e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Filtered by skin type : Normal
e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

This is a lovely shimmery pale pink/peach. Quite a thick consistency, but this gives it staying power. Great that it is SPF as well as daily use I take it on holiday to protect my lips in the sun. Price is unbelievable for what you get! Good packaging in a slant tipped tube.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ELF says that their Super Glossy Lip Shines will "leave your lips with a healthy, glossy glow". These basic glosses are part of ELF's Essential line and are available in twelve shades. I have two, Honey Do; a sheer red, and the subject of this review; Watermelon. These glosses contain SPF 15 and absolutely no beneficial ingredients. Super Glossy Lip Shines are essentially a mixture of mineral oil, mica, parabens, and pigment. Each Super Glossy Lip Shine contains .35fl oz and sells for just $1. I bought both of my ELF glosses from the brand's website, but if you're looking to buy in store ELF can be found at select drugstores, Big Lots, Kmarts, Targets, and Walmarts. ELF is a cruelty free, vegan friendly brand. This gloss was made in China.
ELF describes this gloss' packaging as "the perfect on-the-go tube that is mess proof for easy application anywhere, any time." I wouldn't call this squeeze tube perfect, but I do really like it. Its transparent, the name of the product written on the front in silver lettering. A full ingredient list can be found on the back of the tube. A twist on clear cap seals the tube off. Removing the cap reveals a plastic slant tip applicator that dispenses and applies product wonderfully. I've never had an issue with this tube leaking, combine that with the compact size and this gloss is perfectly purse or pocket friendly. Not the cutest tube of gloss, but ELF isn't exactly known for squee inducing packaging.
In the tube, Watermelon looks like a medium, warm pink, but on my lips its more of a nude pink, almost a "my lips but better" shade, but a bit darker than my natural lip color. There seems to be a slight tan undertone to it that can only be seen when worn in a thin application on the lips. ELF's Watermelon Super Glossy Lip Shine doesn't have any visible shimmer to it, but it has a lovely, interesting pearly sheen and a very glossy finish that come together to give a gorgeous effect. Watermelon is a surprisingly opaque lip gloss, even the tiniest dot can give off a fair amount of color. I think this shade can be universally flattering.
I love the feel of this gloss, it isn't sticky, slick or tack. The best work I have for it is 'smooth'. This is probably one of the most comfortable glosses that I own. Despite not being an especially sticky gloss, ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine has pretty good lasting power. I get about an hour to an hour and a half of wear. I could probably get this gloss to stick around and last even longer, but lets be honest, I'm never quiet or still enough to get any lip product to stay put. Super Glossy Lip Shines have a generic, fruity flavor and scent that is neither pleasant nor bothersome, in my opinion. ELF describes it as "grape vanilla" which sounds about right to me.
I'm really loving ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine in Watermelon. I've had this gloss for a while but I never reached for it until recently. The color and fantastically flattering. The finish is pearlescent, definitely not what I expected. I also didn't expect the level of pigmentation this lip product had to offer. I love the feel and wear I get from this gloss as well. Watermelon is quickly becoming a new favorite of mine. I suggest ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine line as a whole. I certainly plan to buy more of them and will probably buy a backup of Watermelon. This gloss is excellent, especially considering it's $1 price tag.

on 7/19/2010 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this lipgloss, along with their Candlelight and Goddess one :)

It's a little bit sticky but the colours are nice. It stays on well. It also has a nice sweet smell, however after you remove it, it leaves this funny bittery aftertaste. Other than that, their lipglosses are very good (packing is cute too!), I would repurchase.

I love this product! And for only a dollar it is a great price. It's a really pretty red-pink color on your lips that lasts forever. It is sticky but I don't mind at all because it stays on for longer. I completely reccomend this to anyone considering it or first-time E.L.F. buyers. The squeeze tube is cute and petite, so it can fit in your pocket or purse with ease. You really don't need a lot because the color payoff is wonderful. I just use an itty bitty squirt and it does the job.

on 3/7/2010 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Before I begin, I must say that I only paid 50 cents for this lip gloss, so I wasn't expecting too much. Watermelon is the best color of the four that I purchased. I wish that it looked as good on me as the "lips" pictured here. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my skin coloring ~ it's too pink for me. It has lots of shimmer and shine, but it's still very tacky. The smell leaves much to be desired too.

Be sure to use a lip liner or this stuff will end up all over your face ~ it's quite embarrassing. If you want a cheap lip gloss, I recommend the e.l.f. Luscious Lipstick instead. I will not buy this product again...

on 1/21/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I don't regret this since it was dirt cheap, but the color was absolutely hideous on me. It was a tacky, cheap looking pink, something I would have worn in junior high. It is very opaque and the color was just too overwhelmingly pink.

I guess this would look better on people who are fairer and maybe with less pigmented lips

on 2/18/2007 6:00:00 PM

This gloss is more sheer than I expected, but for a buck I think it's great. It gives a nice Watermelon tone to my lips and the perfect glossy look. It doesn't last as long as I would like but that may be due to dehydrated lips. Need to drink more water. I like the sticky-ness of the lip gloss, not too much, but just the perfect amount.

on 6/18/2006 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Great gloss, texture is like MAC or LAncome Juciy Tubes. Color is very close to MAC Leechee Luxe, bright pink coral with shimmer. Great with a tan liner or a tan!!! Can't beat these glosses for a Buck!!!