no images

Reviews

1.0
from

3 years ago

FDA Issues Safety Alert for Hair Conditioner http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/FDA-Investigates-WEN-by-Chaz-Dean-Cleansing-Conditioners-387647361.html http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ProductsIngredients/Products/ucm511631.htm

About reviewer (285 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 years ago

THE BEST SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER OF LIFE!!! Tea tree has been proven to stimulate hair growth, and this has for me, my daughter, my dad's male pattern baldness and everyone I turned on to it. It cleanses without stripping and treats at the same time. The only time people have issues using Wen is when they don't use enough product, and that's the biggest problem because this stuff ain't cheap. Honestly, for shoulder length hair you need to use about 15 pumps, and you need to wash twice. That means you'll use about 1/4 to 1/2 bottle every time you do your hair that's expensive.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

4 years ago

I've tried a couple different types of Wen and conditioning cleansers in general and this one is my absolute favorite. It leaves my hair looking super thick and shiny and it's never given me the oily root problem I've had with cleansers before. The smell is very strong but I love it. It's extremely minty smelling and you get whiffs of it all day. I wash with this every other day and my hair is in such great shape. It's looks better and is growing faster than it ever has. Wish it was cheaper but it's worth it.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Love Wen cleansing conditioner. I have been using it for 5+ years now and would never go back to regular shampoo and conditioner. When you first start using Wen it takes some time for your hair to adjust. The first week or so my hair felt a bit greasy but once my scalp adjusted the difference was insane. I have very fine hair that I used to wash/condition every single day to combat grease. With Wen I can go atleast 5 days before my hair feels greasy. I've tried similar cleansing conditioners but none can compare to Wen. It may be a little pricey but it is SOO worth it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I like all of went products a lot. I can use it, and not have to wash my hair every single day. I'm trying to keep my hair moisturized, so I try not to wash it every single day. My hair is thin and brittle, so wen helps give it a little volume. I use it on my clip in extensions as well, and it works good for them. I like the smell, but I like the pomegranate wen better. This one just doesn't have a strong scent, and it's more "herby" than it is sweet smelling.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

2.0

5 years ago

This is probably my least favorite scent of all the kinds of Wen I've tried. It would probably be more appealing to men. Also, the name's misleading because there's not even any tea tree oil in this!! I have a video review talking about Wen in general if you're interested. <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z0kLoiZZHdc"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z0kLoiZZHdc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

6 years ago

For the past 6 months, I've been struggling with limp hair at my roots. I figured the problem may be with harsh shampoos drying out my growing hair at the roots, so I figured Wen would be a good solution. No harsh cleansers, just a cleansing conditioner. I picked tea tree due to these needs. However, I've noticed my problem has gotten worse over the past month, and Wen has been the only thing I have changed about my lifestyle in the past month. It does make my hair quite soft though, which is why I have it 2 lippies. Back to traditional shampoos/conditioners, I guess.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

6 years ago

I like the consign conditioners for cleaning and conditioning my hair but this doesn't really do anything for my dandruff. Also, my scalp is still a little itchy after words. The old fall scent, pumpkin spice, seemed to work the best for my scalp (it's still wasn't great) but that's been discontinued.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

6 years ago

I have been using wen off and on for a year and a half. I started with the summer mango coconut and got the tea tree a little later. My hair is mid back, baby fine, average to thin, naturally dark blonde with some highlights I am growing out. My hair is pin straight. Wen makes my hair look fuller (which may be due to how I style it with wen, discussed later) more shiny(my hair is naturally shiny, but even more so with wen), and my hair feels amazing. -------------------------------------------------------------I always love the way my hair looks and feels with wen, but because it is expensive I always try to revert back to my other shampoos and conditioners. Then I wonder why does my hair look like crap? And I start using my wen again. Why am I willing to spend so much on stuff to make my hair pretty? Frankly, because my hair is the only part of me that makes me feminine. And this expensive stuff makes me feel as pretty as I can. ------------------------------------------------------------ How I use it: 8 pumps from 32 oz bottle between hands massage into fully rinsed hair. Add a good splash of water then massage through, comb through, and clip up. End of shower I rinse thoroughly with cool leaning cold water. I add a half a pump of the summer mango coconut as a leave in to my soaking wet hair. ------------------------------------------------------ How I style: twist soaking wet hair into towel, leave for about twenty minutes while I go about my routine. I then comb and do a half length twist to put my hair into a loose bun (too hard to explain what I do, pm me if you really want to know) which I try to leave up for around 16 hours. After it's totally dry I take it down and fluff my soft silky hair with my fingers. Voila! Big loose voluminous waves that are touchable and beautiful and last about six hours. After six hours it's more loose waves, less volume, which for my hair is amazing. And no heat, no pin curls, no hairspray, no time, and no skill needed! ------------------------------------------------------------- This, like female Republican politicians, is a highly polarizing product, but I think I can make a generalization about who will like it. For straight to slight wavy girls, if you don't put a lot of product in your hair and are relatively low maintenance for your hair, you are more likely to enjoy wen. If you blow dry, curl, use mousse, gel, and creams in your hair, you are more likely to not enjoy wen. I make this generalization from my own experience and reading hundreds of reviews on this site, qvc forums, and various other forums. ------------------------------------------------------------ If you are interested in trying wen, order from qvc and you can get free returns because of their holiday season promotion. I have only ordered from qvc, never from the infomercial so I can't speak to that.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I love most of the WEN products! I just finished with the Tea Tree Oil cleanser. My hair is color treated, very straight, does not hold a curl, shoulder length. My hair is in very good condition being that I have been using WEN for more than two years. My teen daughter and teen son use these products and benefit by having very healthy looking hair and scalp. The reason I am not fond of this Tea Tree Oil product is that , I feel, it made my hair limp. Maybe I should have checked the site first. The great thing is after using it, my scalp tingled and felt super clean.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35