e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Filtered by hair type : Straight
e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

This is a great lip gloss. It's a true watermelon like color (coral/peachy) with a bit of shimmer. The consistency is great; it's really thick and goes on smooth. I also love the fruity smell!!

The greatest part of E.L.F (besides the price, of course) is that THEY DO NOT TEST ON ANIMALS!!! That's amazing considering a lot of 'cheaper' cosmetic companies test..but not this one.

The only con to this product is that the color fades rather quickly, so you will need to reapply. But for a great lip gloss for only a dollar, who cares?!?! It's a great addition to my makeup collection, and they have tons of shades to mach any skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The packaging of the product is not good quality. The silver writing on it came off on my hands after just a few uses.

on 11/3/2008 11:28:00 PM

i quite like this lipgloss. it's a bit sticky as all e.l.f. super glossy lip shine tends to be. however, it does last a LONG time. so, it also has a beautiful reddish pink shade that looks like watermelon color! it's a really nice lipgloss. it smells like synthetic grape but it hasn't been bothering me in the least bit and i'm actually am picky about the scents. so, do give it a try. it's only a dollar.

on 1/21/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I don't regret this since it was dirt cheap, but the color was absolutely hideous on me. It was a tacky, cheap looking pink, something I would have worn in junior high. It is very opaque and the color was just too overwhelmingly pink.

I guess this would look better on people who are fairer and maybe with less pigmented lips

on 5/5/2009 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love. The punch of color is great for summer. The shade is so flattering, even after we went to the beach and I got a tan. Doesn't last really long, but I love the sweet smell. The squeeze tube is convenient, although the writing really does get rubbed off easily. But for the price, who cares?

I already repurchased. :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very nice product. In the tube it really does look like a watermelon color but on your lips it's more natural. It gives my lips a nice hint of color and a nice not-too-shiny shine. can definetly be used for an every day look. you get a good amount of product too and it has good staying power. took a lippy of for the scent, which doesn't botter me too much but i would have liked it better without.

on 9/10/2009 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is the other of the two E.L.F. glosses I've tried. It's a very pigmented pink shade. It tends to be slightly stickyÖ But still itís a decent lip gloss that doesn't irritate my lips, and with an added bonus of SPF 15 (Titanium Dioxide). However, I prefer the shade Juiced Berry more, because itís more subtle. Watermelon is a tad too "in your face" pink for my complexion.

Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I know this product only cost $1, but the severe stickiness and thickness is difficult to overlook no matter how cheap. The smell is not bad at all. The color doesn't last very long which is common with a gloss, but this gloss lasted less than 45 minutes on me. I also bought "Goddess". The colors were nice as I prefer sheer colors, but I can't get past how awful it feels on my lips! I wonder if the hyper shine gloss (the one that looks like a Stila lip stain) is as sticky. Will I buy it again? NO! However, try it for yourself as it only costs a buck and maybe you will not have such an issue with the stickiness.

on 12/11/2009 12:11:00 AM

Loove. With this price tag, you can't go wrong. Smells delicious.

I heard a ton of positive reviews on this product & bought myself one. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would!

Pros-
pretty light pink color
stays on for quite awhile
not too sticky
great price!

cons-
I don't like the packaging
Not a fan of the smell.