L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

3.6

Water Aqua, Paraffin, Beeswax Cera Alba, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl Propanediol, PEG-40 Stearate, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, BHT, Polyquaternium-10, Panthenol, Iron Oxides CI 77492, Iron Oxides CI 77499, Iron Oxides CI 77491, Ultramarines CI 77007, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Mica, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Carmine CI 75470, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I applied Loreal's Double Extend mascara and then while that is still wet I applied Telescopic. I was so excited because my eyelashes looked separated, curled and had a TON of volume. It didn't have good staying power so I'm not extremely pleased with it.

It gave me decent length and a nice, rich, black, glossy color. Not much clumping compared to some others I have tried, but I did notice some minor flaking as the day went on- but visible only in a magnifying mirror. I will update if this becomes a fave or a flop. Right now, I'd say it's a little better than average.
UPDATE 1/20/08: This mascara still works for me. I bought the carbon black version, too, and I really like it! I usually apply the Carbon Black version over my 1st coat of Define-A-Lash or Lash Blast mascaras, and it makes my lashes look longer and richer in color.

To Read all 933 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/30/2016 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Well, I bought this because I wanted something specifically for my lower lashes and since I heard that this mascara has a very thin brush, I ended up buying it. Yes, it does have a thin brush, BUT I have very thin and quite scarse lashes, and this mascara has four lines of plastic bristles (if you look at it straight, as if you were going to poke your eye you'll see what I mean), which I think it's not enough for someone with similar lashes to mine. What it does is that it clumps them together and make them very wet, my lashes are not defined, separated nor voluminous after applying this, on the contrary, they stick together, and look even more wimpy than they are. The formula of this mascara is very wet, which is something I also do not prefer, since I like my mascara to have a little more consistency to it, more thickness. Even though I don't really like this mascara for me, it doesn't smear or flake, which is a plus, and I do think that this works better on someone with fuller lashes than me, or that's not necessarily looking for volume. I don't think I would repurchase, unless I learn a new trick with it to make it work for me.

on 5/3/2016 8:33:00 AM

Mascara would be great, it makes my lashes long and voluminous but it badly flaked and smudged under my eyes.

on 5/2/2016 1:46:00 PM

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It gives me the blackest, longest lashes. It lasted on me all day with no smudging and no flaking. My favorite part about this mascara is that it held my curl all day, which most mascaras don't. I would definitely re-purchase

on 4/19/2016 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

OMG!! This mascara is amazing! The longest, clump-free, blackest lashes ever. No flaking, no smudging, comes off with soap and water. Heaven. Seriously, they look almost fake on those days where your mascara goes on absolutely perfectly. I bought it based on the many positive reviews and am VERY glad I did. I'm asked what mascara do I use? Now you know..

on 4/14/2016 10:19:00 PM

Have I really never tried this before? Why? I love it! The comb on this is so long and skinny that it's comical....thin, thin, thin wand-it freaked me out a bit putting it near my eye the first time. However, on account of the fact that my eyelashes are so short, fine, and sparse...I ALWAYS get a bit of mascara on my eyelid-especially with huge brushes. No mishaps what-so-ever with this skinny mini. Anyway, easy application, and it made my lashes look looooong compared to what Im used to. Excellent for lengthening. Volume not so much but that's not what I was looking for when I specifically bought a lengthening mascara....it did however separate so well that it looked like I had MORE lashes-just not necessarily thick ones. Nice fanned out look. And long lashes! Miraculous! It rained/hailed today and I spent quite a bit of time outside and at one point through the day there was slight smudging...but I still wouldn't say this was a "smudgy" mascara....Ive definitely seen worse. It removes really easily-a swipe of micellar water and it was gone-where with a lot of mascaras I have to use micellar, face wash, and then eye make-up remover pads to get every last trace off. I suppose because this is a thinner formula rather than thick. It was neither too wet nor too dry, buildable and no clumps. Get this if you have short lashes. Skip it if you want major volume. This is going to be my new favourite for a while...

on 3/31/2016 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Goodness -- I've heard so many wonderful things about this mascara -- I've been dying to try it. First off --- my lashes aren't in need of major help. I like a volumizing, semi-lengthening mascara that is super dark black. This mascara doesn't give me volume at all. It separates my lashes, yes, and lengthens them -- but doesn't make them look pretty and fluttery like other mascaras have done. The wand is super skinny and flexible -- which is fine -- but I don't think it's the right wand for me. It doesn't even do much for my bottom lashes. Pass.

on 3/20/2016 5:14:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara so much. I have been using it for a couple years now, and don't intend on switching to anything else anytime soon. It makes my lashes longer than any other mascara I've ever used! I am generous with it, and tend to apply 2-3 full coats. I get stopped frequently and asked if my eyelashes as fake! My only grievance with this product is that it doesn't thicken as much as other mascaras I've used. I usually use a eyelash primer prior to applying it and that solves the thickness issue ;)

Highly recommend it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

First off, I love mascara and I rarely buy the same tube twice bc I always believe that no matter how much I love my current mascara, there's gotta be a better one out there and I'll never get to experience that better one if I don't switch it up.

Well that might change with this one bc I absolutely love it and it does all that I want a mascara to do.

My natural eyelashes - I have stick straight almost Asian type eyelashes. They're stubborn and never ever hold a curl )':

What I want - My ideal lashes with mascara look natural, hold a curl, are lengthened and defined, and create a little volume... But mostly lengthen & define (I HATE spider lashes and believe mascara should *strongly* enhance, not take over), don't flake & doesn't cause a racoon type eye situation..

What this mascara does - For me, this mascara really lengthens my lashes, perfectly defines them (disclaimer - this took a few tries to get right - sometimes with a spoolie), stays put all day, HOLDS A CURL FOR HOURS, and can be layered!!! On top of allll of that, my lashes have never looked more natural! They don't look like they have black tar covering them and that they are obviously a product of a shit ton of mascara (WIN!).

Go to ulta, buy it, try it (and realize this probably wont be the mascara that you get perfectly right the very first time - there is a small "break in period"), and if you don't like it return it. But just try it! Its totally worth it.