Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl

4.4

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Hexylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract), Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil), Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Hexyl Nicotinate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, Red 40 CI 16035, Blue 1 CI 42090, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Mica].

I'm usually a bit incredulous about hyped up products, but the hype here is real. Becca pressed highlighters are so good it's unreal. They are so velvety and buttery, they blend beautifully, they're so finely pigmented and the shine is the most intense color payoff I've ever seen in a powder highlighter. Being super pale myself, I was very happy that they released the shade Pearl in the pressed powder version. It's the perfect highlighter for very pale skin tones. This is great because it's not easy finding a highlighter that's light enough so that it actually highlights and doesn't instead look like a shimmery blush or bronzer. I also love that it is not another cool, pink toned highlighter. I would describe the base color as a very bright, slightly off white with the faintest bit of yellow and the reflects are a slightly cool white. They combine to make an almost dead on neutral shade, but if you had to make a call it leans just a hair more towards cool. However it works fine for me and I have very yellow undertones and try to stay away from products that pull too cool. I would love if Becca released a similar bright white highlight that had gold or platinum reflects. That would be fun!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfectors are very pretty, but they highlight any texture issue your skin has, especially the hyped Champagne Pop. Pores, fine lines, uneven bumpy skin and acne stand out where ever shimmering skin perfector goes. Messing around with silicone primers doesn't solve the issue either, and I don't really want to clog up my skin with more heavy layers just to try and get this product to work.

If you want a more flattering, refined highlighter try one of the Anastasia of Beverley Hills Illuminators instead. Or if you prefer a an intense highlighter, The Balm Mary Loumanizer.

To Read all 152 Reviews, Login or Join

I use the color pearl to highlight my cheek bones, nose, chin, and even use it for the corners of my eyes to achieve a luminous look. Comes in 5 colors overall in the collection.

Yes yes yeeeeesss...this is a product i get excited about! I have the liquid version and i love it.
Unlike a lot of other highlighters i tried, this one gives a shine without obvious glitter or shimmer particles. It gives such a gorgeous glow i can't even.... The pump does give a lot of product, so i really gently squize the smallest amount out of the pump and just dab it on the areas i want to highlight. It is perfect for fair skin and for me it is also great when i have a tan.
Since i am so in love with this one, i also want to try the Opal one and maybe have a look at the powder version as well....
Nothing more to add then 'amazing!'.

I was finally about to get my hands on the powder version of pearl highlighter. I've been using the cream version for a few weeks and I love it but I prefer a powder highlighter. The cream version is nice but I have to use it before I powder my face or use it very carefully after powdering or else it can separate on the skin and look cakey. The pearl highlighter is a shimmery white shade. This is great for pale women such as myself. I can't wear any highlighter that has too much color or else it just looks like shimmery blush on me. This highlighter is very concentrated and a little goes a long way. It blends in nicely to the skin and gives a very pretty high sheen. I use it on the tops of the cheek bones, tip of the nose, the cupid bow, and above my brows. I'm not that interested in looking natural so I like to use quite a bit with a morphe fan brush. This is probably the best highlighter for fair skin IMO.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Finely milled powder, applies nicely. Let me just say there are no large chunks of glitter that are going to stick to your face, your clothes, your lashes, and that you'll be finding in places you didn't know that glitter could stick to for many days after you've worn the illuminator. I like that, that makes me super happy. The $60 price tag (bought from Sephora Aus) doesn't make me that happy though. I figured I'll bite the bullet and make the investment. It has been worth it, this is that kind of illuminatey illuminator that matches the likes of the ABH illuminators.
Bought that Becca 'the one perfecting brush' to apply it with, didn't like that for application, been using the Mac angled contour brush to apply

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Lately, it seems I've been on a highlighter/glow product kick. I blame the dull, dark Canadian winter - it just makes me crave things to brighten up my winter-weary skin. This is my latest "glow" purchase (after buying Dior's LE highlighter, Becca's Backlight Priming Filter - basically, a glowing primer - and also from Becca, Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone). I LOVE this powder. I thought it might be quite over the top, since some of Jaclyn Hill's tutorials featuring the Becca powder highlighters do make them look pretty "full on". But "Pearl" is beautifully subtle (or else I just don't see the full effect with my aging eyes!). And as so many others have said, this is a divine shade for pale skinned, cool toned folks - no orange or gold undertones in this. It really is just a pearly glow that is so flattering. Packaging is the standard Becca round compact with a mirror filling the lid - nice and sleek. If you missed out on the Dior LE Glowing Pink highlighter, which was available for all of 5 minutes, it seemed, or don't want to lash out quite that much money, this beautiful product is significantly less expensive ($46 CDN, so almost 20 bucks less) and achieves the same effect. It may look different in the pan, but applied it is virtually indistinguishable from the Dior one.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous shade, with a pretty reflective quality. I feel in love with it at first sight. I want to get the palette that has a few shades next. While it's not a HG. it gives me a gorgous complexion. Point off because it syaing quality isn't the best and I would love it if it came with a little mini brush or another applicator in the compact.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great product if you want to avoid yellow and gold. However, as much as I like the highlight, I don't know if others notice it. I realize we wear makeup to please ourselves, but--in many ways--I'd rather have the money and NOT have the highlight. I only see it if I look in the mirror...

Basically, if you have the money to toss, and you don't look good in gold, buy this. If not, you don't need it.

Pearl is a beautiful glowy white highlighter. I tend to stick to white as I am very pale and gold/pinks tend to stand out on me. Pearl just sets into my skin and looks like I am glowing from within.

I have the liquid version. The pump is awful, it lets out too much product, but what I do is pump it towards the ceiling so that the excess falls onto the top. Then, I dab my beauty blender into it very quickly and put the cap back on. The product doesn't set or dry really so when I take the cap off I still have product waiting to be used.

When I finish my RMS Living Luminizer I will probably buy the poured/pressed version of this. Or perhaps moonstone or opal so that I have a tiny bit of diversity. I have a feeling Becca knows what they are doing here with the highlights and I trust them enough to pick out a non white highlighter.