E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 7/22/2016 3:09:00 PM

I got this email and was reading the reviews of this product and since I use it myself, I HAD to add my two cents' worth. i love it. I use L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara and after using two coats (fair and wimpy lashes), I let the mascara dry and then add the ELF Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Mascara at the tips of the upper lashes and the bottom ones, then reapply my mascara. I even use a Clinique mascara brush from Sephora of which there are samples in front of the Clinique makeup area. I use the mascara brush from Chubby Mascara and wipe the brush off on the sides of the L'Oreal brush and add some on that way. It separates them and keeps them from clumping. The only thing I have an issue with is the packaging. They need to label which brush is for brows and and which for lashes. I use both brushes for my lashes. I use Cover Girl clear mascara for my brows.
I did learn one thing from reading the reviews and didn't think of it myself. One reviewer said she used it as a primer. I'll try it that way. I normally don't like lash primers. They're too white and the mascara doesn't cover it. But I definitely recommend it. You can find it at Target and CVS. It's only a couple of dollars. Hope this helps.

I absolutely LOVE this product!! I already have been using this for years. It holds your eyebrows in place after you fill in and comb your browser. It's simple! I use the other side as a primer. I give both eyelashes one coat of this on the top and bottom. I don't have to wait until it dries. I then go ahead and apply my mascara on the top and bottom of my lashes. I use two coats of mascara. It really helps my lashes stay moisturized and NOT dry or flakey! Instead of four coats of mascara, two is ideal and it also helps my lashes look longer, thicker, and helps give you that extra umph! You CAN'T go wrong for the price! Yes, I highly recommend it and I will keep on repurchasing it, NO DOUBT!! 😃💜💜

To Read all 393 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/14/2016 12:52:00 AM

This is my first brow gel, so I don't have anything like the mac or ABH ones to compare with. However, I really like this for the price. The packaging is highly wasteful, as I would presume that most people wouldn't use this as an eyelash mascara (IT SUCKS AND ONLY MAKES MY LASHES LOOK WET), and wastes product as it uses two different compartments and two brushes, which is so unnecessary. The actual gel is pretty good at staying power and is really easy to use. Will repurchase.

on 7/4/2016 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love the brow side- I was blessed with pretty dark brows so I don't have much need for a colored product, I just use this to clean up the shape and I love the way it makes my brows look!

But I hate the lash side- it takes FOREVER to dry so you cant even curl your lashes, and it just weighs them down and makes them feel sticky and wet:(

I would repurchase the brow side but because of the lash side I think I'll get another product next time

This product keeps my brows in place all day! Unless if I'm rubbing my eyebrows, it stays in place! But it comes out easy, too. However, I'm not crazy about the applicator. It can deposit little glops of gel on my eyebrows, which I really don't like. But other than that, it's a great product!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a great brow gel, not too good of a clear mascara though.

Amazing for brows, highly recommend and for the price it doesn't matter if you dislike it :)

on 5/17/2016 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I looooooove this product! Packaging is simple, you get a good amount of product for like the $3 I paid I think. The brow gel is like super glue for your brows, keeps mine in place all day long. The mascara actually works and doesn't stay wet and sticky like the Maybelline great lash in transparent does. I've bought this twice so far and plan on continually repurchasing. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my LORD. I do not know why anyone would pay oodles of money for a clear brow gel when this GEM exists in your drug store. If you do not have this, you need to get it. My brow game is hella strong since I purchased this. It lasts all day long. I am so in love. Your eyebrows are locked in place all day. As for using this as a mascara, eh. Just use both sides for your eyebrows. It's so so affordable. I would never drop upwards of 20 dollars on a high end brow gel now that I have discovered this. I bought mine at CVS but you can also find it at Target, Walmart, and many grocery stores.,

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is moderately amazing. If you're on the hunt for cheap, basically gluten-free mascara that won't make you look crazy at the end of a long workday (because this can't--no racoon eyes from clear mascara), your hunt is over.

I have very itchy, allergy-ish eyes and I have to be gluten-free because of celiac. This doesn't bother my eyes, and it doesn't leave anything around the eyes. My eyelashes are fairly light, and this does darken them a tiny bit, while making it look like I'm actually wearing mascara.

Also, e.l.f. says they don't use gluten-containing ingredients and, um $2.00?? Yes, please!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product so much! I generally go for the no makeup-makeup look, and finding that just curling my lashes wasn't giving me the look I wanted, I picked up this at the drugstore near my school (since the only other clear one I could find was Maybelline Great Lash and I have heard horrible things about that). I wasn't expecting to like the brow side as much as I did, since my brows are naturally pretty thick, and not very unruly, I don't feel the need to do anything to them. This just took them to the next level, giving me the polished look I wanted. It was pretty lightweight, and held my curl all day, and it didn't make my lashes heavy (which I struggle with). This product is great, and I would definitely recommend it, especially at its price point!