Tarte A List

No Image

4.7

on 4/19/2009 11:12:00 AM

I saw a review for this product on YouTube and HAD to have it, so I searched and found it on eBay and I'm glad I did! I already had Real McCoy and Bathtub Gin e/s so now I have double, but Tarte's e/s are amazing so I don't mind. The e/s are so smooth and they blend amazingly. The glosses are OK, not my favorite but no complaints. Of course I LOVE the Starry Night eyeliner. If you can find it, definitely buy it! I paid $65 for mine and it was worth every penny!

on 4/18/2009 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this palette so much!!!!! I've never been a palette girl before, but wow! I love the taupey glow of The Real McCoy (sp) and I absolutely positively love Preppy Girl. The glosses are nice too. The eyeshadows are so smooth and silky. The pigment is nicely balanced and the application is great.

on 11/27/2007 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Wow! What a great pallette! I love the e/s colors. The l/g colors are OK. I wear these eyeshadows all the time!
Updated 01-03-2011: Boy do I keep makeup a long time! I still use this paletter ALL the time. I still love it.

I got this at a great price, I think, because when I look at the Tarte eyeshadow duos--they seem exorbitant.

I use Bathtub Gin quite regularly out of this palette and the others a little less frequently. I find the shadow applies well and has sufficient pigment.

The container, IME, is a little unwieldly, especially if you are trying to use sponge applicators with short handles. I guess depotting might be the answer here.

I received this Palette in a swap recently and I am in love with it. This palette contains 8 FULL-SIZED Tarte shadows and 6 lipgloss colors, as well as a subpar eyeliner (which i don't mind since I really swapped for the eyeshadow) The eyeshadows, as mentioned before are soft and buttery and have a fairly good color payoff and easy blendability. The glosses are also quite pretty to me, albeit sheer. They're creamy, though they do get sticky as they dry a bit...but it's a GLOSS...what gloss doesn't get sticky over time? and they do not dry out your lips (yay!) The only duo i didn't like was the roger+mimi duo...too much glitter...
The palette is somewhat unwieldly in size...but I forgive it because it's practically an all in one...with lipglosses/eyeliner that you can remove from the casing...would definitely buy this again if I had to

on 2/2/2009 11:17:00 PM

Love this palette. RIS brand new and I can't praise the sweet MUAer enough! This was my first Tarte e/s palette and it won't be my last. Get it if you can...

on 5/7/2007 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this palette. I find I can use all of the eyeshadows, although 'Luuucy, I'm Home', works better as a liner for me. Otherwise, the shadows are really pretty. The liner is fine, nothing super. The lipglosses are typical, and don't do a whole lot for me.

on 8/31/2007 8:22:00 AM

I LOVE this palette! I just got it for my birthday from my DH and I fell in love with it immediately. I love everything in this palette, including the lippies and the eyeliner. All of the shadows work so well together and compliment any skin tone. I can't say enough about it. I bought the MAC Warm Eyes Holiday 2006 palette the same day I received this and I haven't even opened the MAC yet!

on 8/13/2007 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love the fact that there are eight lovely shadows to play with. These are highly pigmented, and show up well on my medium-tan skin. I have to say, i dont love the glosss in this kit... but who cares? Eight great shadows for this price, and i am willing to forgive the glosses!

on 2/20/2007 6:59:00 PM

A great value! The most pigmented and smooth-applicating shadows I have ever tried. Great variety on the eyeshadow shades. Unfortunately, I didnt like any of the 6 lip-gloss choices, since they were all in the brown/beige/pinky family and that doesnt flatter my skin tone. Its a much larger kit than I expected it would be too!