e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

This is a lovely shimmery pale pink/peach. Quite a thick consistency, but this gives it staying power. Great that it is SPF as well as daily use I take it on holiday to protect my lips in the sun. Price is unbelievable for what you get! Good packaging in a slant tipped tube.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ELF says that their Super Glossy Lip Shines will "leave your lips with a healthy, glossy glow". These basic glosses are part of ELF's Essential line and are available in twelve shades. I have two, Honey Do; a sheer red, and the subject of this review; Watermelon. These glosses contain SPF 15 and absolutely no beneficial ingredients. Super Glossy Lip Shines are essentially a mixture of mineral oil, mica, parabens, and pigment. Each Super Glossy Lip Shine contains .35fl oz and sells for just $1. I bought both of my ELF glosses from the brand's website, but if you're looking to buy in store ELF can be found at select drugstores, Big Lots, Kmarts, Targets, and Walmarts. ELF is a cruelty free, vegan friendly brand. This gloss was made in China.
ELF describes this gloss' packaging as "the perfect on-the-go tube that is mess proof for easy application anywhere, any time." I wouldn't call this squeeze tube perfect, but I do really like it. Its transparent, the name of the product written on the front in silver lettering. A full ingredient list can be found on the back of the tube. A twist on clear cap seals the tube off. Removing the cap reveals a plastic slant tip applicator that dispenses and applies product wonderfully. I've never had an issue with this tube leaking, combine that with the compact size and this gloss is perfectly purse or pocket friendly. Not the cutest tube of gloss, but ELF isn't exactly known for squee inducing packaging.
In the tube, Watermelon looks like a medium, warm pink, but on my lips its more of a nude pink, almost a "my lips but better" shade, but a bit darker than my natural lip color. There seems to be a slight tan undertone to it that can only be seen when worn in a thin application on the lips. ELF's Watermelon Super Glossy Lip Shine doesn't have any visible shimmer to it, but it has a lovely, interesting pearly sheen and a very glossy finish that come together to give a gorgeous effect. Watermelon is a surprisingly opaque lip gloss, even the tiniest dot can give off a fair amount of color. I think this shade can be universally flattering.
I love the feel of this gloss, it isn't sticky, slick or tack. The best work I have for it is 'smooth'. This is probably one of the most comfortable glosses that I own. Despite not being an especially sticky gloss, ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine has pretty good lasting power. I get about an hour to an hour and a half of wear. I could probably get this gloss to stick around and last even longer, but lets be honest, I'm never quiet or still enough to get any lip product to stay put. Super Glossy Lip Shines have a generic, fruity flavor and scent that is neither pleasant nor bothersome, in my opinion. ELF describes it as "grape vanilla" which sounds about right to me.
I'm really loving ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine in Watermelon. I've had this gloss for a while but I never reached for it until recently. The color and fantastically flattering. The finish is pearlescent, definitely not what I expected. I also didn't expect the level of pigmentation this lip product had to offer. I love the feel and wear I get from this gloss as well. Watermelon is quickly becoming a new favorite of mine. I suggest ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine line as a whole. I certainly plan to buy more of them and will probably buy a backup of Watermelon. This gloss is excellent, especially considering it's $1 price tag.

on 7/15/2012 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This gloss has a thick consistency and is very sticky. I don't feel it's comfortable on my lips at all, it almost feels like it dries them out. The color is an reddish-orangy-pink that is surprisingly well pigmented. It has a grape scent that stays for five or ten minutes after application. I bought this last summer and kept it in my beach bag and when I wanted to use it this year for the first time the tube burst open so I just tossed it in the trash. It's ok for a dollar but I would definitely not repurchase.

on 5/12/2012 12:29:00 PM

I have heard alot of great things about this lipgloss so I decided to pick it up. I must say I'm glad I did! This colour is more like a nude pink color on my lips (my lips are quite pigmented) and it smells good too! It has a very fruity scent :) usually I don't like sticky lipglosses but I'm loving this so far! If you're thinking about trying it, DO IT! It's only $1 and works great!

on 2/29/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I can't believe that ELF claim this isn't sticky! Felt horrible and gloopy as soon as I put it on. Good thing it was cheap so I didn't waste much money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I own two other glosses in this line and since I'm a fan, I decided to buy Watermelon. I wanted something a bit darker that made my lips pop and this is it. It's a darker pink that's very close to my actual lip color.
It's very shiny, goes on smooth and sticks to the lips great without any balms or primers. Just like the others in this line, the squeeze tube is very controllable and I love that it sucks some of the gloss back in the tube after squeezing so you're not getting a glob of gloss and waste it.
It does not rub off on my hair and does moisturize a good amount. It's lasting ability is amazing, if you don't eat or drink with this on. It will not hold up at all, which is why I took a point off because I have other glosses/lipsticks that can hold up much better to such things.

Especially for the price, the quality is great. you get a large amount considering and the colors are pigmented. This reminds me a lot of a Stila gloss I have, it could very well be a dupe for it.

I will buy again and would recommend to everyone who wants an inexpensive gloss that's versatile.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the color of this. It's perfect for the summer. I have quite pigmented lips and this one is a great mix of natural, pinky nudish rosy shade for me. I always have difficulties to find the right mid tone shade of lip glosses from the affordable brands, because the lighter shades are always too light for me making my lips disappear and making me look like a dead person and the darker colors are too dark making me look too overdone. I was so happy to find this shade.
The consistency is very sticky, but it doesn't bother me, because sticky lip glosses tend to have more staying power. This one stays pretty well too.
The smell is too strong for my taste. It smells just like wild strawberries and at first I thought "oh, yummy smell", but after a while it started making me nauseous.
The other thing I don't like (but it's not a big deal) is the package. I don't like so much these squeeze tubes, because I have to use my fingers to apply the gloss evenly and it's quite messy.
This lip gloss would have been perfect on a tube with a doe foot applicator.
Anyway, I love the color so much I will purchase more of these.

on 4/8/2011 8:16:00 PM

Bought this for $1 to throw in my gym bag - and I really like it! Color is nice, has reasonably decent staying power for a gloss, and is just as good, if not better, than the $5-7 Revlon & L'Oreal fancy-looking wands.

I am on my second tube of this lip gloss, but only because the first one split at the seam. I have a lot of things to say about this, but I'll keep it short. For only a dollar, you can't go wrong. The watermelon color is gorgeous and it's not sheer at all. Although the gloss is sticky, it adds staying power, but I often find myself pulling hairs off my lips awkwardly. However, I find myself almost never reaching for it for some reason. Maybe, it's because I'm subconsciously snooty and I always find myself reaching for something higher end. I really love the gloss, but I took off a star for the packaging, and another star because I'm cruel. Just kidding. I love the gloss for a dollar, but it doesn't deserve a 4 in my opinion.

I am a huge fan of NYX round lipsticks and this is perfect to finish those off for a fresh look. I use this over NYX lipsticks: Heather, B52, Tea Rose, Indian Pink and Doll. For me, this transforms a matte lipstick into something much more flattering. Beware that this is a stickly lipgloss so if you live in a windy city or your hair swings toward your face you might want to look for something else- I removed 1 lippie for the sticky factor.

Popular Lip Glosses