L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara - Carbon Black

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara - Carbon Black

3.5

on 4/14/2019 12:49:00 AM

I've used this for several years. It's something you need to replace every month because otherwise it will dry out, flake upon wearing, etc. I find if I put some powder under lash lines it stays put, but if I don't, it will definitely give the raccoon eyes. For the price it is worth buying every month. It separates the lashes and gives great volume and length. What else is there in a mascara??

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

OVERALL: DO NOT RECOMMEND
I was looking for a drugstore dupe of my favorite high end mascara (I swear by Chanel inimitable). This one was nice in some respects but overall I WONT REPURCHASE because it gave me raccoon eyes and went all over my eye, smudging upon application. Probably one of the worst mascaras I've tried

PROS
- Price; affordable
- I like the wand
- Nicely separated the lashes (didn't clump)

CONS
- Gave me raccoon eyes. This is pretty major for me and I won't repurchase any mascara that does this
- More of this mascara ended up on my undereyes than on my actual lashes. Horrible!!!!!!
- Smudged upon application on the upper lid too, thereby ruining any eyeshadows/liners that had already been applied

Smudges and gets under my lash line.

on 11/19/2018 1:44:00 AM

This mascara adds lush volume-and then flaked repeatedly during the day under my eyes. I kept wiping the flakes off and removing my foundation/under eye concealer along with it. The mascara is extremely black and gives thick lashes-but the flakiness is not worth it to me. Too bad-I liked the look of my lashes while it was actually on.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL. I have tried them ALL. High end. - Dior, Lancôme, smashbox, benefit, geurlian, Mac, everythinggg and for 6-8 bucks this mascara beats them all. Honestly, it’s just as good as high end mascaras giving volume, fullness, length, dark black colour, and great wand with the ability to layer for multiple coats. Packaging is also nice. So good. You can’t go wrong.

on 8/2/2018 3:21:00 AM

Wonderful application, gives volume and length. Great color. Unfortunately, by noon, it smudges and transfers on my upper lid and under eye area and it looks just horrible. Will not recommend for summer time / heat waves, oily skin types... Will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has become my favorite mascara out of everything I’ve tried! No mascara gives me the volume and pigmentation that this one does. The spoolie is the perfect, average wand that makes application easy. It has great pigmentation and makes your lashes really black. Overall, this mascara is amazing and I will definitely purchase it again!

on 3/20/2018 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This one is an oldie and a goodie! Does great things for my lashes and lots of volume! Like❤️

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Where do I begin with this utter disappointment of a mascara. After reading raving reviews about this mascara, I bought it thinking it would be a cheaper alternative to Mac Extended Play Mascara (my holy grail) before I found a trick to extend its life (see my review of the Mac if you want to know how to make it last longer). Sadly, it wasn't meant to be AT ALL.

For a start, this not only left my long lashes looking clumpy but also uncurled said carefully curled lashes, which take an annoyingly long time to do.

But it doesn't end there. This mascara smudges like HELL. I had to REAPPLY my under eye concealer more than twice at work because it was so black under my eyes! This was WITHOUT even applying this mascara to the lower lashes!

Massive waste of time and money. I wore this a total of ONCE and threw it out immediately.

Honestly, I don't get the hype. The price is great, FOR SURE. But on the lashes, it's just kind of "meh" and it dries out fast. I think the reason influencers are so in love is because they wear falsies and this is a good black colour. I, on the other hand, only wear falsies for special occasions or going out, and so this just does nothing for me on a day to day basis.