L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

3.6

Water Aqua, Paraffin, Beeswax Cera Alba, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl Propanediol, PEG-40 Stearate, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, BHT, Polyquaternium-10, Panthenol, Iron Oxides CI 77492, Iron Oxides CI 77499, Iron Oxides CI 77491, Ultramarines CI 77007, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Mica, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Carmine CI 75470, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510.

on 8/2/2018 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It lengthened my lashes just a bit. Zero volume. The super skinny brush is nice for the lower lashes, but that's about it.

on 7/13/2018 3:38:00 PM

As of right now this is my go-to mascara. It lengthens and really makes your eyes pop, without clumping too much. At the same time, lashes look natural, but enhanced. The wand is interesting. It is very thin and the bristles are short. That makes it easy to get to the corners of your eyes without smearing mascara on your eyelids. It is kind of expensive for drug store makeup (in my opinion) - it was $11-12.

on 6/13/2018 9:24:00 PM

The first time I used this, I hated it. Too clumpy, takes too long to dry, and too easy to bend the wand the wrong way. The second time I used it, I still wasn't crazy about it . . . but had to admit my eyelashes were suddenly very fluttery, as if I was wearing falsies.

I see why this is a well-loved product, because it seems to corner the market for length. I've never used a mascara that made my eyelashes look so outrageously long, so I'll hold on to this for special occasions, but I still like to go for modest length in my everyday makeup. Probably won't buy it again, though, since I still find it hard to work with. The finished look is somewhat spiky, so if you prioritize definition like I do, this will not be your friend. I'd also recommend pairing it with an eyelash curler.

on 6/13/2018 4:33:00 PM

Favourite mascara. been using it for years. I use it in conjunction with the L'Oreal voluminous butterfly. The telescopic provides the length and seperation of lashes and the voluminous butterfly provides fullness/volume and I finds extends the length. whenever I want to go for a more natural/settle, I just use this one alone.

on 5/6/2018 3:57:00 PM

As high maintnece as this sounds I have two mascaras. One for my top and one for my bottom. This one works amazing for bottom lashes because the applicator is so thin!

To get the best application I will normally get some of the extra product off by adding a little to the tips of my top lashes to increase seperation. Then I add more towards the corner of my eye where I have tinier upper lashes that I can’t reach with my normal mascara wand (without getting product from that on my skin).

Once I have less product on the applicator, I put this gently on my bottom lashes for separation and length. If it clumps at all (I don’t like super obvious bottom lashes), I will take a q-tip and swipe across the bottom lashes lightly a few times and that will normally take care of any build up. I really have a difficult time getting the same effect with a regular size mascara wand.

This is an awesome product and I would definitely recommend/repurchase. However, I did have to take away a star because I don’t think this would do much for top lashes alone (and people are going to notice top lashes over bottoms). This is more of a convenient, good to have type of thing rather than a must have!

on 5/2/2018 12:49:00 PM

I am very impressed with this mascara. As someone who uses mascara everyday, I just can't afford to spend 30+ CDN on a tube every month. This is cheap and does a GREAT job separating the lashes (the wand is very small, suits the name) and really allows you to be precise with the application, especially on the lower lashes.
The only downside is that the formula is pretty light, so there isn't much of a thickening effect, but I would say that it volumizes pretty well.
Would repurchase again.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I love this mascara for the length it provides. I have used it for many years. Because I need more volume, I pair it with a good volumizing mascara. I recently added Clump Crusher for curl. It takes three mascaras to get the look I want. It’s worth it, though. I will always buy Telescopic Mascara. My favorite thickening mascara is Essence Lash Princess, False Lash Effect Mascara. This combination really works.

I am 29 years old and have been using this product since high school. 15 YEARS!!

Buy this product.

What I love:
-it separates and lengthens your lashes
-doesn't crumble throughout the day

HOW TO MAKE THIS PRODUCT BETTER:
-Use a primer (white mascara) or L'Oreal Double Extend mascara first, and then use telescopic on top right after to separate and lengthen lashes. It gives a false lash appearance.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was decent. It had a very skinny wand that you have to use carefully but I was able to get the lashes I was going for. It is a wet formulation with chances to smear if you are rushing. I have to take my time, but I do like the way my lashes look. This also darkens well. I'm not sure if I would repurchase.

on 1/18/2018 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I went online to search for mascaras that are good for sparse, thin lashes, and this mascara was recommended several times. Unfortunately, all this mascara gave me were spider lashes. I hate spider lashes. The formula is pretty wet and there are only 4 rows of tiny plastic combs on the wand ... that combination only deposited a bunch of product on my lashes and then there wasn’t enough of a real brush to distribute and comb the product through my lashes. Thus, clumpy looking spider lashes. Horrible , and it’s also one of the more expensive mascaras at the drugstore too for some reason. This just didn’t work for me at all.