e.l.f. Cosmetics Cosmetics Clear Brow & Lash Mascara Gel

e.l.f. Cosmetics Cosmetics Clear Brow & Lash Mascara Gel
e.l.f. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear MascaCosmetics Clear Brow & Lash Mascara GelCosmetics Clear Brow & Lash Mascara Gel

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/26/2018 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

At $2, this is a STEAL.

ABH no longer makes its clear Lash Genius so when I had to look for an alternative, I went cheap (it was either this or Maybelline's clear Great Lash). This does the trick - it grooms and set your brow hairs in place. There's two sides - one labeled for your brows and the other for your lashes. I personally just use this to brush my brows up and away. There's no hairspray stiffness about this formula either!

on 3/25/2018 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Cheap brow gel that gets the job done. Both sides are the same product. I just use it on my brows, not my lashes. It doesn’t leave brows hard or crispy. It doesn’t flake either. This is like flexible hold hair spray for your brows! It does a good job of holding them in place. No fly aways. I still like to use a tinted brow gel with this once it dries to add more texture and fullness. Only complaint is the wands are quite large. If you have thinner brows, this may be a problem. Otherwise a great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love this so much!!! Picked it up wondering what it would do, and I wasn't let down! I like how there's two ends to the product. The brushes are perfect and they spread the product really evenly. As it's clear, it works with all colors of lashes. It lasts the day and leaves your lashes with a lovely curl too. Love it!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Guys, this is HG. It's a freaking dollar and it has amazing hold. I think my favorite part of it is the shape of the brow brush, its so basic but it helps so that the product doesnt hit my skin and only gets the hairs. Holds them in place, makes them look thicker and fluffier, Love!

on 6/8/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I haven't used the lash gel at all, but I used up the brow gel. I wasn't a huge fan of it and won't be buying it again.
My first problem was the fact that when the product is new, you have to scrape the majority of it off the brush onto the neck of the tube, because otherwise you have way too much product on the brush and it clumps up.

My second problem is that whatever pigment you put in your brows transfers to the wand and tints the gel inside, which is a problem if you want to do fun colored brows or match your eyebrows to your hair color (which I frequently do). I assume I would have this issue with any clear brow gel in this form. The only solution seems to be to wash/wipe the wand every time you use it before dipping back in, but that takes more time and wastes product in an already small tube.

Overall for what it is, it worked. It held my brows in place, dried clear (assuming I didn't use too much), and washed off easily. Unfortunately there wasn't enough product in the tube to make it worth buying again, because I won't be using the lash gel.

I've had bad experiences with almost every ELF product I've tried (around 10 of them), but this was the rare one that actually gave good results. It held my brows in place stiffly all day, but still looked great and didn't clump or flake or dry into a white mess.

However, I used up one side of it in only a week. I doubt I was overusing it since I never reloaded the brush for the same brow, and I had no issues with flaking. The container also looked disgusting since I use dark brown brow powder, which it would pick up and deposit.

I wouldn't rebuy this since $13NZD for only 20 days of use is actually very expensive, and I've accepted that brow gel makes basically no difference on me. Like okay sure yes two of my eyebrow tail hairs might shift 3mm in the afternoon and point down instead of out but my coworkers won't think less of me for it. I think. I hope.

I've given it a good score because it does still perform well and I can understand it being an HG product for many, but to me this is not worth it, and the price vs amount is very expensive.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is goopy and flakes. There's always a glob of gel that I end up having to pick out of my brows and if I get it on my skin at all it leaves a white film wherever it touches. I can just barely make it work by making sure to wipe off all the excess before applying and being cautious of it touching my face but it's such a hassle that I don't find it worth it even for the $2. Go with NYX or Milani for just a couple dollars more.

on 3/3/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Good and cheap. My eyebrows stay in place al day.

on 3/3/2017 2:04:00 PM

Hate this. Whenever I tried to use it, it felt like I did my brows w/elmers school glue. Sometimes I'll use as clear mascara and it's not great for that either. Would rather have my dollar back lol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Holy Grail brow gel for me. It's so cheap and one tube used daily lasts several months for me. Keeps brows in place without making them crunchy.

UPDATED: this breaks the skin around my eyebrows out, so I will not re-purchase for that reason alone.