Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud

Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud

4.7

on 10/1/2007 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. On one hand, it makes my hair feel like spun acrylic immediately after application, and for a time thereafter; on the other hand, it really does control frizz and add a *reasonable* amount of shine (meaning that you will not get the megawatt reflective qualities of a silicone-rich shine product but will, rather, get a rich, lustrous, fabu shine). I have very, very thick, exceedngly coarse, devoutly wavy (not quite curly, but almost impossible to straighten) hair. This actually makes it shiny, and -- even in Georgia -- tempers the frizz. In fact, this stuff applied to damp hair followed by a 20 minute car ride with the windows down yields the most fantastic, highly texturized, tousled beach hair that has ever perched atop my scalp. Too bad it feels like barbie hair. I suppose my conclusion is that it's magical, so long as I don't anticipate anyone attempting to run their fingers through my hair within 6-8 hours of application. I pobably won't buy it again straightaway, but I can't imagine finding anything that de-frizzes and shines so much to my liking, so I'm fairly certain I will return to it after a few failed attempts to surpass it. I should also add, for those olfactorily inclined, it smells EXACTLY like a funeral parlor -- heavy, dark rose and carnation. I happen to love it, but it's a very odd smell for a styling product. And I really can smell it for quite some time -- it does not fade quietly into the background. Not immediately, anyway.

on 5/22/2006 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow! I am always happy when I find a product that actually works on my very fine hair that always goes flat!! This is great! Gives a nice piecy look, and I've put a little and a lot for different looks and it does not weigh hair down. It's a nice, light consistency - not thick. LOVE IT!!

on 8/15/2004 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. My hair is medium short and wavy and this gives my hair body and shine without crunchiness or a sticky feel.I use it on both wet and dry hair. I also love the smell. Will definitely buy again.

Popular Styling Products