Lypsyl - Regular Lip Balm

Lypsyl - Regular Lip Balm

4.4

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Ceresin, Beeswax, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit (Organic), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Bixa Orellana Seed Extract

on 5/5/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is incredible. I'm a lip balm junkie, I have about a zillion of them, and this one is hands-down the most effective. If I use this daily, I never get chapped lips - they stay smooth, plump and moisturized. I apply at bedtime and can still feel this on my lips when I wake up. I love the cute packaging and it's really affordable (though can be tricky to find - it's not available in Canada so I have to stock up at Walmart when I'm in the States...) I've got tubes of this all over the place; in my purse, next to my bed, etc, and if ever I can't find it, I'm always disappointed to have to use something else. I'm really glad I decided to track this gem down.

Easily one of the BEST lip balms I've tried. I'm a compulsive lip-biter, and this really works to heal my chapped lips. I put it on last night before bed and woke up with the softest lips of my life. I find the results comparable to Aquaphor, but it's light enough to wear and reapply all day. I'm also a lip balm hoarder, and this is quickly becoming my new go-to (sorry, Burt's Bees). So happy to have discovered this brand!

To Read all 127 Reviews, Login or Join

THE FORMULA WAS CHANGED, about three years ago (new packaging now has a larger logo). I used it religiously before the formula changed, and no lip balm has even come close to the moisturizing qualities of Lypsyl. Now it feels completely different on the lips, and no longer has the non-oily yet moisturizing effect I liked so much. The only reason I gave it a two is because of the all-natural good ingredients it still has (even if in a different formulation).

When I went to live in another country, I bought a 12 pack of then to take with me, and it was the "new" Lypsyl. When I put it on, it felt different immediately. It was loo longer moisturizing. It sat on top of my still dry, chapped lips, making them feel even drier. I was never so disappointed in any product before. Did they try to save money on the good ingredients by re-formulating the balm to include less of them? I could find no information on it online. Every few months of so I would give it a try again, just to make sure, and it was just no good, every time.

After almost three years of trying everything I could get my hands on, I FINALLY found a lip balm that I was looking for since Lypsyl was no longer an option - Paula's Choice Lip & Body treatment balm. I still can't believe how beautifully it works and how plump and soft my lips are, even 10 hours after putting it on! It's the only lip balm I still feel on my lips after I eat!

on 3/6/2016 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The love for this lip balm makes me think that it's formulated differently outside of Sweden (where it originated from). Or that people are reviewing other versions of it that I've not tried. Because the traditional (blue and white packaged) Lypsyl that I grew up with, I pretty much hate today. My mum always stocked up on these, and for years and years I had constantly chapped lips. It didn't matter how much I used this, my lips just wouldn't get better. It wasn't until I started experimenting with other brands that I realised that this lip balm was most likely the culprint. It softens the lips for a short while, but then when the effect wears off you're not just back at square one - your lips are worse. This lip balm to me is the equivalent to a conditioner with loads and loads of silicone in it. Meaning, it covers up the problem temporarily, but does nothing to actually moisturize and heal your lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is by far the LONGEST LASTING lip balm I have ever used. It easily lasts overnight, and I probably have to touch it up one time a day. This is not seen in any of the many, many others I have tried. Most wear off within an hour: it just isn't practicable to reapply every freaking hour. Length of wear being the most important criterion, Lypsyl is easily five stars, and a HG for daytime wear.

That said, I have very dry lips, and this isn't significantly more moisturizing than most other balms I have tried. The best in terms of moisturizing is Nivea A Kiss of Moisture in the dark blue tube; that too is relatively long lasting but nothing like Lypsyl. Of course, a layer of sweet almond oil, a layer of castor oil, and vaseline to seal is great at night, too. I usually start off at night with that and then the Nivea, and in the day start off with the Nivea and then the Lypsyl.

I absolutely love this chapstick!!!! Its almost like I have finally found my holy grail. I know that sounds like a bit much, since I am just talking about chapstick, but for me its been simply amazing. I say this because my lips are weird or maybe they are just sensitive, I do not know, but what I do know is that anytime I apply any other brand of chapstick, my lips immediately start to peel and it absolutely drives me crazy. This is the only chapstick I can wear that, not only feels great, but really works. I highly recommend it to anyone. I have pretty much gotten everyone I know to start using it. The price can be kinda high at around $4 depending on where you go, but I usually always get mine on sale for $1.99. Definitely give it a try if you haven't already. It really is good stuff.

I'm a lip balm addict, ADDICT I tell ya! So I've pretty much tried every balm there is and this is one of the very best, in fact, it might be my favorite. I own it on the honey and chamomile flavor.

on 1/29/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The best lip balm I've used so far. Like many of you, I've tried hundreds. Typically, I'll use a a balm for a month or two then buy a new one (I'm rather picky ;-P). I've used a number of different brands, Smith's, EOS, Burt's Bees, Dr. Bronner's, Badger, Nivea, Philosophy, Korres, you name it. Lypsyl trumps them all. I bought it at Walgreens after seeing the great reviews here and got on sale for 1.99. It's the perfect blend of buttery and waxy and applies like silk. It even has a slight peppermint-y tingle to it. I can't see myself liking another product more. I'd gladly pay more for something of its quality, but two bucks? Heck yeah.

Overall, I'd say it's improved the texture of my lips, and I love applying it. This is something everyone must try it at least once.

on 1/11/2015 10:06:00 AM

This stuff is amazing! I can only guess that it must be made out of magical unicorn tears and maybe fairy dust. Nothing else works as good as Lypsyl for me, and its immediate relief, no matter how bad my lips are chapped at the time. I keep at least 3 on hand so that I have one around at all times. Two thumbs up :)

My favorite Chapstick ever. It is so smooth with a light fresh mint smell. It tingles a bit on the lips and feels really cool and fresh. It stays on and you don't have to reapply to often. It's thin enough to wear under lipstick but thick enough to actually moisturize lips. Got this as a gift and will be using this forever!

Popular Lip Treatments