e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Filtered by skin type : Dry
e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

on 1/5/2009 12:09:00 PM

There's not much to complain about this lip gloss. I like the color and it does show up on the lips - it's not sheer. It feels a bit thick but nothing too bad. For a dollar - I don't regret buying it. I think it dries out my lips though and also ELF doesn't have a lot of color choices. That's all though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I know this product only cost $1, but the severe stickiness and thickness is difficult to overlook no matter how cheap. The smell is not bad at all. The color doesn't last very long which is common with a gloss, but this gloss lasted less than 45 minutes on me. I also bought "Goddess". The colors were nice as I prefer sheer colors, but I can't get past how awful it feels on my lips! I wonder if the hyper shine gloss (the one that looks like a Stila lip stain) is as sticky. Will I buy it again? NO! However, try it for yourself as it only costs a buck and maybe you will not have such an issue with the stickiness.

on 3/31/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't stand the strong sickly-sweet smell. It also doesn't seem to last very long. I know, what do you expect for $1? But even at that price, I would not repurchase.

I heard a ton of positive reviews on this product & bought myself one. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would!

Pros-
pretty light pink color
stays on for quite awhile
not too sticky
great price!

cons-
I don't like the packaging
Not a fan of the smell.

on 6/8/2010 1:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this gloss! Lipgloss is my favorate, I've tried a lot of them... this one is up there and for sure the cheapest! I love the smell, although I could see it could be strong for some... great color, stays on reasonably long (for a gloss, anyway.)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I first got this gloss, I remember thinking it was a little sticky. However, I had been using very cheap lipglosses that didn't stay on long at all. Now, I love this gloss. It's one of my favorites. It's much less sticky than some of my other glosses, but it stays on for hours. The packaging is.. well.. it's a lip gloss. lol There's nothing at all wrong with it. I like the squeeze tube better than an applicator, because if I were to put it over a lipstick, I wouldn't end up with my lipstick staining the applicator or (eventually) altering the color of the gloss. I have several of these glosses, but I wear this one the most often. It's a pretty color, natural but adds some life and brightness to your face as well. Even for a higher price, I would buy this and repurchase, but at this price, why on earth not?? (I actually just bought another one as a gift for a friend.) My advice? TRY IT! I think you'll love it, but even if you don't, you've only wasted $1.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the color of this. It's perfect for the summer. I have quite pigmented lips and this one is a great mix of natural, pinky nudish rosy shade for me. I always have difficulties to find the right mid tone shade of lip glosses from the affordable brands, because the lighter shades are always too light for me making my lips disappear and making me look like a dead person and the darker colors are too dark making me look too overdone. I was so happy to find this shade.
The consistency is very sticky, but it doesn't bother me, because sticky lip glosses tend to have more staying power. This one stays pretty well too.
The smell is too strong for my taste. It smells just like wild strawberries and at first I thought "oh, yummy smell", but after a while it started making me nauseous.
The other thing I don't like (but it's not a big deal) is the package. I don't like so much these squeeze tubes, because I have to use my fingers to apply the gloss evenly and it's quite messy.
This lip gloss would have been perfect on a tube with a doe foot applicator.
Anyway, I love the color so much I will purchase more of these.

on 7/15/2012 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This gloss has a thick consistency and is very sticky. I don't feel it's comfortable on my lips at all, it almost feels like it dries them out. The color is an reddish-orangy-pink that is surprisingly well pigmented. It has a grape scent that stays for five or ten minutes after application. I bought this last summer and kept it in my beach bag and when I wanted to use it this year for the first time the tube burst open so I just tossed it in the trash. It's ok for a dollar but I would definitely not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Glossy, slightly sticky, cheap little pinky pop of color. Smells fruity, lasts a couple of hours, fades away evenly. What's not to love?