Phyto Phytophanere Food Supplement for Hair and Nails

Phyto Phytophanere Food Supplement for Hair and Nails

3.6

Gelatin, Carrot Oil In Sunflower Oil With Rosmary Extract, Acerola Extract Enriched with Vitamin C, Glycerin, Borage Seed Oil at 20 GLA, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Rice Bran Oil, L-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Yeast, Wheat Germ Oil, Calcium Pantothenate, Soybean Lecithin (Gluten), Orizanol, Pyridoxine Chlorhydrate, Riboflavine, Biotin, Colors: E 171,E 172, Cereal Flavor.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I read these are excellent for hair loss & strengthening hair as well as nails. Absolutely had to try it out! Well...as much as I was looking forward to seeing some benefits from these after reading all the positive reviews, I started developing cystic acne and had to stop within a week. Not seen acne that bad in many years. I didn't understand at first what I had changed, whether something in my diet or stress or a skincare product. I had a hunch it could have been this as it was the only thing different during that time. I realized that just after I took the 2 tablet dose for the day and then stashed the bottle away so that I don't take any more out of habit. In the next couple of days my skin cleared up to its normal state which can't just be a coincidence. A shame as I love the brands products in general, especially their 'Phytopolleine scalp treatment' which I use regularly and swear by.

As these are quite pricey (I got mine for $60 from Ulta) I gave them to my mum who didn't have any adverse reaction nor anything positive to say about them. Could be that she needed to take them for longer to see something? In any case she didn't purchase anymore once the bottle ran out so I guess we'll never know...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/28/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've used this product for 1 month. I bought 1 pack with 2 bottles cost 43 Eur in Paris, i used to try biotin 5000mg before but got acne after that although i drink lots of water but still break out so bad :( In Paris there are many people use phyto products, especially this bottle so i hope it can help my hair. My hair was thinning and very dry because of hormone change and stress, but after 1 month with 3 capsules /day ( they recommend 2 per day but you can use more ), not only has my hair stopped thinning so rapidly, I've also noticed some regrowth, after 1 month, my hair grow 5-6cm and look thicker. My eyelashes are also thicker and longer. And the pills are very small and easy to swallow and not cause acne!

P/s : This product is not a natural product and still contains some bad ingredients :(

on 8/15/2016 4:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

i tried this for 6 months.

SKIN: my skin did had some ups and downs. not sure if its the supplements because i do have acne prone skin BUT i never had sensitive skin en the last couple of weeks my skin is extremly sesitive. when i stopped the phyto my skin got back to normal

NAILS: no difference. i already have strong nails that grow fast. i dont use nailpolish or fake nails so that helps

HAIR: well huuuuge difference when it comes to strenght and breakability. almost no hair loss when brushing, no breaking during sleep (normally my hair breaks a lot). huge difference. but i didnt grew faster. my main problem was the hair loss so im very happy with the result. but now ive stopped for maybe 6 weeks and my hair is starting to fall and break again....so its definitly the type of product that you should keep on using.

heard a lot about side effects, i dont think i had any besides the senistive skin.

im considering switching to viviscal beause i also heard good things about those supplements....but im not sure....so still trying to find some comapring reviews

on 2/22/2015 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Please be careful if you have thyroid problem ,, DON'T use it ,, the soy in these supplement interact with your hormones ,, it makes me have my period on every 10 days with bleeding ,, so if you take these supplement and you have noticed any changes in your menstrual!! The supplement is the reason why. Stop taking it immediately.

I had read/heard about these supplements for years but was hesitant to plunk down the $50/$60 for two months given the mixed reviews on MUA. While in Paris, I started comparing prices at the various pharmacies and eventually found a 4 month supply for 23 euros (plus a 20% additional sale price) at the Cite Pharma on the Rue de Four... they are no longer on sale at Cite Pharma but they are significantly less expensive there (and at the Pharmacie Monge) than other pharmacies across the city... and, of course, minus the plane fare, etc, they are much cheaper than in the U.S.!

I have fine, shoulder length blonde hair that is damaged from picking (a terrible nervous habit of mine that has eliminated approximately 1/4 of my once very thick mane) and color treatments.

Typically my hair grows 1/4" a month. In the five weeks since I have been taking the Phyto supplements (two a day, in the morning, with water followed by breakfast), my hair has grown an inch (a fact made very clear by the striking color contrast provided by the re-growth); I have been putting off updating my color in order to keep track of my hair's "progress"!

As other reviewers mentioned, I may be experiencing some side effects: initially, my pee smelled rather bizarre (TMI, but worth noting). However, this doesn't seem to be an issue anymore (it was only a thing for a week - I credit this to dehydration or perhaps my body acclimating to the new nutrients). My skin is breakout prone and has been all over the place this summer (as has my period), but I am not sure if this to blame on the supplements as much as a tremendous diet change (the unavoidable carbo overload of Paris) and the heat/amount of makeup I wear in said heat.

I still have a little over two months of supplement left and am still debating whether to buy another 4 month set while in France. Regardless, I will have to update this review in a few months time to see if the first month wasn't just a fluke (I hope not)!

on 7/27/2013 2:51:00 AM

Too expensive... Totally see improvement. My hair has frown faster and healthier. Feel content with results And will continue to buy... Please bring down the price. I think 50 would be reasonable.

on 6/27/2013 10:02:00 AM

I started taking these supplements four months ago see how they would compare to Viviscal, which had given me good results. At $59 for a 2-month supply, Phytophanere worked out to be a little bit cheaper. Plus the pills are smaller and easier to take, and you only have to take your dose once a day whereas Viviscal is a twice-a-day supplement. But even though Phytophanere is cheaper and more convenient, I would recommend Viviscal over Phytophanere and here is why:

Results- Phytophanere asks you to wait 4 months to see a difference, Viviscal asks for 3. I was seeing a noticeable increase in hair growth well before I had reached the 3-month mark with Viviscal, with Phytophanere it's been 4 full months and my hair is not growing faster at all. I can tell because I color my hair and it's easy for me to gauge how fast my hair is growing based on how fast my roots come in. I will say this about my growth from Phytophanere though, my hair seems a lot stronger at the roots because I'm experiencing far less hair breakage than I used to. However, my hair is now also drier and less manageable at the roots which is a new problem I've never had before. It's made styling more difficult.

Side Effects- okay, this product caused all kinds of weird & embarrassing side effects that I kind of don't want to talk about but I want to be 100% honest so here goes. One, taking Phytophanere made my periods irregular which freaked me out. Nothing has ever affected my periods before except BCP which is a doctor-prescribed medication, these are just vitamins! That alone makes me not want to buy them again. Also (this is bad), taking these supplements made my urine reek horribly and sometimes it would actually burn. Do you really want to be dealing with that? I'm not a doctor, but that can't be good. I had none of these problems with Viviscal- in fact I had no side effects with Viviscal at all.

One more thing about Phytophanere, the instructions recommend that you take the pills in the morning- do that. Something about this stuff requires you to be awake and moving around and not asleep. I found the side effects weren't quite as bad if I took it right when I woke up. It really makes a difference.

In short, I cannot recommend this product based on my experience with it. The results are unimpressive and the side effects just make it not worth it. If you're looking for a hair supplement that actually works and won't wreak havoc on your system with a bunch of weird and surprising side effects, go with Viviscal. Don't waste your time with this like I did.

on 6/21/2012 10:36:00 AM

I'm 58, was losing my hair (from a surgery a year regime) and had ugly acne around my chin...mostly due to being out of menopause and having no estrogen, mostly testostroten in my body...
I go on a cruise and buy a bottle of this, impressed because it's in glass, so I start taking it and notice my skin finally clears up, my nails are def stronger and my hair is growing in at the top of my head!
Feb, I run out of it, and decide to let it go, just to see what would happen... I start breaking out again...so I ordered it on buy.com for 32 = 5 shipping...and guess what, my skin has cleared up again...
I take many supplements and I know I'm healthy, but menopause, inherited thinning of hair runs in my family, just adding a hernia surgery per year was making it thinner.
Yes it's expensive, I only take one in the morning so the bottle has lasted me 4 mths vs just 2 due to that...BUT it works for me and I'm so happy about that, esp the acne...who knew that it would do that for me...I've taken Biotin for yrs but this kicks it's butt when it comes to the benefits that are so obvious...I've made it fit into my budget!

Pretty good. Helped my hair stop from falling out so much during a period of time when I was really stressed out. Smells good, and most of the ingredients are pretty good. The only thing I really don't like about it is that it contains hydrogenated oil, and because of that, there is a strong chance that I won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I used these for about four months. Yes, my hair grew. Not the hair on my head, mind you, just the hair on my face and body. I was plucking and shaving way more than usual. Even my eyelashes and nails grew--long and fabulous, but...NOT the hair on my head, which was really the only reason why I was taking them. Seems like a cruel trick. I know these have worked well for others, but not so much for me. The hair on my head probably did grow, but not in an obvious or noticeable way, so what's the point?