E.L.F. Elements 4-pan Compact

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/5/2013 10:40:00 AM

These $1 pallets are great. I use them to rescue broken lipsticks. I just melt the lipsticks in a spoon & pour it into the pan. They're so inexpensive & you can use them for a multitude of tasks.

I love these for depotting single eyeshadow in. I love that they also fit MAC shadows in them, so you don't need a MAC quad (which doesn't have the big mirror in it). These are great for travel and storage purposes, I don't find the packaging breaks at all. For the price, they are so useful and such good quality.

on 7/3/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have several of these. A nice $1 alternative to a MAC quad. Has a compact mirror inside! I don't find them to be any more flimsy than the MAC quads or any less magnetic, but you get the bonus of a mirror. I am very satisfied with the quality and overall style of the compact, especially for the price!

I can't speak for the e.l.f. eyeshadows, as I just buy the empty compacts at Target and fill them will depotted MAC eyeshadows.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ELF's Custom Compact is "designed for the girl on the go! This magnetic lock in system has four compartments created to offer the ability to switch out your favorite eye, lip, and face shades. The compact includes a mirror so you can always be sure that you look your best!" I'd been meaning to pick up this palette for quite a while, but I haven't ordered from ELF in like two years and hadn't found this palette in stores until recently. I picked up my ELF Custom Compact at Target for $1. ELF offers pans of eyeshadow and lipstick that you can pop into this palette. Each pan retails for $1 as well. ELF products are cruelty free and made in China. ELF items can be bought through the brand's website an at select Targets, Kmarts, Walmarts, Big Lots, and drug and dollar stores.
ELF's Custom Compact measures 3x3" and is quite thin. This compact is made of midweight, shiny, ivory plastic. There's a small tab that will pop this compact open. Opening ELF's Custom Compact reveals four slots for round, standard sized eyeshadows (think MAC shadows). The base of the compact is magnetic, but it isn't very strong. The tray can be easily popped out if you want to fit more than four shadows in it. ELF includes a decent quality, double ended sponge tip applicator. The inside of the lid offers a very nice mirror. The size of this compact makes it very convenient to just toss in your bag..but don't toss it too hard. This compact isn't super sturdy. I left one of my cheap ELF eyeshadows in it and dropped it onto a linoleum floor from a height of about 2 1/2 feet to test the sturdiness, and the results weren't great. The eyeshadow wasn't wrecked, but it did break a little around the edges. The compact or mirror didn't crack though, so it isn't as flimsy as it feels.
ELF's Custom Compact is a good deal, but you also get what you pay for. The compact is decently sized, so storage and travel are no problem at all. The magnet isn't super strong, but it'll hold most eyeshadows in place. I recommend ELF's Custom Compact if you have a few loose pans and don't want to spend upwards of $10 on a MAC or Z palette. I'll likely repurchase this compact if I acquire anymore pan eyeshadows.

on 7/9/2012 9:24:00 PM

Awesome little compact. I am going on vacation and want to take along some of my MAC shadows. This is great to use. I just pop the pans out of my MAC palette and into this to throw in my makeup bag for my trip. I can have the shadows I need without having to take along my 15 shadow collection. Sometimes I'll coordinate 4 shadows for a look I want to make and use this to organize them together in my makeup drawer. Perfect!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is so much cheaper than the MAC compacts and works just as well. Most standard sized eyeshadows (the same size as the MAC singles) fit, and if not, the plastic divider pops out really easily. I've had these in my makeup bag, and they stay shut securely. I don't know why anyone would buy a MAC compact if they could get one of these instead.

on 4/19/2012 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm in the UK and this cost 1.50 from the website. That is the fraction of the cost of a MAC palette. It is so worth it when you think that you can keep MAC pro-palette eyeshadows in it. Also, I bought a MAC 4-pan palette once and the lid broke straight away. The E.L.F. one seems much more sturdy and unbreakable than the MAC.

I love this compact and apparently others do too! I'm so happy I'm not the only one who pulled up the plastic that kept the circle shadows in place. It's a pain in the butt that all brands don't make their shadows the same shape. Whatever it still works! I bought mine for $1 at Target. It's now holding some Maybelline shadows. I went back to Target to get more and they're always sold out! Hah! If you can get your hands on this it's so much cheaper than similar products out there and yet fits so nicely in a purse for touch ups.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am SO happy I purchased one of these empty palettes! My MAC pans fit perfectly in this, so I can save money both by purchasing the refill shadows and not having to buy an expensive MAC palette. This is ONE DOLLAR, so it's in everyone's price range. I'm also very impressed by how sleek the packaging is... It's a sturdy plastic in an ivory shade with a mirror on the inside. I can't wait to get more of these.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

These compacts are absolutely great for those who have purchased the Elf Element singles as well as single Mac shadows, Hot Pots from coastalscents or any 28mm pan eyeshadow or pigment or blush etc.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- These custom palettes can be found under the Element section on the ELF website. I have also seen them at Target & Sears Grand stores. It will depend on your area & where Elf products are sold locally. The price is uninamously $1! Yes $1!! compared to say Mac where you would pay 10x as much at least and also way more from any other place. SOOOO it may not say Mac which is what you pay for i guess but Its definitely a STEAL!
PACKAGING- these are a custom palette meaning it comes empty. This is an ivory opalscent snap shut compact. There is a silverish metallic ELF ELEMENT logo on front middle which is nearly invisible in some lighting. its def simple & chic. nothing garrish or crazy. Very pretty. then on back its plain. Then inside- there is a full sized mirror on opening lid which is GREAT! then the bottom compact itself is where you will be able to place your pans. There is four equal circular shapes and what i love most is that with each circle there is a slight divet or dip that allows easy access or placing or taking out each pan. So no worries about it being stuck & having to pry it out with a safety pin. These holes will hold Mac single shadows. 28mm pans. BUT the big catch is this is NOT MAGNETIC!! so you will have to either go without or i have added magnet to each shadow as well as in the pan/circle. You could possibly take the actual pan where the holes are placed. Im sure with a butter knife that insert would come out, just be careful. i havent tried that yet but if you would, im sure if would hold then 9 shadows inside of 4 but then it may not look so neat & pretty. These holes will keep your shadows/pigments/blushes/glosses/lipsticks all safely secure. this compact is sturdy hard plastic! i have brought these on vacation & traveled and they have not cracked or broken or chipped at all!
for real- these are amazing- they are affordable i mean who cant afford $1!!! these are great for those who want somewhere to place your pressed pans that looks pretty and i own 3 and plan to press pigments soon so i may be picking up some depending on how pressing goes :)