Lypsyl - Regular Lip Balm

Lypsyl - Regular Lip Balm
Lypsyl lip balm (HG!)Lypsyl - Regular Lip Balm

4.4

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Ceresin, Beeswax, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit (Organic), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Bixa Orellana Seed Extract

on 4/6/2017 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite of all time. The packaging is convenient. I like the way this product is shaped, and the fact that you just slide the little bee on the side up or down to access or retract the lip balm. I've never used up an entire lip balm until I used up my first Lypsyl. The scent/flavor/whatever is minty, refreshing, and somewhat cooling. You can get this for less than $3 and it's definitely worth it. Preforms well underneath drying liquid lipsticks and on it's own when my lips just need extra moisture. When it comes to lip balms, Lypsyl is my one and only.

on 12/23/2016 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

The packaging makes it for me:
- Ergonomic and easy to open for weak and clumsy hands.
- Where I live it gets cold, my hands get cold and/or clammy, my lips are chapped, and opening the traditional chapsticks is such a struggle I might as not be carrying them.
- and adorable

Pros:
- doesn't melt in my pocket like most chapsticks
- scent is sweet and minimal: sometimes you pop open a lip balm and everyone in a 20 meter radius is assaulted by a spray of grapefruit scent. sometimes you feel like you're drinking children's cherry cough syrup. This is not that kind of lip balm.
- texture is perfect to me, it's a bit more consistent and easy to apply than other balms.
- readily available at large retailers for under $3 each

Cons:
- mineral oil: some may prefer burt's bees for the purest of the pure
- gets dusty: a sliver of the balm is exposed and tends to collect debris. clean it from time to time with a cotton swab.

Notes:
- the only balm I've ever emptied and never lost.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not a lip balm junkie. I usually like to just have one at a time and use it all up before moving on to the next one.

The ingredients are as follows: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Petrolatum, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Ceresin, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Bixa Orellana (Annatto) Seed Extract

This stuff is refreshingly minty and feels pleasantly cooling on the lips. The coconut oil and shea butter make it quite moisturizing.

It doesn't sink in right away and can leave a somewhat greasy feeling on the lips but that doesn't bother me much. Also, I seem to get dislikes whenever I say this but I'm not the biggest fan of mineral oil, which is the first ingredient. I didn't pay attention to that when I bought this due to rave reviews and the fact that it's cruelty-free. I always look at ingredients before purchasing skincare but not so much with lip products, which I should probably change.

The packaging is simple yet adorable and I love the fact that in order to dispense the product, you push up the little bee on the side and then push it back down after use (as opposed to most traditional lip balms which use a twist up format.)

I'd buy this again as it's not bad and I like it overall, but once I finish this up I'll be off to the next one!

on 5/5/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is incredible. I'm a lip balm junkie, I have about a zillion of them, and this one is hands-down the most effective. If I use this daily, I never get chapped lips - they stay smooth, plump and moisturized. I apply at bedtime and can still feel this on my lips when I wake up. I love the cute packaging and it's really affordable (though can be tricky to find - it's not available in Canada so I have to stock up at Walmart when I'm in the States...) I've got tubes of this all over the place; in my purse, next to my bed, etc, and if ever I can't find it, I'm always disappointed to have to use something else. I'm really glad I decided to track this gem down.

Easily one of the BEST lip balms I've tried. I'm a compulsive lip-biter, and this really works to heal my chapped lips. I put it on last night before bed and woke up with the softest lips of my life. I find the results comparable to Aquaphor, but it's light enough to wear and reapply all day. I'm also a lip balm hoarder, and this is quickly becoming my new go-to (sorry, Burt's Bees). So happy to have discovered this brand!

THE FORMULA WAS CHANGED, about three years ago (new packaging now has a larger logo). I used it religiously before the formula changed, and no lip balm has even come close to the moisturizing qualities of Lypsyl. Now it feels completely different on the lips, and no longer has the non-oily yet moisturizing effect I liked so much. The only reason I gave it a two is because of the all-natural good ingredients it still has (even if in a different formulation).

When I went to live in another country, I bought a 12 pack of then to take with me, and it was the "new" Lypsyl. When I put it on, it felt different immediately. It was loo longer moisturizing. It sat on top of my still dry, chapped lips, making them feel even drier. I was never so disappointed in any product before. Did they try to save money on the good ingredients by re-formulating the balm to include less of them? I could find no information on it online. Every few months of so I would give it a try again, just to make sure, and it was just no good, every time.

After almost three years of trying everything I could get my hands on, I FINALLY found a lip balm that I was looking for since Lypsyl was no longer an option - Paula's Choice Lip & Body treatment balm. I still can't believe how beautifully it works and how plump and soft my lips are, even 10 hours after putting it on! It's the only lip balm I still feel on my lips after I eat!

on 3/6/2016 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The love for this lip balm makes me think that it's formulated differently outside of Sweden (where it originated from). Or that people are reviewing other versions of it that I've not tried. Because the traditional (blue and white packaged) Lypsyl that I grew up with, I pretty much hate today. My mum always stocked up on these, and for years and years I had constantly chapped lips. It didn't matter how much I used this, my lips just wouldn't get better. It wasn't until I started experimenting with other brands that I realised that this lip balm was most likely the culprint. It softens the lips for a short while, but then when the effect wears off you're not just back at square one - your lips are worse. This lip balm to me is the equivalent to a conditioner with loads and loads of silicone in it. Meaning, it covers up the problem temporarily, but does nothing to actually moisturize and heal your lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is by far the LONGEST LASTING lip balm I have ever used. It easily lasts overnight, and I probably have to touch it up one time a day. This is not seen in any of the many, many others I have tried. Most wear off within an hour: it just isn't practicable to reapply every freaking hour. Length of wear being the most important criterion, Lypsyl is easily five stars, and a HG for daytime wear.

That said, I have very dry lips, and this isn't significantly more moisturizing than most other balms I have tried. The best in terms of moisturizing is Nivea A Kiss of Moisture in the dark blue tube; that too is relatively long lasting but nothing like Lypsyl. Of course, a layer of sweet almond oil, a layer of castor oil, and vaseline to seal is great at night, too. I usually start off at night with that and then the Nivea, and in the day start off with the Nivea and then the Lypsyl.

I absolutely love this chapstick!!!! Its almost like I have finally found my holy grail. I know that sounds like a bit much, since I am just talking about chapstick, but for me its been simply amazing. I say this because my lips are weird or maybe they are just sensitive, I do not know, but what I do know is that anytime I apply any other brand of chapstick, my lips immediately start to peel and it absolutely drives me crazy. This is the only chapstick I can wear that, not only feels great, but really works. I highly recommend it to anyone. I have pretty much gotten everyone I know to start using it. The price can be kinda high at around $4 depending on where you go, but I usually always get mine on sale for $1.99. Definitely give it a try if you haven't already. It really is good stuff.

I'm a lip balm addict, ADDICT I tell ya! So I've pretty much tried every balm there is and this is one of the very best, in fact, it might be my favorite. I own it on the honey and chamomile flavor.