Kanebo KATE Cleansing Oil

No Image

on 4/23/2008 9:38:00 AM

This is my first bottle of cleansing oil, & I'm extremely pleased with it! :D Ever since I started using cleansing oils, I've never looked back. They thoroughly remove all face makeup, even waterproof mascara! Sure beats having to use a regular cleansing lotion AND separate lip & eye makeup remover :p
I usually use 1 1/2 pumps to remove a full face of makeup - this amount gives a good slip, & the cleansing oil can then be easily spread all over the face. As with all cleansing oils, KATE cleasing oil is to be used with DRY hands on a DRY face. What I do is pump the oil onto my hands, spread it between my palms & apply the oil to my face. KATE cleansing oil emulsifies well, & does not leave a greasy film on the face after rinsing.
Another plus point about this cleansing oil is the size of the bottle it comes in. At 120ml, it's not a terribly huge amount, but it is enough to last you a couple of months. What I like about it is that the bottle is compact enough to be carried around during travelling, esp. for longer trips.
All in all, a wonderful drugstore find :)

on 6/10/2006 8:15:00 PM

I've used Shu(made me broke out), Covermark(can't get it locally), TISS Shiseido (discontinued) and now KATE. The oil is slightly thicker than TISS's and cleans waterproof eye makeup very well. It doesn't leave any oily reside on my face after I rinse it off. It's a little more expensive than TISS but definitely a gazilion times cheaper than Shu. It does the job of removing all my makeup but I'm hoping it would be slightly cheaper. For the price, one lippie off.