L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 7/24/2016 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I wear this mascara just about every day. I like the mascara because of the depth of the black formula. I pair this mascara with the L'oreal lash primer. Its quick and easy to apply. However, I am pretty sure if I took my time (curl, prime and comb through) that I would have better results with the mascara. I would def. repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use Voluminous Waterproof in rotations with Telescopic. I personally can't decide which one is better, because they both deliver similar quality based on their own purposes. I'm not the type of girl who seeks volume from lashes on daily basis - it'd make me look like some grunge kid that my mom used to scold when I was little. Not fun. Yet there are times I need length and volume, and that's when I'd reach for Voluminous.
It applies well, rather clumpy at first (not sure why) but gets better after first few applications. It lasts through rain and sweat, and doesn't transfer as easily as Telescopic. Easy to remove with oil-based remover, as well.

To Read all 970 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/18/2016 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Pretty disappointing mascara. Pretty much one of the worst I've tried. It doesn't give any spectacular volume, doesn't separate the lashes and it smudges. I generally don't have problems with mascaras but this one isn't working for me. I've had great results with Maybelline and Essence mascaras. Will not repurchase.

I have used this since high school, almost 32 now. It is the same mascara my mom uses and she is now like almost 70 years old, but I have nicer eyelashes. I have used Dior, maybelline, and a few other ones but I keep coming back to this nice drugstore staple. It is a bit wet at first, but give it a week or two to dry out a bit. I have no clumping, or smears, or flaking. Just nice thick lashes. The maybelline full and soft made my lashes fall out kinda... as soon as I noticed it I stopped using it! I accidentally bought the waterproof kind a few times and let me tell you it is wa*ter*proof* I can shower with it and it stays. I only prefer the regular kind though, and it comes off suuuuper easy in the shower with just face wash- I don't use makeup remover ever. So ya, I must have bought this like 20 times in my life! or more! I would give it a try if you see it :)

on 7/4/2016 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FAVORITE MASCARA OF LIFE. probably went through 10 of theses tubes

This is my hg mascara, i've tried the «better than sex» and the «they're real» but nothing comes to this level of perfection. It makes my lashes full of volume and much longer, at a super low price! Plus it does not dries and cracks down on my cheeks towards the day like some mascara do.

*TIP* I apply a few layers (2 or 3) of this on my lashes and wait about one minute in between each coat so it dries a little bit. When i do that people at my work keep asking me if these are my real lashes because they believe they are fake.

I love this mascara it really get's under the lashes and coats all of them one by one and I love how they look afterward.

Just like in gold, this is an excellent color. Its shimmer is amazing, feels great, staying power is on point, and does a great job without getting too caked on.

Bought it on sale after reading quite a few recommendations, it was worth $10 for a single try but I wont' repurchase for 2 reasons: difficult to apply and avoid clumping, and transfer to my undereye area during the day.Oh, and it takes a bit of work to remove.

1. Difficulty in applying: I found it very wet and hard to be careful when applying to prevent lashes clumping together. It also took quite a while to dry and noticed some transferring on to my lower lashes right after I put it on. It did really thicken the baseline of my lashes which I loved, but I had to be careful towards the ends of lashes, generally using a comb. A lighter hand with repeat coats would work better but even then I found myself obsessing about symmetry because one eye would have fewer clumps than the other.

2. Transfer: only an hour after applying, I was already getting raccoon eyes...forget later in the day. When I remove it at the end of the day, I really have to go over my lashes a couple of times (I use bifacil or coconut oil) to completely remove all the mascara and I would still notice some remaining product some evenings.

I prefer NYX Doll's eye or Benefit's They're Real. Dryer formulations that I can increase the effect through layering the product. I want my lashes to fan out and not stick together. Will pass.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the best drugstore mascara i have tried so far. Applicator is very appropriate. It just the right size, not very wide or very narrow. This will separate out each lashes without sticking them together. This mascara is very comparable to mac mascara. Only two coats is enough and the appearance is very black. Price is also great. Highly recommended.

on 3/31/2016 7:06:00 PM

I bought this at Walmart for around $7 after hearing sooooo many youtubers talk about it. I was so deceived!! The wand took wayyyy too much product, which resulted with my eyelashes being very voluminous (so I guess it's not that bad because at least they do what they say) and clumpy :( it's not something I personally like when it comes to lashes, but I made it work by removing a TON of product from the wand before coating my lashes

Video Reviews & Tutorials