e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

This is a lovely shimmery pale pink/peach. Quite a thick consistency, but this gives it staying power. Great that it is SPF as well as daily use I take it on holiday to protect my lips in the sun. Price is unbelievable for what you get! Good packaging in a slant tipped tube.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Glossy, slightly sticky, cheap little pinky pop of color. Smells fruity, lasts a couple of hours, fades away evenly. What's not to love?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ELF says that their Super Glossy Lip Shines will "leave your lips with a healthy, glossy glow". These basic glosses are part of ELF's Essential line and are available in twelve shades. I have two, Honey Do; a sheer red, and the subject of this review; Watermelon. These glosses contain SPF 15 and absolutely no beneficial ingredients. Super Glossy Lip Shines are essentially a mixture of mineral oil, mica, parabens, and pigment. Each Super Glossy Lip Shine contains .35fl oz and sells for just $1. I bought both of my ELF glosses from the brand's website, but if you're looking to buy in store ELF can be found at select drugstores, Big Lots, Kmarts, Targets, and Walmarts. ELF is a cruelty free, vegan friendly brand. This gloss was made in China.
ELF describes this gloss' packaging as "the perfect on-the-go tube that is mess proof for easy application anywhere, any time." I wouldn't call this squeeze tube perfect, but I do really like it. Its transparent, the name of the product written on the front in silver lettering. A full ingredient list can be found on the back of the tube. A twist on clear cap seals the tube off. Removing the cap reveals a plastic slant tip applicator that dispenses and applies product wonderfully. I've never had an issue with this tube leaking, combine that with the compact size and this gloss is perfectly purse or pocket friendly. Not the cutest tube of gloss, but ELF isn't exactly known for squee inducing packaging.
In the tube, Watermelon looks like a medium, warm pink, but on my lips its more of a nude pink, almost a "my lips but better" shade, but a bit darker than my natural lip color. There seems to be a slight tan undertone to it that can only be seen when worn in a thin application on the lips. ELF's Watermelon Super Glossy Lip Shine doesn't have any visible shimmer to it, but it has a lovely, interesting pearly sheen and a very glossy finish that come together to give a gorgeous effect. Watermelon is a surprisingly opaque lip gloss, even the tiniest dot can give off a fair amount of color. I think this shade can be universally flattering.
I love the feel of this gloss, it isn't sticky, slick or tack. The best work I have for it is 'smooth'. This is probably one of the most comfortable glosses that I own. Despite not being an especially sticky gloss, ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine has pretty good lasting power. I get about an hour to an hour and a half of wear. I could probably get this gloss to stick around and last even longer, but lets be honest, I'm never quiet or still enough to get any lip product to stay put. Super Glossy Lip Shines have a generic, fruity flavor and scent that is neither pleasant nor bothersome, in my opinion. ELF describes it as "grape vanilla" which sounds about right to me.
I'm really loving ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine in Watermelon. I've had this gloss for a while but I never reached for it until recently. The color and fantastically flattering. The finish is pearlescent, definitely not what I expected. I also didn't expect the level of pigmentation this lip product had to offer. I love the feel and wear I get from this gloss as well. Watermelon is quickly becoming a new favorite of mine. I suggest ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine line as a whole. I certainly plan to buy more of them and will probably buy a backup of Watermelon. This gloss is excellent, especially considering it's $1 price tag.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

The price for this tube lipgloss is amazing. I wear this in the summer because it has SPF 15. I also wear this when i can't be bothered with lipgloss and lipsticks. I carry this around with me everywhere i go. It feels quite sticky at first then it just becomes okay. I'll probably keep on buying it everytime it runs out because i love it. I recommend this for people of all ages.

on 5/12/2012 12:29:00 PM

I have heard alot of great things about this lipgloss so I decided to pick it up. I must say I'm glad I did! This colour is more like a nude pink color on my lips (my lips are quite pigmented) and it smells good too! It has a very fruity scent :) usually I don't like sticky lipglosses but I'm loving this so far! If you're thinking about trying it, DO IT! It's only $1 and works great!

on 12/31/2011 7:42:00 PM

I love this gloss soooo much! For years I swore off lip gloss because I hated the way my long hair would get stuck to it in the wind, and the way so many glosses get all gross in the corners of your mouth. Not anymore though!
This lipgloss is the perfect bright pink on me, and is so pigmented it shows up on my very pigmented lips ( no small feat for a lipgloss let me tell you!) The best part is is just kind of fades away, so reapplying is easy because you don't have to wipe the yucky left over gloss off your lips first!

Pros:
-light fruity smell ( this may be a con to some, but I personally don't like unscented glosses because they tend to pick up scents)
-Super pigmented
-CHEAP ( um $1 - how can you go wrong!?)
-smooth texture and feels moisturizing on the lips
-no nasty lip gunk!

Cons:
-Some might not like the scent, it just smells like fruity gum to me
-packaging isn't anything to write home about ( but heck it was only $1!)

on 10/24/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

BEST LIP GLOSS EVER!
Its such a perfect lip color for my lips/face. It isnt overly thick like some of the other super glossys....
this is my new everyday lip gloss :)

on 8/13/2011 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this. when i don't want to bother with stains/lipstick(which require maintenance when on, haha) i go for this. awesome, long lasting, smells good, cheap as dirt, and amazing. love it. the real challenge is trying to keep myself from buying the rest until i've used some of what i already have(which is tons).

The ELF lip glosses from this line are fabulous in my opinion. There is something for everyone because they have sheer colors as well as slightly more opaque ones like Watermelon. You actually get color from these glosses without having to use a lipstick. I have it in Juiced Berry as well, which is a sheer red gloss.
For $1 you definitely can't go wrong.

on 7/16/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

longwearing and good color payoff. That is what I want in a gloss, and its only $1. Thank you ELF I am addicted to your products. The color is very similar to Sephora tube gloss in Rosy Glow