E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
e.l.f. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear MascaEssential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is goopy and flakes. There's always a glob of gel that I end up having to pick out of my brows and if I get it on my skin at all it leaves a white film wherever it touches. I can just barely make it work by making sure to wipe off all the excess before applying and being cautious of it touching my face but it's such a hassle that I don't find it worth it even for the $2. Go with NYX or Milani for just a couple dollars more.

on 3/3/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Good and cheap. My eyebrows stay in place al day.

on 3/3/2017 2:04:00 PM

Hate this. Whenever I tried to use it, it felt like I did my brows w/elmers school glue. Sometimes I'll use as clear mascara and it's not great for that either. Would rather have my dollar back lol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Holy Grail brow gel for me. It's so cheap and one tube used daily lasts several months for me. Keeps brows in place without making them crunchy.

on 2/20/2017 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I haven't used this on my brows, but I have used this for my eyelashes as a base before applying coats of mascara. Works great for a base and to help separate your lashes before curling. The wand does hold a ton of the gel, so I wipe a bit off on a tissue before applying. I am going to try this on my brows, but do the same as I do for my lashes and wipe a bit off - since I think this may apply TOO much gel to my brow hairs.

Love e.l.f.!

on 1/16/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I use it before I put on mascara or do my eyebrows because it helps keep them in place. I've found if you use it on your lashes you should use an eyelash brush after so that your lashes aren't clumpy. I love it for my eyebrows because once you brush them with this you're good to go and you don't have to do anything else.

on 9/3/2016 12:17:00 AM

Exactly what it should be. The brow gel keeps hairs in place without making them feel overly sticky or crusty (though if you glob on too much, that can happen). The clear formula isn't shiny or visible on; it just keeps brows tamed, as long as you brush it through evenly. Doesn't flake or wear off even after 9+ hours. The little wand is small and wide enough to be just the right size for easy application. However, you cannot brush your brows with this on once it has dried. Brushing will create crumbs/flakes that are noticeable and can't be brushed off, then needing to be washed off completely.

The clear mascara (which may be exact same as the brow gel, just labeled differently, who knows) is too wet, can be gloppy, and makes lashes feel stiff. I didn't expect to dislike a clear mascara so much, but I wouldn't use this on my lashes again. However, it was fine as a brow gel once I ran out of the brow gel end.

Great for keeping all of the eye area hairs looking good and staying where they need to be. $2 is hard to beat. Very little quantity to either side though on this double sided wand. Wish they sold a just brow gel version with a lot more of the formula. Used it all up in less than 3 weeks with daily application.

i loved this product when i first bought it, and it worked so well at holding my brows in place throughout the day, but when it came to taking it off, it was very difficult and often painful to remove. it would stick to my eyebrows so much that it would pull the hairs out when i tried to take it off. also, after a week or two, the product began to smell really strange, like a mixture of fish and chemicals, and I was reluctant to continue using it. i wouldn't repurchase this, but if you really really need your eyebrows absolutely cemented in place, it does that job perfectly.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I really love this brow/lash gel from E.L.F!
I prefer using them as brow gels because the consistency is too heavy when I put the lash side on myself. It helps my brows stay in place even when I'm swimming/sweating, and because it's clear, there's no need to worry if it's going to rub off into awkwardness. The only downside is that it's rather difficult to find in Indonesia. Next time I find them, I'll just buy a couple because it's so good for everyday use.

on 7/22/2016 3:09:00 PM

I got this email and was reading the reviews of this product and since I use it myself, I HAD to add my two cents' worth. i love it. I use L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara and after using two coats (fair and wimpy lashes), I let the mascara dry and then add the ELF Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Mascara at the tips of the upper lashes and the bottom ones, then reapply my mascara. I even use a Clinique mascara brush from Sephora of which there are samples in front of the Clinique makeup area. I use the mascara brush from Chubby Mascara and wipe the brush off on the sides of the L'Oreal brush and add some on that way. It separates them and keeps them from clumping. The only thing I have an issue with is the packaging. They need to label which brush is for brows and and which for lashes. I use both brushes for my lashes. I use Cover Girl clear mascara for my brows.
I did learn one thing from reading the reviews and didn't think of it myself. One reviewer said she used it as a primer. I'll try it that way. I normally don't like lash primers. They're too white and the mascara doesn't cover it. But I definitely recommend it. You can find it at Target and CVS. It's only a couple of dollars. Hope this helps.

Popular Mascaras