e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Filtered by hair type : Curly
e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the color of this. It's perfect for the summer. I have quite pigmented lips and this one is a great mix of natural, pinky nudish rosy shade for me. I always have difficulties to find the right mid tone shade of lip glosses from the affordable brands, because the lighter shades are always too light for me making my lips disappear and making me look like a dead person and the darker colors are too dark making me look too overdone. I was so happy to find this shade.
The consistency is very sticky, but it doesn't bother me, because sticky lip glosses tend to have more staying power. This one stays pretty well too.
The smell is too strong for my taste. It smells just like wild strawberries and at first I thought "oh, yummy smell", but after a while it started making me nauseous.
The other thing I don't like (but it's not a big deal) is the package. I don't like so much these squeeze tubes, because I have to use my fingers to apply the gloss evenly and it's quite messy.
This lip gloss would have been perfect on a tube with a doe foot applicator.
Anyway, I love the color so much I will purchase more of these.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I first got this gloss, I remember thinking it was a little sticky. However, I had been using very cheap lipglosses that didn't stay on long at all. Now, I love this gloss. It's one of my favorites. It's much less sticky than some of my other glosses, but it stays on for hours. The packaging is.. well.. it's a lip gloss. lol There's nothing at all wrong with it. I like the squeeze tube better than an applicator, because if I were to put it over a lipstick, I wouldn't end up with my lipstick staining the applicator or (eventually) altering the color of the gloss. I have several of these glosses, but I wear this one the most often. It's a pretty color, natural but adds some life and brightness to your face as well. Even for a higher price, I would buy this and repurchase, but at this price, why on earth not?? (I actually just bought another one as a gift for a friend.) My advice? TRY IT! I think you'll love it, but even if you don't, you've only wasted $1.

on 12/15/2009 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Nice darker pinkish color that is not to bright or obvious, it's longlasting because of the non-liquidy, sticky consistency which is usually a plus for me.
Huge con: the scent is extremely strong.. Store one of these elf glosses perfectly closed in your collection, and once you grab another lipgloss close to it the packaging will smell like what's in the elf's tube. It's that strong.
For a while I was ok with it but no, it's terrible and unnecessary. Urgh.

What I also don't like is that I received my tube defected - the plastic is open where the cap ends and gloss oozes out.

I tried multiple times to fix it with glue which is hard of course because of the oilyness of the gloss, but by now it's closed enough so it doesn't ooze all throughout my lipgloss stash.
Well, this is not the first time this happened to me with elf products and I'm disappointed by the quality of the packaging.. but the quality of the product inside is good and the chance you'll get a tube that's ok is still much higher than receiving one like mine I guess.

Popular Lip Glosses