L'Oreal Paris Voluminous in Carbon Black

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL. I have tried them ALL. High end. - Dior, Lancôme, smashbox, benefit, geurlian, Mac, everythinggg and for 6-8 bucks this mascara beats them all. Honestly, it’s just as good as high end mascaras giving volume, fullness, length, dark black colour, and great wand with the ability to layer for multiple coats. Packaging is also nice. So good. You can’t go wrong.

on 8/2/2018 3:21:00 AM

Wonderful application, gives volume and length. Great color. Unfortunately, by noon, it smudges and transfers on my upper lid and under eye area and it looks just horrible. Will not recommend for summer time / heat waves, oily skin types... Will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has become my favorite mascara out of everything I’ve tried! No mascara gives me the volume and pigmentation that this one does. The spoolie is the perfect, average wand that makes application easy. It has great pigmentation and makes your lashes really black. Overall, this mascara is amazing and I will definitely purchase it again!

on 3/20/2018 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This one is an oldie and a goodie! Does great things for my lashes and lots of volume! Like❤️

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Where do I begin with this utter disappointment of a mascara. After reading raving reviews about this mascara, I bought it thinking it would be a cheaper alternative to Mac Extended Play Mascara (my holy grail) before I found a trick to extend its life (see my review of the Mac if you want to know how to make it last longer). Sadly, it wasn't meant to be AT ALL.

For a start, this not only left my long lashes looking clumpy but also uncurled said carefully curled lashes, which take an annoyingly long time to do.

But it doesn't end there. This mascara smudges like HELL. I had to REAPPLY my under eye concealer more than twice at work because it was so black under my eyes! This was WITHOUT even applying this mascara to the lower lashes!

Massive waste of time and money. I wore this a total of ONCE and threw it out immediately.

Honestly, I don't get the hype. The price is great, FOR SURE. But on the lashes, it's just kind of "meh" and it dries out fast. I think the reason influencers are so in love is because they wear falsies and this is a good black colour. I, on the other hand, only wear falsies for special occasions or going out, and so this just does nothing for me on a day to day basis.

on 9/15/2017 1:04:00 AM

This mascara did not work out well for me. Although I have sensitive skin, I have never come across a mascara that made my eyes itch like this one. I wore this mascara yesterday and my eyes became extremely itchy, causing them to swell up when I woke up the next morning. I will not be buying this again. I had to miss work and school to go to the doctor and try to get the swelling down with cream I was prescribed.
P.S. Yes, I did completely remove the mascara last night. I did not leave it on.

on 8/7/2017 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail mascara-
I have tried them all-
It doesnt flake
It give my lashes life - I DONT wear lashes ever
spreads out my lashes beautifully and gives them a bold black color
easy to remove with oil -
easy to find in drug stores
Nice lift and volume-
Cant go to work with out it-

I'm a big fan of Dior Show mascara so when I heard this was a close match I had to try. Unfortunately this makes my eyes itch extremely bad. It must be something in Loreals formula because I tried another and the same thing happened. I've never had sensitive eyes in the past.

on 7/23/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this mascara has been around for a long time. Coz i remember wanting it so bad when i was in high school but i couldnt get it as it was not available in my country. A decade later, i got it and tried it for the first time today and its pretty good. It lengthens and thickens my short and spare asian lashes nicely, doesnt flake and is very longlasting. But unfortunately it smudges on me and gives me racoon eyes at the end of the day. I like it but im not gonna repurchase it.