4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

Wow, I'm amazed at how easy this applies, one of the few non-streaky whites! The color is a soft, milky sheer, very subtle and understated. I suspect with careful application, 1 or 2 coats will be more than enough. But I was in a hurry, and applied 3 coats for complete opacity. Definitely recommend this over a lot of the Essie PITA whites.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

Beautiful milky sheer color. One coat will completely even out your nail bed and make your nails look polished and pretty. It wears well and has a super shiny gel-like finish, I wish it was slightly more pink, but I love it anyway for just a basic everyday look. I would rebuy!

About reviewer (719 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

11 years ago

Unstreaky, milky creme sheer. It's very shiny and applies smoothly and easily. I love this with Essie Moonstruck tips as a french - makes my nails look so clean and well-kept. I came about this from the NB when looking for a substitute for OPI Bubble Bath (the new version is pinker and NOT what I wanted). And I actually like Hope Chest better than my older BB! I use this on my mother's nails when she wants a clean look, and she loves this as well.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I picked this up as a recommendation from the Nail Board - everything about it is perfect. Perfect combination of sheer pink and cream, plus a smooth streak-free formula. When I need to wear something classy, polished, professional and simple, this is the polish I reach for. Love it!

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBrown

12 years ago

DDD/NC43 This is basically a slightly lighter, cooler-toned version of Bubble Bath, though I doubt the difference would be noticeable to anyone but the nail polish obsessed among us. :) This one has the same smooth application and almost gel-like finish of other CGs. Worn over a coat or two of Pop the Question, this is a perfect YNBB look.

About reviewer (164 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

13 years ago

Oh wow, a HG for me! Who would've thought that a die-hard red/vampy lover like me would be giving 5 lippies to a milky pale? Hope Chest is a pale cream color with the barest whisper of pink (in other words, not enough pink to fight with my skintone like ChG Innocence). It's the perfect color for days when your nails need to look prim and well-behaved. The polish flows smoothly and is easy to work with. It does have more opacity than OPI and Essie milky pales, like the difference between whole milk and skim milk. I prefer the extra coverage from China Glaze's formula in this shade. This will be my workweek staple!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

14 years ago

Hope Chest is from China Glaze's 2006 Exceptionally Gifted Collection for brides/weddings. It's a collection of pale pinks, a white and a lavender, all sheer and delicate colors. Nothing exciting. But: China Glaze's formula is really easy to work with and is mostly streak-free, which sometimes Essie and OPI are not. Hope Chest is the palest of the pink sheers, and is a dead-ringer for OPI's Bubble Bath, with which I have a slight problem of streaking. Hope Chest applied perfectly and with the same light, milky pink pay-off.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age36-43