3LAB Perfect Lite Sunblock spf 30

1 review

on 6/20/2006 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference, I have mild rosacea, fair skin & very prone to clogged pores. After trying several all physical ss, I like this one the best and I have to say I'm impressed with the level of protection it seems to be providing. The white cast is hardly noticeable and it hasn't clogged my pores at all. It's also easy to spread, unlike many other physical ss. The texture is similar to DDF Organic but this is *slightly* heavier/oilier.

(this keeps getting harder to get - I used to get if from the 3Lab website but now they only sell their prods through Saks & Barneys. And now Saks no longer offers this ss, so the only place to get it is Barneys. oh and also the price went up to $45 for 3.4 oz so it's kinda $$)

My experiences with other physical ss:

DDF Organic spf 30 (now spf 15 but same % of actives)- I love the texture of this and it never clogged my pores, but the protection level is way too low. Several people have burned w/this.
DHC White - gave my face a dry, tight and chalky-white pallor, yuck. At the same time it was clogging my pores.
Fancl Sunguard - totally unbearable streaky white cast for me and really clogged my pores. I could never wear this on a daily basis. I'm pale & this was like a kabuki mask.
Epicuren Zinc - the most invisible one I've tried but it didn't protect me from the sun at all.
Linda Sy zinc - too thick and dry, way too hard to rub in
Cotz (all physical one) - same as Linda Sy

Ingredients for 3Lab Ultra Lite:Titanium Dioxide 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 6.5%

Inactive Ingredients:Water, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Copolyol, Polyglyceryl-2, Diisostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Xanthophyll (Lutein), Allantoin, Green Tea Extract, Butylene Glycol, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Zirconium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.