Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud

on 10/1/2007 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. On one hand, it makes my hair feel like spun acrylic immediately after application, and for a time thereafter; on the other hand, it really does control frizz and add a *reasonable* amount of shine (meaning that you will not get the megawatt reflective qualities of a silicone-rich shine product but will, rather, get a rich, lustrous, fabu shine). I have very, very thick, exceedngly coarse, devoutly wavy (not quite curly, but almost impossible to straighten) hair. This actually makes it shiny, and -- even in Georgia -- tempers the frizz. In fact, this stuff applied to damp hair followed by a 20 minute car ride with the windows down yields the most fantastic, highly texturized, tousled beach hair that has ever perched atop my scalp. Too bad it feels like barbie hair. I suppose my conclusion is that it's magical, so long as I don't anticipate anyone attempting to run their fingers through my hair within 6-8 hours of application. I pobably won't buy it again straightaway, but I can't imagine finding anything that de-frizzes and shines so much to my liking, so I'm fairly certain I will return to it after a few failed attempts to surpass it. I should also add, for those olfactorily inclined, it smells EXACTLY like a funeral parlor -- heavy, dark rose and carnation. I happen to love it, but it's a very odd smell for a styling product. And I really can smell it for quite some time -- it does not fade quietly into the background. Not immediately, anyway.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This doesn't have the greatest smell, but it is bearable. It also works to texturize my short, curly hair and has a light hold. It doesn't weigh down my hair, so is perfect for those who worry about that. I prefer the texturizing glaze, but is still a good product.

Popular Styling Products