4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I haven't used this on my brows, but I have used this for my eyelashes as a base before applying coats of mascara. Works great for a base and to help separate your lashes before curling. The wand does hold a ton of the gel, so I wipe a bit off on a tissue before applying. I am going to try this on my brows, but do the same as I do for my lashes and wipe a bit off - since I think this may apply TOO much gel to my brow hairs. Love e.l.f.!

About reviewer (430 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I love this stuff. I use it before I put on mascara or do my eyebrows because it helps keep them in place. I've found if you use it on your lashes you should use an eyelash brush after so that your lashes aren't clumpy. I love it for my eyebrows because once you brush them with this you're good to go and you don't have to do anything else.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

3 years ago

Exactly what it should be. The brow gel keeps hairs in place without making them feel overly sticky or crusty (though if you glob on too much, that can happen). The clear formula isn't shiny or visible on; it just keeps brows tamed, as long as you brush it through evenly. Doesn't flake or wear off even after 9+ hours. The little wand is small and wide enough to be just the right size for easy application. However, you cannot brush your brows with this on once it has dried. Brushing will create crumbs/flakes that are noticeable and can't be brushed off, then needing to be washed off completely. The clear mascara (which may be exact same as the brow gel, just labeled differently, who knows) is too wet, can be gloppy, and makes lashes feel stiff. I didn't expect to dislike a clear mascara so much, but I wouldn't use this on my lashes again. However, it was fine as a brow gel once I ran out of the brow gel end. Great for keeping all of the eye area hairs looking good and staying where they need to be. $2 is hard to beat. Very little quantity to either side though on this double sided wand. Wish they sold a just brow gel version with a lot more of the formula. Used it all up in less than 3 weeks with daily application.

About reviewer (681 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

i loved this product when i first bought it, and it worked so well at holding my brows in place throughout the day, but when it came to taking it off, it was very difficult and often painful to remove. it would stick to my eyebrows so much that it would pull the hairs out when i tried to take it off. also, after a week or two, the product began to smell really strange, like a mixture of fish and chemicals, and I was reluctant to continue using it. i wouldn't repurchase this, but if you really really need your eyebrows absolutely cemented in place, it does that job perfectly.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I really love this brow/lash gel from E.L.F! I prefer using them as brow gels because the consistency is too heavy when I put the lash side on myself. It helps my brows stay in place even when I'm swimming/sweating, and because it's clear, there's no need to worry if it's going to rub off into awkwardness. The only downside is that it's rather difficult to find in Indonesia. Next time I find them, I'll just buy a couple because it's so good for everyday use.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I got this email and was reading the reviews of this product and since I use it myself, I HAD to add my two cents' worth. i love it. I use L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara and after using two coats (fair and wimpy lashes), I let the mascara dry and then add the ELF Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Mascara at the tips of the upper lashes and the bottom ones, then reapply my mascara. I even use a Clinique mascara brush from Sephora of which there are samples in front of the Clinique makeup area. I use the mascara brush from Chubby Mascara and wipe the brush off on the sides of the L'Oreal brush and add some on that way. It separates them and keeps them from clumping. The only thing I have an issue with is the packaging. They need to label which brush is for brows and and which for lashes. I use both brushes for my lashes. I use Cover Girl clear mascara for my brows. I did learn one thing from reading the reviews and didn't think of it myself. One reviewer said she used it as a primer. I'll try it that way. I normally don't like lash primers. They're too white and the mascara doesn't cover it. But I definitely recommend it. You can find it at Target and CVS. It's only a couple of dollars. Hope this helps. Update: 1/14/18., i can't find this product anymore. I switched to cover girl professional clear mascara which is just as good.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this product!! I already have been using this for years. It holds your eyebrows in place after you fill in and comb your browser. It's simple! I use the other side as a primer. I give both eyelashes one coat of this on the top and bottom. I don't have to wait until it dries. I then go ahead and apply my mascara on the top and bottom of my lashes. I use two coats of mascara. It really helps my lashes stay moisturized and NOT dry or flakey! Instead of four coats of mascara, two is ideal and it also helps my lashes look longer, thicker, and helps give you that extra umph! You CAN'T go wrong for the price! Yes, I highly recommend it and I will keep on repurchasing it, NO DOUBT!! ????????????

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

4 years ago

This is my first brow gel, so I don't have anything like the mac or ABH ones to compare with. However, I really like this for the price. The packaging is highly wasteful, as I would presume that most people wouldn't use this as an eyelash mascara (IT SUCKS AND ONLY MAKES MY LASHES LOOK WET), and wastes product as it uses two different compartments and two brushes, which is so unnecessary. The actual gel is pretty good at staying power and is really easy to use. Will repurchase.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I actually use both sides of this for my brows instead of my lashes, I don't think there's really any difference. As a mascara, this has got to be probably one of the worst ones in the world- but as a brow gel I'd say this is just as good as the $20 Anastasia Beverly Hills one. I was blessed with pretty dark brows so I don't have much need for a colored product, I just shape my brows into place with this and I love the way it makes them look! Will definitely repurchase

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBrown

4 years ago

This product keeps my brows in place all day! Unless if I'm rubbing my eyebrows, it stays in place! But it comes out easy, too. However, I'm not crazy about the applicator. It can deposit little glops of gel on my eyebrows, which I really don't like. But other than that, it's a great product!

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral