no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

A really nice, lightly scented brush cleanser. Leaves my brushes clean without drying the bristles out. Easy to use, a little amount goes a long way. Would definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (3101 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

5 years ago

Mild smelling wash to keep all of your brushes clean. This one tube will last forever. No build up noticed with continued use, either.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

A little bit goes a long way with this stuff. I like it for my weekly deep cleaning routine with all my brushes. I also use it daily for my concealer brush since the daily clean stuff I use doesn't get it as clean as I want.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

9 years ago

It's your standard brush shampoo that'll keep them clean and soft without stripping them. It suds up well enough to remove even the toughest of products (I'm looking at you MAC Pro Long Wear).

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

I like this product. I bought it several years ago to use on my BE brushes and now use it on all of them and most have held up well. I have found that the secret to this is to not use it the way it says. Applying it to the bristles as directed I wound up not being able to get to the root of the brush hair, tugging some hairs out of alignment, and in one unfortunate case seperating the brush hairs from the handle. What I do is I put a pea to nickel sized amount in half a cup (app.) in a cup of warm water and mix it. Then I swirl the brush in this mixture, buffing a bit along the bottom of the cup, and occasionally rinse under a faucet. This results in totally clean brushes that are less manhandled. Empty the cup and make a new mixture very so often depending on how soiled the brushes are. They give you a lot of product for your money using it this way and I didn't have any issue with leaks but I would have preferred a locking pump system rather than a squeeze bottle.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

Okay, so like everyone else in the make up world, I am too cheap to buy a brush cleanser from these high end brands and just buy baby shampoo to clean my brushes. The Johnsons baby shampoo used to be my staple and when I ran out, I just bought the CVS one thinking it would be the same. WRONG! CVS baby shampoo killed my brushes! They smelled bad, the hair started splaying even with my brush guard and the hair became rough and coarse. I found this on ebay a few days ago and won it for $4 with shipping. I was at the end of my rope! My precious MAC brushes (most of which I cant afford, given my situation) were destroyed! This shampoo totally revived them all! I mean, it says you only need a dime sized amount, but you dont even need half of that amount for the 187 brush! It still foams and removes all the gunk from the brush! My brushes are smooth and even the black hairs from my 187 are shiny! I dont really notice the smell so much (smells like laundry detergent?), but with what its' done, I'll be glad to fork out a few more $$! With baby shampoo, you need a LOT to get everything off, but with this, you dont need a lot. I think this will definitely last longer than baby shampoo!

About reviewer (141 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

9 years ago

This is a great product overall, I recommend it! A lot of people forget how important it is to clean the brushes out. They harbor bacteria, and pick up your face oils wich oxidize over time turning your foundation an orangy tone as long as they are dirty. Also, a dirty brush doesn't allow an even application on your face. The issues with un clean brushes are endless. I wash mine once every 2-3 weeks, and I really should more often!!! I've read a lot about people using baby shampoo and olive oil/tea tree oil to clean them. I haven't tried this, but I plan on doing so once my BE shampoo runs out. I would purchase the shampoo again, however if I can save $10 by buying the other stuf...I could live without it.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

from

9 years ago

This bottle lasted more than a year for me. Then again, I don't have a ton of brushes. While I feel this cleaner washed my brushes clean and left them soft, I did not like the consistency of it. It was like a gel substance. I had to put a dab on the bristles, wash thoroughly, then repeat. Since it wasn't more of a shampoo-like substance, I had to keep working it through the brush. I would not repurchase.

About reviewer (325 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

Great stuff, glad I came across this instead of using regular liquid soap. Seems much more effective and gentle, which is good, since makeup brushes can get expensive! While this is priced a little high IMO, a little goes a really long way, and the bottle should last quite a long time, even though I try to wash my brushes weekly. To use, I put a small dot of cleanser in my palm, wet the brush, and swipe/rub the bristles around in the cleanser. The cosmetics colors immediately seem to jump from the brush hairs into the cleanser! Then I give a good rinse under warm running water, and dry the brushes laying sideways over the edge of the sink (so the bristles don't sit in a small puddle of water, which I'm told can affect the glue holding the brush hairs in place). Also, if you're more of a "soaker" than a wash-and-go kind of person, I would not recommend soaking any brush in a cup with a few drops of cleanser mixed with warm water for more than a few minutes: again, it can affect the glue holding the brush hairs together.

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

10 years ago

I got a big bottle of this as a throw in on a swap, I have just gotten around to using. There is no scent at all which doesn't bother me either way. It creates a nice lather but really this is nothing special. I have always used shampoo and after this bottle is gone, I will once again be using shampoo. This gets the brushes clean but so does my method so I would not buy this again

About reviewer (344 reviews)

Age25-29