L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 9/15/2017 1:04:00 AM

This mascara did not work out well for me. Although I have sensitive skin, I have never come across a mascara that made my eyes itch like this one. I wore this mascara yesterday and my eyes became extremely itchy, causing them to swell up when I woke up the next morning. I will not be buying this again. I had to miss work and school to go to the doctor and try to get the swelling down with cream I was prescribed.
P.S. Yes, I did completely remove the mascara last night. I did not leave it on.

on 8/7/2017 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail mascara-
I have tried them all-
It doesnt flake
It give my lashes life - I DONT wear lashes ever
spreads out my lashes beautifully and gives them a bold black color
easy to remove with oil -
easy to find in drug stores
Nice lift and volume-
Cant go to work with out it-

on 7/23/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this mascara has been around for a long time. Coz i remember wanting it so bad when i was in high school but i couldnt get it as it was not available in my country. A decade later, i got it and tried it for the first time today and its pretty good. It lengthens and thickens my short and spare asian lashes nicely, doesnt flake and is very longlasting. But unfortunately it smudges on me and gives me racoon eyes at the end of the day. I like it but im not gonna repurchase it.

on 7/19/2017 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I like all the 'Voluminous' mascaras that come in the 'original' style tube...(most of the flankers that come in the fancy tubes are manure even though they are in the Voluminous line). This one, Carbon Black, is decent but not amazing. The original tube Voluminous products are all a decent replica of Diorshow. No, it's not a dupe, meaning it's not exact. But it's close enough for me considering the price is WILDLY different. Depending on where you shop, Voluminous is $20 to $30 cheaper but it's not $30 worse than Diorshow, so, um, Voluminous, please. Carbon Black IS pretty black, and is workable. However, where this formula (Carbon Black) fails against Diorshow and regular Voluminous is it is 'too much' for lower lashes. Every time, they look awesome and long and black....UNTIL they smudge like mad and I look like a football player. If I wear Voluminous Carbon Black, either lower lashes go bare or I put something else on the bottom lashes. Strangely, considering how smudgy it is on the lowers, it's hard to take off completely. Eye makeup remover and a makeup removing wipe will not do it 100%. Micellar water on cotton rounds will not do it. Face cleanser will not do it. It must be multiple methods and more than a couple passes, and often I still wake up smudged. What!!! I wouldn't RULE OUT repurchasing, but I'd be more likely to repurchase original Voluminous instead due to the lower lash smudging and the labor of removal.

Not great, not horrible. I've purchased this a few times, but have noticed more recently that it is REALLY clumpy coming out of the tube (especially with new tubes). I've got pretty dense eyelashes so it makes it difficult to get an even application. Doesn't irritate my eyes, but definitely flakes after a few hours of wear.

I find it takes FOREVER to remove - even with heavy-duty things like coconut oil. Sometimes I still wake up in the morning with it smeared beneath my lower lashes because my double cleanse didn't remove all of it. There are better drugstore mascaras out there, but since you should replace yours every three months, it's not the least usable mascara in the world.

I'm a big fan of Dior Show mascara so when I heard this was a close match I had to try. Unfortunately this makes my eyes itch extremely bad. It must be something in Loreals formula because I tried another and the same thing happened. I've never had sensitive eyes in the past.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Fantastic drugstore mascara! It works every bit as well - if not better - than some of the higher end brands. I'd say it was right on par with Smashbox Full Exposure mascara. A tube seems to last a lot longer than your average mascara which was another huge plus! I don't have any problems with clumping or smudging. I sometimes use it along with the L'Oréal lash primer for that added oomph to the lashes. It gives fantastic volume! Now that I've discovered this gem I'll not go back to shelling out double$digits on mascaras.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this mascara. I like the packaging, the brush, the way it makes my lashes look in the short-term - it gives some length and nice volume and makes my lashes look pretty good. It doesn't hold a curl, however. The biggest problem is that it smudges like CRAZY even when I'm indoors with air-conditioning on, after just a couple hours.

amazing mascara. very black and does a great job lengthening.

on 6/16/2017 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My lashes are long and straight, thin and lightly coloured. They usually hold a curl all day.

This mascara is a waste of money for me. The brush is straight and difficult to get to the root of the lash.
The formula is too runny and wet, it clumps lashes together in thin spikes. I know how to use mascara properly, and can always work to get a good look no matter which one I use but this mascara takes nearly 5 minutes to get looking right and need to go in with a q-tip.

The mascara isn't particularly dark either. It does nothing for volume. It is okay for length if that is what you're concerned with, but it won't hold a curl either.

0/5 for me