Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud

This stuff is soooo great!! It was recommended by a former stylist and I use it nearly every day. I like to wear my thick, wavy chin length hair both naturally wavy and straightened with a flat iron. I find that the Styling Mud works well with both styles. It is the last thing I apply to my hair after styling it and it tames any frizzines, gives my style hold, and lets me make any finishing touches to my style. It's great for piecing hair together when I wear my hair straight or finger curling my hair when I wear it with its natural wave. It also adds a shine to my highlighted hair that I love. Oh, and like most of the Alterna products, this has a very nice scent. It's strong at first but fades after application. My guess is that this product is best for shorter hairstyles. My current tub of this product is almost finished and I am definitely going to buy another one!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This stuff works well for a piecey, chunky look, and it adds a lot of shine to the hair. I like to use a little bit on my eyebrows to keep them in place. Plus it has a very unique, earthy, delicious scent (almost like... well, you get the idea). The texture is like thick, sticky mud.
PACKAGING: Large wide and shallow tub. Very easy to scoop out desired amount. Lid goes on tight, I haven't had it dry out any.
PRICE: About $15.00 USD from a salon.
PROS: Smells lovely, keeps hair in place

CONS: A tad chre, if you ask me. The mixture tends to separate a bit, but if you mix it back up with your fingers all is right.
SUMMARY: I like.
INGREDIENTS: Superoxide Dismutase, Lactoferin, Retinyl Palmitate Polypeptide, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Phospholipids, Corn Oligosaccharrides, Copper Oxidase, N-Acetyl Methionine, N-Acetyl Serine, Amino Acyl tRNA Synthetase, Dimethylamino Benzamidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, PED-90M, Phenoxyethanol, Methyleparaben Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Caramel, Parfum.
WILL buy again.
EDIT: I tried rubbing this into my cuticles like aprillia suggested, and it made them soft and left my nails shiny and smelling wonderful. continued >>

This is the best volume boosting product I have ever owned. When my hair is damp I apply a little to my roots and hair and blowdry and then smooth a bit all over my hair. Great volume and texture and the scent is yummy. Great product! I will definately repurchase.

on 2/18/2003 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is definitely Holy Grail status for me! Initially, I hated this product, but I think I was probably using too much. This is definitely where the term "less is more" comes into play. I have shoulder length textured layers, and about a dime size or less of this, gives my layers outstanding definition and some shine. I've never been able to achieve the piecey-ness and shine without resorting to more than one product .. but this delivers it all, without weighing down my fine hair. Definitely one of the better Alterna Styling products!

Popular Styling Products