e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Glossy, slightly sticky, cheap little pinky pop of color. Smells fruity, lasts a couple of hours, fades away evenly. What's not to love?

on 1/12/2009 5:06:00 PM

Color and pigmentation is nice, too sticky IMO. IT doesn't stay on for long, but if you need it to come off for any reason, don't use a tissue as this stuff is EXTREMELY sticky and will take anything with it *ie food, tissue, etc!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ELF says that their Super Glossy Lip Shines will "leave your lips with a healthy, glossy glow". These basic glosses are part of ELF's Essential line and are available in twelve shades. I have two, Honey Do; a sheer red, and the subject of this review; Watermelon. These glosses contain SPF 15 and absolutely no beneficial ingredients. Super Glossy Lip Shines are essentially a mixture of mineral oil, mica, parabens, and pigment. Each Super Glossy Lip Shine contains .35fl oz and sells for just $1. I bought both of my ELF glosses from the brand's website, but if you're looking to buy in store ELF can be found at select drugstores, Big Lots, Kmarts, Targets, and Walmarts. ELF is a cruelty free, vegan friendly brand. This gloss was made in China.
ELF describes this gloss' packaging as "the perfect on-the-go tube that is mess proof for easy application anywhere, any time." I wouldn't call this squeeze tube perfect, but I do really like it. Its transparent, the name of the product written on the front in silver lettering. A full ingredient list can be found on the back of the tube. A twist on clear cap seals the tube off. Removing the cap reveals a plastic slant tip applicator that dispenses and applies product wonderfully. I've never had an issue with this tube leaking, combine that with the compact size and this gloss is perfectly purse or pocket friendly. Not the cutest tube of gloss, but ELF isn't exactly known for squee inducing packaging.
In the tube, Watermelon looks like a medium, warm pink, but on my lips its more of a nude pink, almost a "my lips but better" shade, but a bit darker than my natural lip color. There seems to be a slight tan undertone to it that can only be seen when worn in a thin application on the lips. ELF's Watermelon Super Glossy Lip Shine doesn't have any visible shimmer to it, but it has a lovely, interesting pearly sheen and a very glossy finish that come together to give a gorgeous effect. Watermelon is a surprisingly opaque lip gloss, even the tiniest dot can give off a fair amount of color. I think this shade can be universally flattering.
I love the feel of this gloss, it isn't sticky, slick or tack. The best work I have for it is 'smooth'. This is probably one of the most comfortable glosses that I own. Despite not being an especially sticky gloss, ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine has pretty good lasting power. I get about an hour to an hour and a half of wear. I could probably get this gloss to stick around and last even longer, but lets be honest, I'm never quiet or still enough to get any lip product to stay put. Super Glossy Lip Shines have a generic, fruity flavor and scent that is neither pleasant nor bothersome, in my opinion. ELF describes it as "grape vanilla" which sounds about right to me.
I'm really loving ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine in Watermelon. I've had this gloss for a while but I never reached for it until recently. The color and fantastically flattering. The finish is pearlescent, definitely not what I expected. I also didn't expect the level of pigmentation this lip product had to offer. I love the feel and wear I get from this gloss as well. Watermelon is quickly becoming a new favorite of mine. I suggest ELF's Super Glossy Lip Shine line as a whole. I certainly plan to buy more of them and will probably buy a backup of Watermelon. This gloss is excellent, especially considering it's $1 price tag.

on 12/31/2011 7:42:00 PM

I love this gloss soooo much! For years I swore off lip gloss because I hated the way my long hair would get stuck to it in the wind, and the way so many glosses get all gross in the corners of your mouth. Not anymore though!
This lipgloss is the perfect bright pink on me, and is so pigmented it shows up on my very pigmented lips ( no small feat for a lipgloss let me tell you!) The best part is is just kind of fades away, so reapplying is easy because you don't have to wipe the yucky left over gloss off your lips first!

Pros:
-light fruity smell ( this may be a con to some, but I personally don't like unscented glosses because they tend to pick up scents)
-Super pigmented
-CHEAP ( um $1 - how can you go wrong!?)
-smooth texture and feels moisturizing on the lips
-no nasty lip gunk!

Cons:
-Some might not like the scent, it just smells like fruity gum to me
-packaging isn't anything to write home about ( but heck it was only $1!)

I must say I was shocked at how pigmented this gloss actually is. I was eyeing a lighter color, but figured to go with the darker. I expected it to be very sheer, but it stayed true to color! I feel as though it's a little thin, but if you apply too much it's a bit gloppy. You have to learn how to put on the right amount. I wouldn't say it's SUPER glossy, but for a dollar, I really can't complain!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the color of this. It's perfect for the summer. I have quite pigmented lips and this one is a great mix of natural, pinky nudish rosy shade for me. I always have difficulties to find the right mid tone shade of lip glosses from the affordable brands, because the lighter shades are always too light for me making my lips disappear and making me look like a dead person and the darker colors are too dark making me look too overdone. I was so happy to find this shade.
The consistency is very sticky, but it doesn't bother me, because sticky lip glosses tend to have more staying power. This one stays pretty well too.
The smell is too strong for my taste. It smells just like wild strawberries and at first I thought "oh, yummy smell", but after a while it started making me nauseous.
The other thing I don't like (but it's not a big deal) is the package. I don't like so much these squeeze tubes, because I have to use my fingers to apply the gloss evenly and it's quite messy.
This lip gloss would have been perfect on a tube with a doe foot applicator.
Anyway, I love the color so much I will purchase more of these.

on 5/5/2009 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love. The punch of color is great for summer. The shade is so flattering, even after we went to the beach and I got a tan. Doesn't last really long, but I love the sweet smell. The squeeze tube is convenient, although the writing really does get rubbed off easily. But for the price, who cares?

I already repurchased. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this! I actually picked it up by mistake meaning to get another color...good things sometimes happen when you are in a hurry. lol. I love the smooth wet look of all the lip shines and how good they feel on the lips, not sticky. This one has more color than some of the others. And it lasts! Great stuff. Better than some that cost much more.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I recently purchased this as part of the lip cases (5 lippies and a case for $4? how could you not??)

I absolutely love this lip gloss and you really do get more than what you pay for with this one. It's a great pink-cherry-red and I really was initially skeptical about how it would look on my light Filipino skin, but it really is a great sheer cherry wash with just enough glimmer. The scent is not too intrusive but refreshing enough and the product goes on so smoothly on the lips. I get so many compliments when I use this because it's kind of an everyday glam--great for school, internship, and work =)

I will most definitely repurchase! But probably a while from now as I bought five of them in one sitting, LoL!

on 3/24/2008 4:44:00 PM

This is the prettiest color!!! It really looks like watermelon and I love the texture and smell. No amount of words can describe how much I love this gloss in general, and this color is the best! One costs a buck so that is great and you get a lot of product.

Popular Lip Glosses