Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud

Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud

4.7

I like this product. It does sculpt and define. Gives great shine and decent hold. The only thing I can really complain about is the smell...it kind of doesn't have a very appealing scent. The scent wears off though after awhile, thank goodness. I am on the lookout for a product that does the same thing at a more decent price because this was around $22 for a 4 oz. jar. I will continue to use this though until I can find a similar product.

on 5/9/2002 2:06:00 PM

Wonderful smell, wonderful product. My hairdresser used this after he blew my hair out and curled the ends. It makes your hair soft and it keeps fly-aways at bay. It also helps my hair to look more natural after being blown straight. I highly recommend it!

this product has cute, sleek packaging, and is the perfect texture.
it is goopy and sticky, rather than being hard and greasy. its very easy to wash off your hands after styling. it holds the style until you next wash your hair. continued >>

on 7/12/2002 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hooray! A product that works with my haircut. I have a pseudo-Meg Ryan, short, razor cut 'do with ends that flip up. It needs something to separate and hold, but the waxes and gels I've tried have just looked wrong, wrong, wrong. My hairdresser (Mary, who is a genius), tried this out on me after her salon went to Alterna products. To be honest, the smell was what sold me, but this stuff works great! The flippy bits in my hair are soft, movable and nicely separated, without looking like scary spikes. You should, however, be sparing with this stuff, since too much can cause a greasy look.

on 2/18/2003 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is definitely Holy Grail status for me! Initially, I hated this product, but I think I was probably using too much. This is definitely where the term "less is more" comes into play. I have shoulder length textured layers, and about a dime size or less of this, gives my layers outstanding definition and some shine. I've never been able to achieve the piecey-ness and shine without resorting to more than one product .. but this delivers it all, without weighing down my fine hair. Definitely one of the better Alterna Styling products!

on 11/22/2003 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My hairdresser gave me a sample of this after using it on my hair and have to say-I love this stuff. I like the smell and it's fun to use. I've used it to straighten my hair (worked better than the Hemp Seed Straighening Balm), make it piecey, flip the ends up or out, or just better a bad hair day.

The texture is sticky but rubbing it through your hands helps to smooth it out a little.

It's kind of fun to use and it can be used to create a lot of diffent styles.

This is the best volume boosting product I have ever owned. When my hair is damp I apply a little to my roots and hair and blowdry and then smooth a bit all over my hair. Great volume and texture and the scent is yummy. Great product! I will definately repurchase.

on 3/5/2004 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff. It's great on wet or dry hair-- especially on dry. You can use it to manipulate your hair into place or to get a really piecey look, depending on how you style it. It's also excellent for flyaways, though It doesn't weigh your hair down or make it feel (or look) greasy. You can achieve really different effects depending on how much of it you use, so it's quite versatile. It's super-easy to use; just rub a little (or a lot) in your fingers and then do whatever you want. I also love the smell-- nothing overpowering, but pleasant. A tub of it lasts a loooooong time, so it's well worth your money.

on 7/11/2004 1:18:00 AM

When I had really short pixie hair, I used this a lot. It was great, because the moisture really helped the bleached texture of the hair. A little dab did me.
Now, I have longer hair, and it doesn't work. Bleah. But I would almost use it as a body butter! I'd rub it in my cuticles and it worked great.
Haven't had any around for a couple of years, but I still remember the distinctive fragrance.
Good stuff.

on 8/15/2004 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. My hair is medium short and wavy and this gives my hair body and shine without crunchiness or a sticky feel.I use it on both wet and dry hair. I also love the smell. Will definitely buy again.

Popular Styling Products