E.L.F. Elements 4-pan Compact

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/3/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have several of these. A nice $1 alternative to a MAC quad. Has a compact mirror inside! I don't find them to be any more flimsy than the MAC quads or any less magnetic, but you get the bonus of a mirror. I am very satisfied with the quality and overall style of the compact, especially for the price!

I can't speak for the e.l.f. eyeshadows, as I just buy the empty compacts at Target and fill them will depotted MAC eyeshadows.

on 11/29/2012 8:42:00 PM

I absolutely love this E.L.F pallet. I can easily wear these colors during the day to work and dramatically play with the colors for a perfect night time look. It is subtle, sexy, and chic looking. Overall, I would rate this E.L.F. product 9/10. My only complaint is that I wish that it lasted longer on my face. After a few hours I find myself having to re-apply.

on 4/27/2012 6:26:00 PM

This is my new HG palette for depotting. You can pull out the plastic part and glue a magnetic sheet to the bottom. Voila, instant freestyle magnetic palette!

They have a deceptively large capacity; I depotted my Stila In the Light palette and UD's BOS4 (total of 26 full sized shadows) into three ELF compacts.

on 4/19/2012 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm in the UK and this cost 1.50 from the website. That is the fraction of the cost of a MAC palette. It is so worth it when you think that you can keep MAC pro-palette eyeshadows in it. Also, I bought a MAC 4-pan palette once and the lid broke straight away. The E.L.F. one seems much more sturdy and unbreakable than the MAC.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

These are great!!! At least two thirds of them are. Quality control issue YES! Great value YES! Oversized mirror YES! I bought twelve of these and three latch tightly, six latch loosely and three don't latch shut at all. Even though some don't latch they still stay shut pretty well. I was hoping to fit my LA FEMME blushes and eyeshadows in them but they are way too big so I popped the dividers out and used double stick tape. First tape or glue down the metal mirror thingy on the bottom of the compact then tape the pans in. I could only fit two pans of makeup into one compact but thats okay :) I am still happy with them overall.

on 9/8/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These are phenomenal if you depot your MAC shadows. The quality is so much better than what you'd expect for $1. I've had the same compact last me over 4+ years. I would buy this over the expensive MAC 4-palette because ELF includes a good mirror. I toss the applicator that is included, though. That is pure junk.

I really like these They hold 4 shadow's, A brush and a huge mirror. I dont think i will reperchuse tho

on 8/16/2011 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

These little things are a great find. As everyone has said, they make perfect MAC quads, but with differently shaped singles I have, I just pop out the insert and stick the magnetic card down with a drop of glue at each corner.

The mirror is handy, but the best thing about these quads (besides the price) is that they're white, so you can write on the cover with a Sharpie to identify what's inside.

I love this compact. Has a nice weight, a huge mirror, and space for 4 magnetic eyeshadows (MAC actually fits in this palette) And it's only a dollar! Will definitly re-buy should this one break.

on 4/25/2011 12:51:00 PM

I love this compact! It is so cute and very sturdy. I also love the eyeshadows that come in it. They are very smooth and velvety and pigminted. Although they can be a bit chalkey. They last all day with a good primer and have good color combinations. I definately recommend!!