e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon
Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - WatermelonSuper Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Watermelon

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum, Polybutene, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Red No.7, Calcium Lake(CI 15850:1), Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), Red No.27 Aluminum Lake(CI 45410:2), Red No.40 Aluminum Lake(CI 16035), Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake(CI 42090:2), Iron Oxide(CI 77499).

on 6/10/2006 8:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Great pink shade for summer and sheerish. Slanted applicator, nice thick gloss, best dollar gloss anywhere.

on 6/18/2006 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Great gloss, texture is like MAC or LAncome Juciy Tubes. Color is very close to MAC Leechee Luxe, bright pink coral with shimmer. Great with a tan liner or a tan!!! Can't beat these glosses for a Buck!!!

There is nothing about this gloss that I don't like. I like the texture, colour, spf, packaging and the price. I find that these actually have nice colour payoff and last a decent amount of time on the lips. I find the texture to be pretty similar to the Clinique impossibly glossies and these are only 2$ Cdn. I would repurchase for sure. These come in some great shades as well. This is a natural pinky coral shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

PROS: I REALLY like this color on me. It warmed up my skin and made me look glowy. PLUS it only cost a buck!

CONS: I didn't like the texture. Too sticky for my likings.

I can see why they called this Watermelon-it's color really does remind me of fresh Watermelon! It's a bright, healthy shade of dark pink that I thought would look bad on my skin tone (medium golden olive) since I prefer peachy or brick tones. It looks pretty good since there isn't really a whole lot of pigment and gives a nice natural look when I wear a slighter bright pink shade of blush like Milani Cherries On Top or Everyday Mineral's Apple. It's not my first choice when I reach for lipglosses, but is a good item to have in my collection. I'd buy this again for it's super cheap price of $1 and it does taste great--a sweet grape flavor--and I like the feel of it on my lips. They feel very moisturized and soft when I wear any of these Super Glossy SPF 15's.

on 2/18/2007 6:00:00 PM

This gloss is more sheer than I expected, but for a buck I think it's great. It gives a nice Watermelon tone to my lips and the perfect glossy look. It doesn't last as long as I would like but that may be due to dehydrated lips. Need to drink more water. I like the sticky-ness of the lip gloss, not too much, but just the perfect amount.

on 7/20/2007 10:44:00 PM

I love this watermelon color, and it has SPF 15! It is nice and glossy, but not sticky. I just wish it would last longer, but the cheapness makes up for it!

The only thing I don't like about this gloss is the smell, but I don't like anything grape smelling so thats my fault not theirs. Everything else, from the color, texture, shine, is all very good. Some people said it doesn't last very long, but for me it did, even after drinking and eating.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this from the elf site a couple of weeks ago, and its SO good! the color is great for my very tan skin and the texture of this gloss is supremely smooth and not sticky at all!! def. better texture than any other drugstore lipgloss! i just ordered 3 more!

I received this gloss as an extra and the tube says "Donna L'Oren." I have fair cool-toned skin and I thought it would be too warm for me. I decided to try it out before tossing it in my make-up give-away bag. My first thought was "yep, a bit too warm," but immediately after it was "wow, that's smooth." I love the texture and wanted this in a different color. I tried to look up Donna L'Oren, but that's a lingerie company. Imagine my surprise when I did a board search and discovered that the product is really E.L.F. I considered myself to not be a makeup snob, but I never gave the E.L.F. display a second glance. I like this as much as most other drugstore and even mid-range department store glosses. This is a drugstore gem. I found Watermelon to be wearable, but slightly brighter and warmer than the glosses I normally wear. Watermelon is a somewhat bright, warm pink shade. I have fuller, more pigmented lips, so this, like most glosses, blended in. There is a hint of color, but it still looks natural. The finish is glossy with shimmer, but not over-the-top. For one dollar I figure I just as well might buy every color.