E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
e.l.f. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear MascaEssential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Guys, this is HG. It's a freaking dollar and it has amazing hold. I think my favorite part of it is the shape of the brow brush, its so basic but it helps so that the product doesnt hit my skin and only gets the hairs. Holds them in place, makes them look thicker and fluffier, Love!

on 6/8/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I haven't used the lash gel at all, but I used up the brow gel. I wasn't a huge fan of it and won't be buying it again.
My first problem was the fact that when the product is new, you have to scrape the majority of it off the brush onto the neck of the tube, because otherwise you have way too much product on the brush and it clumps up.

My second problem is that whatever pigment you put in your brows transfers to the wand and tints the gel inside, which is a problem if you want to do fun colored brows or match your eyebrows to your hair color (which I frequently do). I assume I would have this issue with any clear brow gel in this form. The only solution seems to be to wash/wipe the wand every time you use it before dipping back in, but that takes more time and wastes product in an already small tube.

Overall for what it is, it worked. It held my brows in place, dried clear (assuming I didn't use too much), and washed off easily. Unfortunately there wasn't enough product in the tube to make it worth buying again, because I won't be using the lash gel.

on 3/3/2017 2:04:00 PM

Hate this. Whenever I tried to use it, it felt like I did my brows w/elmers school glue. Sometimes I'll use as clear mascara and it's not great for that either. Would rather have my dollar back lol

I've had bad experiences with almost every ELF product I've tried (around 10 of them), but this was the rare one that actually gave good results. It held my brows in place stiffly all day, but still looked great and didn't clump or flake or dry into a white mess.

However, I used up one side of it in only a week. I doubt I was overusing it since I never reloaded the brush for the same brow, and I had no issues with flaking. The container also looked disgusting since I use dark brown brow powder, which it would pick up and deposit.

I wouldn't rebuy this since $13NZD for only 20 days of use is actually very expensive, and I've accepted that brow gel makes basically no difference on me. Like okay sure yes two of my eyebrow tail hairs might shift 3mm in the afternoon and point down instead of out but my coworkers won't think less of me for it. I think. I hope.

I've given it a good score because it does still perform well and I can understand it being an HG product for many, but to me this is not worth it, and the price vs amount is very expensive.

on 3/3/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Good and cheap. My eyebrows stay in place al day.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is goopy and flakes. There's always a glob of gel that I end up having to pick out of my brows and if I get it on my skin at all it leaves a white film wherever it touches. I can just barely make it work by making sure to wipe off all the excess before applying and being cautious of it touching my face but it's such a hassle that I don't find it worth it even for the $2. Go with NYX or Milani for just a couple dollars more.

on 2/20/2017 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I haven't used this on my brows, but I have used this for my eyelashes as a base before applying coats of mascara. Works great for a base and to help separate your lashes before curling. The wand does hold a ton of the gel, so I wipe a bit off on a tissue before applying. I am going to try this on my brows, but do the same as I do for my lashes and wipe a bit off - since I think this may apply TOO much gel to my brow hairs.

Love e.l.f.!

on 9/3/2016 12:17:00 AM

Exactly what it should be. The brow gel keeps hairs in place without making them feel overly sticky or crusty (though if you glob on too much, that can happen). The clear formula isn't shiny or visible on; it just keeps brows tamed, as long as you brush it through evenly. Doesn't flake or wear off even after 9+ hours. The little wand is small and wide enough to be just the right size for easy application. However, you cannot brush your brows with this on once it has dried. Brushing will create crumbs/flakes that are noticeable and can't be brushed off, then needing to be washed off completely.

The clear mascara (which may be exact same as the brow gel, just labeled differently, who knows) is too wet, can be gloppy, and makes lashes feel stiff. I didn't expect to dislike a clear mascara so much, but I wouldn't use this on my lashes again. However, it was fine as a brow gel once I ran out of the brow gel end.

Great for keeping all of the eye area hairs looking good and staying where they need to be. $2 is hard to beat. Very little quantity to either side though on this double sided wand. Wish they sold a just brow gel version with a lot more of the formula. Used it all up in less than 3 weeks with daily application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Holy Grail brow gel for me. It's so cheap and one tube used daily lasts several months for me. Keeps brows in place without making them crunchy.

on 1/16/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I use it before I put on mascara or do my eyebrows because it helps keep them in place. I've found if you use it on your lashes you should use an eyelash brush after so that your lashes aren't clumpy. I love it for my eyebrows because once you brush them with this you're good to go and you don't have to do anything else.