Alterna Haircare Hemp Seed Styling Mud

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Alterna Haircare Hemp Seed Styling Mud

4.5

on 1/29/2012 5:18:00 PM

Does exactly what it's supposed to: adds texture, shine, soft hold and sculpting help. Not stiff or sticky at all once dry. Smells good too, but very mild and won't interfere with your favorite perfume. I love it. I have short hair that misbehaves sometimes, and a small dab through dry hair pretty much fixes it, without looking stiff or artificial (or, gulp, the dreaded "gel" look, yikes). Happy to have found this.

on 9/28/2009 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was surprised at the number of reviewers who put this product throughout their whole hair. I can't imagine doing this, but maybe because I have fine, chin-length hair. My stylist used this on me to texturize/separate the ends a bit so they'd be piecy. Even though I thought it was expensive, I bought it because of the delicious smell! (Apparently not every reviewer agrees with me).

I think the smell is very natural, fresh and clean - kind of reminds me of fresh cut grass. The product is not too gummy or sticky. I just use a very tiny bit (like one-sixth the size of my pinky fingernail.) Maybe this is why it has lasted me 3 years. I also love the sleek jar which fits nicely in your palm and is sturdy. The only downside IMHO is the price, but having priced a bunch of similar products today at Ulta, this seems to be the going rate for this type of product. I wish they sold smaller jars!

Popular Styling Products