e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Filtered by eye Color : Green
e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

3.6

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

on 9/10/2009 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is the other of the two E.L.F. glosses I've tried. It's a very pigmented pink shade. It tends to be slightly stickyÖ But still itís a decent lip gloss that doesn't irritate my lips, and with an added bonus of SPF 15 (Titanium Dioxide). However, I prefer the shade Juiced Berry more, because itís more subtle. Watermelon is a tad too "in your face" pink for my complexion.

Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499)

on 12/15/2009 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Nice darker pinkish color that is not to bright or obvious, it's longlasting because of the non-liquidy, sticky consistency which is usually a plus for me.
Huge con: the scent is extremely strong.. Store one of these elf glosses perfectly closed in your collection, and once you grab another lipgloss close to it the packaging will smell like what's in the elf's tube. It's that strong.
For a while I was ok with it but no, it's terrible and unnecessary. Urgh.

What I also don't like is that I received my tube defected - the plastic is open where the cap ends and gloss oozes out.

I tried multiple times to fix it with glue which is hard of course because of the oilyness of the gloss, but by now it's closed enough so it doesn't ooze all throughout my lipgloss stash.
Well, this is not the first time this happened to me with elf products and I'm disappointed by the quality of the packaging.. but the quality of the product inside is good and the chance you'll get a tube that's ok is still much higher than receiving one like mine I guess.

on 6/19/2010 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG lip gloss! The color is perfect for me, just a nice light color that goes with everything and looks fairly natural on my light skin. It deposits quite a lot of color for a gloss, so you don't need much unless you want high impact. I like the smell/taste - not to overpowering, but pleasant. The gloss is not sticky/tacky like some others I've tried, and stays on better than most glosses.

The best part: the regular price of this gloss is one dollar!!! I get mine at Target. I have one in my purse, car, and makeup table at all times.

This is definitely worth a try for the price alone, but I think you'll be amazed at how much you like it regardless of price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I own two other glosses in this line and since I'm a fan, I decided to buy Watermelon. I wanted something a bit darker that made my lips pop and this is it. It's a darker pink that's very close to my actual lip color.
It's very shiny, goes on smooth and sticks to the lips great without any balms or primers. Just like the others in this line, the squeeze tube is very controllable and I love that it sucks some of the gloss back in the tube after squeezing so you're not getting a glob of gloss and waste it.
It does not rub off on my hair and does moisturize a good amount. It's lasting ability is amazing, if you don't eat or drink with this on. It will not hold up at all, which is why I took a point off because I have other glosses/lipsticks that can hold up much better to such things.

Especially for the price, the quality is great. you get a large amount considering and the colors are pigmented. This reminds me a lot of a Stila gloss I have, it could very well be a dupe for it.

I will buy again and would recommend to everyone who wants an inexpensive gloss that's versatile.

on 5/12/2012 12:29:00 PM

I have heard alot of great things about this lipgloss so I decided to pick it up. I must say I'm glad I did! This colour is more like a nude pink color on my lips (my lips are quite pigmented) and it smells good too! It has a very fruity scent :) usually I don't like sticky lipglosses but I'm loving this so far! If you're thinking about trying it, DO IT! It's only $1 and works great!