Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion

Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion
Jergen's Ultra Healing LotionUltra Healing Lotion

4.3

************Ingredients in 2016 formula:WATER, GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PETROLETUM, STEARIC ACID, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, LAURETH -3, CETEARETH- 20, DMDM HYDANTOIN, ALLANTOIN, METHYLPARABEN, ARGININE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, PROPYLPARABEN, CARBOMER, FRAGRACE, PANTHENOL, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, LECITHIN, ALCOHOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL.************************************Original ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Ceteareth-20, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, PANTHENOL, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, LECITHIN, ALCOHOL, Cetyl-PG Hydroxyethyl Palmitamide, Allantoin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Dilaurate, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, Stearic Acid, CARBOMER, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance

on 1/23/2017 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I suffer from dry, itchy skin all year around. Jergens Ultra Healing lotion keeps my skin soft and moisturized without feeling greasy. I love the light, clean scent and it's super cheap.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

*Edit: I am taking a lippie off of my overall rating, only because the longer I use this, the more I am having to use. Not sure why, but it seems to take more and more lotion to keep the moisture on my skin. I still find it to be a good basic lotion; maybe it is a seasonal change in my skin, but I feel I am going to need some deeper moisture.

My skin is very, very dry all over and this lotion really does help to moisturize and keep the skin soft. I have noticed that the ingredients have changed on the formula, so I added those to the ingredient listing above. The original ingredients listed above are actually what is still used in the Walmart Equate version, I believe, which is also a very good moisturizing lotion. I think that the Jergen's new formula has a slightly less noticeable scent, and even so, I still find it to be slightly too much. Most people probably wouldn't notice too much but I am very attuned to scents in products, so it may not even be an issue for someone else. It is not a bad scent, just a light floral, but more than I would prefer, and it really does not linger for too long. (The only scented lotion I have ever liked is the Neutrogena sesame). My skin is sensitive and reacts to many lotions, but I have no problems with this one. My skin feels comfortable and not greasy or sticky after applying. It has a pump which is always a plus and it's about $5 for a large bottle. Overall it works well for hands and body, so I'll keep using it.

on 2/8/2016 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Meh. I needed a cheap travel size (hand lotion in a pinch and these were on sale at Walgreens (2 oz. tubes) for 99 cents (reg $2.00) so I picked on up. Not a huge fan - did not like smell.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I must be the odd one out because I didn't find it that moisturizing. I was constantly reapplying and my skin was still itchy. The smell was also kinda gross.

on 2/7/2015 10:25:00 AM

I first used this lotion when I was in the United States. I come from a humid country and I have a dry skin. The winter in US made my dry skin got even worse. Luckily I got this lotion and I love it!! It moisturize my skin during the winter and I could avoid super dry and itchy skin condition due to the cold and dry weather. Right now I'm using this as a night lotion and it perfectly hydrates my skin from the air conditioner. I don't use this during the day since it feels too heavy on humid weather.

on 1/16/2015 6:28:00 AM

I never really had much to say about lotions, as I found them usually of two types. The ones that left you feeling greasy and slimy, after using them. Or the ones that felt alright going on, but did not make much of a change to the skin and disappeared within a few hours.
I have in my possession 5 different lotions now, ranging in price low to high- with no real benefit. I also bought the Jergens Ultra Healing lotion. What a surprise. This really works. If you have areas of dry, ruff skin, or your skin is just not feeling as smooth as you would like, do yourself a favor and try this product. I am a diabetic and my feet get very dry, especially my heels. I tried this lotion on my feet, and I could not believe the change in the way my feet looked, and felt. Of course, then it was to my hands, legs, etc. with the same great results.
All the others go in the trash- this is the one for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Update 3/24/2016 I no longer use this product. I believe if you are young, it might work, but after hitting 40 this did not help my dry hands.

For sure the new formula is even better. I get really dry hands from constant washing them. This stuff overnight will make my hands soft. I noticed in the winter my face gets really dry as well. I would spend SO MUCH MONEY on night creams from Estee and Chanel to put on my face. One day I was just so unhappy and lazy that I decided that while I was putting lotion on my hands why not just put this stuff on my face. Alright ladies, one night and this stuff works better than the expensive stuff. I was so upset, but at the same time thrilled. No more expensive night products for my face when this drugstore lotion is AMAZING! People even noticed that my face was not dry as much anymore. The makeup went on smoother! I had a glow. Who would have thought that from Jergens? Give it a try, you will not be upset.

on 11/23/2014 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the BEST drugstore lotions around. This is always on hand here in my house because it will always work and I never have to worry about it when I am severely dry in winter (which is a constant problem).

This always smells nice and clean and never competes with perfume. This is never greasy or thick or sits on the skin. Great stuff for a great price!

on 11/23/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I typically use all natural products on my face but this is the only lotion that I will use other than natural ingredients. I absolutely love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have tried several lotions through the years, but my skin felt dry after an hour or two, or a lotion left a greasy, slimy residue on my skin.

I always returned to Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion. It feels so creamy and emollient when being applied to the skin, and after it absorbs, leaves my skin feeling soft to the touch.

There is a light, pleasant scent, but do not find it overpowering. If I choose to wear perfume for the day, will wait until scent of the lotion dissipates before using perfume. Of course, if I put my nose right on my skin, will smell a faint Jergens scent, but the scent of the lotion has never affected the scent of the perfume.

Popular Lotions / Creams