that are difficult themselves to get off as well as even more black flecks in my eyes. because of that this is no longer my hg and I do not plan to repurchase this. it does make my lashes look so beautiful though, so it's a real shame. price: average. around 8 or 9 dollars at ulta. there are cheaper mascaras that I prefer like the Maybelline great lash (cat Eye wand, blackest black) that cost 5 dollars at Walmart and do not flake as much. packaging: pretty good, but the wand is difficult to work with because the part with the bristles is too long. I wish they made that shorter.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of my favorite mascaras by far. Doesn't seem to clump and layers well with other mascaras as a final coat. I also really like the simple brush. Some brushes that are meant to be better applicators don't work well for me, but this one is not a problem.

LOVE this mascara. It is a great product and drugstore so it's very affordable. I find that it creates great volume and length. The wand is very large, so if you're clumsy like me you have to be careful and take your time in application. I don't think the formula is too wet but it seemed to get better the longer I used it, so perhaps getting a little drier. I have used it almost everyday for 6 months.

You also have to spend some time to get it all off. It's very black so definitely have to use an eye make up remover or oil to remove.

Overall, it's a great product, and I'll definitely use again!

on 9/8/2016 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this mascarra but it smudges sooo badly. Racoon/panda eyes

on 9/2/2016 4:20:00 PM

Not great overall. The formula is way too wet and results in spidery, stuck together lashes. It is very dark and you can get a nice dramatic look with some effort (removing excess from brush, combing through lashes after application), but it is just not worth it. It takes forever to dry; I always forget and end up with black streaks on my glasses. Will not purchase again.

on 8/29/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried Diorshow mascara and I have to say that the loreal mascara looks the same except it costs much less. The shape of the brush is the same except that the dior's one is bigger; it is easy to get mascara on the eyelids so using a business card while applying is good for both mascaras. I have really short, straight, and thin lashes and this mascara provides a lot of volume compared to some higher-end mascaras like benefit's roller lash, which for me only provided some length but not much volume. I tried the waterproof version but I don't think it's really waterproof; I had tears in my eyes from allergies and the mascara started smudging. I had the same results from dior's mascara. Other than that, if I don't rub my eyes loreal will last pretty much all day.

on 7/24/2016 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I wear this mascara just about every day. I like the mascara because of the depth of the black formula. I pair this mascara with the L'oreal lash primer. Its quick and easy to apply. However, I am pretty sure if I took my time (curl, prime and comb through) that I would have better results with the mascara. I would def. repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I use Voluminous Waterproof in rotations with Telescopic. I personally can't decide which one is better, because they both deliver similar quality based on their own purposes. I'm not the type of girl who seeks volume from lashes on daily basis - it'd make me look like some grunge kid that my mom used to scold when I was little. Not fun. Yet there are times I need length and volume, and that's when I'd reach for Voluminous.
It applies well, rather clumpy at first (not sure why) but gets better after first few applications. It lasts through rain and sweat, and doesn't transfer as easily as Telescopic. Easy to remove with oil-based remover, as well.