E.L.F. Elements 4-pan Compact

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I got this off of EyesLipFace.com and I was very disappointed in there quality in ELF' s product Lacked pigment and there were very chalk also dry. Pleas save Five bucks Get Wet n Wild stuff instead.

Good day Ladies,Stay Beautiful

on 4/24/2013 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this for $1 whoop, whoop! I used it to store my depotted NYX eyeshadows (their matte ones are round) and although they were slightly smaller than the spaces in this palette, a little Krazy glue kept them in place. All in all the process took about 20 minutes so I'll definitely be doing it again w/ my other eyeshadows. Z-Palettes are much more pricy and don't include a mirror.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ELF's Custom Compact is "designed for the girl on the go! This magnetic lock in system has four compartments created to offer the ability to switch out your favorite eye, lip, and face shades. The compact includes a mirror so you can always be sure that you look your best!" I'd been meaning to pick up this palette for quite a while, but I haven't ordered from ELF in like two years and hadn't found this palette in stores until recently. I picked up my ELF Custom Compact at Target for $1. ELF offers pans of eyeshadow and lipstick that you can pop into this palette. Each pan retails for $1 as well. ELF products are cruelty free and made in China. ELF items can be bought through the brand's website an at select Targets, Kmarts, Walmarts, Big Lots, and drug and dollar stores.
ELF's Custom Compact measures 3x3" and is quite thin. This compact is made of midweight, shiny, ivory plastic. There's a small tab that will pop this compact open. Opening ELF's Custom Compact reveals four slots for round, standard sized eyeshadows (think MAC shadows). The base of the compact is magnetic, but it isn't very strong. The tray can be easily popped out if you want to fit more than four shadows in it. ELF includes a decent quality, double ended sponge tip applicator. The inside of the lid offers a very nice mirror. The size of this compact makes it very convenient to just toss in your bag..but don't toss it too hard. This compact isn't super sturdy. I left one of my cheap ELF eyeshadows in it and dropped it onto a linoleum floor from a height of about 2 1/2 feet to test the sturdiness, and the results weren't great. The eyeshadow wasn't wrecked, but it did break a little around the edges. The compact or mirror didn't crack though, so it isn't as flimsy as it feels.
ELF's Custom Compact is a good deal, but you also get what you pay for. The compact is decently sized, so storage and travel are no problem at all. The magnet isn't super strong, but it'll hold most eyeshadows in place. I recommend ELF's Custom Compact if you have a few loose pans and don't want to spend upwards of $10 on a MAC or Z palette. I'll likely repurchase this compact if I acquire anymore pan eyeshadows.

on 11/26/2012 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I actually feel bad only spending $1 on thisits just soooo good. It saves me so much space. I depotted 4 MAC eye shadows into this because those packages are quite bulky for such a small amount so bottom line is that this compact works amazing and no fallout! Hassel free and foolproofme likey :-)

on 9/22/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

You can't beat this for $1. I ordered little round adhesive magnets on e-bay. I love that it holds Inglot round eyeshadows and the freedom lipsticks and MAC eyeshadow. I appreciate the large mirror too as MAC 4-pans are clear on top, but have no mirror. Sometimes the clasp is not right so check it out before you buy one.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

So, in the beginning I bought this so I could use it as a cheaper Z-Palette. I bought this thinking it would be magnetic because it claims to be magnetic on the packaging. IT'S NOT. It's just a compact with a mirror and a metal sheet under the plastic spaces for the elf eyeshadows. I took out the plastic spaces to put whatever shadows I wanted in it and the metal sheet just fell out. So I guess I would just have to glue the eyeshadow in there and make a permanent palette. The only reasons I didn't give it a one is because of the mirror and the fact that it was only $1.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really like how there is a variety of eyeshadow colors to chose from. You get to pick any theme; natural, pinks, blues, smokey, etc. It has 4 spots for- browbone, crease, lid, and liner. It's very small and cute and portable. It can probably fit into your back pocket. Very impressed with the eyeshadows too. They are very pigmented although, there is a lot of fallout but that's not a problem. Love this, you should definetly try it out.

on 6/27/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful, well-constructed and sturdy, cheap, giant mirror--what more could one ask for? Love this pan, and I have about 5 of them filled with a variety of things. The only thing is that the brush that it come with is utter crap, but since it's just a dollar, I'll happily overlook it. I wish the plastic insert is easier to remove (so that I can fit more in), but if you're careful, it comes out without damaging anything.

on 4/29/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I only have a few MAC e/s and this little palette is perfect for them. I just decorate mine with cute stickers and it looks great!

on 4/20/2012 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The fact that these palettes are $1.00 is insane! The quality of the packaging is amazing. Not to mention that it has a huge mirror and fits MAC shadows it just blew me away! These for me are a must have and made their way straight to my makeup bag!