The Body Shop Eye Definer

The Body Shop Eye Definer
The Body Shop Eye DefinerThe Body Shop Metallic Eye DefinersAwful eye liner from the usually trustworthy TBSAwful eye liner from the usually trustworthy TBSAwful eye liner from the usually trustworthy TBS

2.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

The colour is such a pretty purple on the hand but it looks kind of like a brown or black on my lids. The texture seems alright, it can't be used to waterline or tight line however. Overall, it was a little disappointing and just an alright eyeliner. The price was a little bit much and the packing is annoying. I couldn't get some of the wrapper off because of the barcode tape.

Disappointing. It looked fine when I first applied it, but an hour later I had grey smudges all under my eyes. The next day, I made absolutely certain to apply my UD eye primer before the liner...but still ended up with smudges under my eyes. I will go back to Lise Watier waterproof pencils or MAC gel liner. Both have worked well in past and do not smudge.

on 8/31/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The one I have came out of the TBS 2014 Christmas advent calendar and for that I am eternally grateful. There is no way I would ever have paid £9.00 out of my own pocket. The version I have is called 'Smoky Black Eye Definer' and has a smudging sponge on one end. However, it's completely surplus to requirements because the actual eyeliner is awful. It's really difficult to apply, with or without primer, and once you do manage to get some on your eyelids it won't smudge at all. It's not at all creamy or soft, which to me is essential for an eye liner you're meant to use for smoky eye looks. I've not tried any of TBS's other eye liners, but based on this one I'm not tempted to. You can get much better offerings from drug store brands (Barry M, Rimmel, Boots' Natural Collection to name just three) which cost a lot less and actually work!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

mine includes a smudge brush, which i love.

i use this for my waterline under my Revlon Colorstay liquid liner... i love it!!!
it gets the job done

on 3/25/2013 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

My eye definer includes a smudge brush but I am disappointed with this. It smudges very easily at my bottom eyelashes and I do mean very easily and does not glide on well at all after my first few tries. But I tried the product again after awhile, with a sharpened point, it is easier to use and the product doesn't smudge. So I would say it is worth a try.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in shade 12, Shimmering Steel, and I don't know why I don't use it more often. The colour is exactly as the name promises, it's very pigmented and it doesn't rub off easily.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the white one and the idea was to use it in the waterline. Worst eyeliner ever. It hurts my eyes when I apply it.
Maybe it's the worst idea from me, but now I am using it to highlight under my eyebrows (usually I make white eye-shadow), and comes actually great with great blending - using my fingers.

I love The Body Shop products, but this is awful.

I hate this eyeliner! I used it once and got quite disappointed. I have never got a eyeliner smudged as fast as this one! It's incredible! I don't understand the positive reviews of it but I would ONLY recommend it when you want to do very smoky eyes like Taylor Momsen. ^.^

on 10/28/2012 7:34:00 PM

This is my everyday go-to eyeliner. I got this as a free gift with one of my Body Shop purchases, and I love it. I understand that for some people who want an intense look, this isn't the best. But for people such as myself, who are after a soft, natural look, this is AWESOME. I pop this into the corner of my eyes, and people don't even notice that I'm wearing anything, but they DO notice how big and defined my eyes look.
I'm glad I got this as a free gift, because I wouldn't have found it otherwise :)

on 1/22/2013 7:10:00 AM

This eyeliner is great.I have one in burnished amber. I use it everyday for work because its very subtle and perfect for office. Its simple and glides on smoothly.It makes me feel glamorous yet not too bold.