E.L.F. Elements 4-pan Compact

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/18/2010 8:33:00 AM

He'll yeah I 'd buy these over and over only $1 @ Target fits my Mac shadows n keeps em sturdy

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought a few of these handy little compacts to house my NYX Round Lipsticks collection that I have melted down into 26mm pans (I bought the pans from Coastal Scents) and I just love the results. I have the choice of 4 lipsticks in a cute petite compact which travels so well, is interchangeable, includes an OK lip brush (I use a retractable lip brush but this brush works in a pinch) and has a big mirror. Why it took me so long to buy this compact I dont know, but I am sure that I will buy several more in the near future. The best thing about this compact is that it is a great deal for $1 and although it is early in Year 2010, I am sure this will probably be one of the best makeup-related purchases that I make this year. Highly recommended.

What a bargain! The price makes it easy and unintimidating to experiment with color. The loose closure described by some reviewers is not a deal breaker for me. I just use a rubber band to keep the compact shut.

on 8/26/2007 11:35:00 PM

I wish the packaging didn't look so cheap on the inside! I love how there is a mirror!! These are really great for inside my purse and I love how they pan's are the same size as the MAC ones!

on 7/12/2007 9:20:00 PM

These are sturdy, square, opaque, solid white plastic compacts with a mirror inside the lid and a metal sheet below a plastic divider with four holes for round pans such as E.L.F. elements (e/s, blush and lip colors), MAC, Milani, Smashbox, Urban Decay, Studio Gear, Jane, Wet & Wild, Sinful Colors, Wild & Crazy, etc.; and the newer ones also include a slot for the double-ended e/s-lip color brush applicator. The lid has "e.l.f. elements" on it in recessed, silver lettering, and the bottom has similar labeling of "eyeslipsface.com" plus a barcode sticker. They measure 3 inches square and are just slightly less than 1/2 inch thick. I have several of the older version. You can actually put almost any e/s pan in these if you remove the divider (and it is removable) then glue magnetic sheeting (such as a magnetic business card or bumper sticker, cut up) to the loose metal sheet inside the compact {or leave the metal sheet bare and glue the magnetic sheeting to the bottom of each e/s pan that is not already magnetized (tip: cut the magnetic sheeting as large as the bottom of each e/s pan for better adherence, less slippage and better balance/stability)}, then glue down the metal sheet to the bottom of the compact. Using this compact without the divider also leaves room for more or larger applicators, when you arrange the pans to either side in order to do so. Like all of the other reviewers, I wish the lid had a transparent window in order to conveniently see the colors inside, but having such a window might compromise the integrity and raise the cost too much. I get around the lack of a window by using a fine-tipped permanent marker to label each with my own code to what's inside (like C for cool colors, N for neutrals, W for warms, M for matte and S for shimmers, and so on; or you could even use colored permanent markers for your own color-coding) written on both the lid and the opening edge for easy identification. Putting the labeling on the opening edge makes it easier for these compacts to be placed on-edge (like little e/s files) in my train case, conserving space. It's worth the effort to depot e/s pans and put them in these well-made compacts. They have saved me a ton of room and organize and protect my eye shadows wonderfully. Just love 'em and you cannot beat the price of only $1.00 each!!! They used to be available at my local Meijer, but I have not seen them there in over a year. Their website indicates that they are typically carried in the larger Target and Big K-mart stores. If you don't find them near you, they may be ordered directly off the website eyeslipsface.com, with only a flat $5.00 shipping charge. They periodically have discount codes, too. They do have a problem with not shipping everything that was ordered, when out-of-stock, and with shipping things in merely a standard weight bubble envelope, however.

UPDATE 2009: I have noticed a minor, easy-to-fix problem with some, but not all, of these palettes. Part of the ear-grabbing, pop-open/closed "mechanism" on the bottom of the compact (not the mirrored side) can come loose and swing out/away a bit (sometimes causing the eared/mirrored side to close incompletely). I've found that just the tiniest dab of super glue (I use the brushed kind) or nail glue will take care of this.

I have tried four of the E.L.F. element pans of e/s (see my other reviews on the e/s) but not the blush or lip color products that were meant to fit into these compacts, so I cannot comment on the blush or lip color pans. I was not wholly impressed with the e/s but I really love these compacts!!! One of the best buys in the cosmetics world, in my opinion!!!

on 7/12/2007 4:01:00 PM

I will add my "two thumbs up!" to all of the other positive reviews here. What more is there to say - it's a sturdy compact with a mirror and a two-sided brush, for only $1. I found mine at Kmart. Quite a deal!

on 7/6/2007 10:03:00 PM

What impressed me the most about the compact was the mirror.
It also seems quite sturdy despite the cheap cost to buy it! Though I wasn't completely satisfied by the E/S from ELF, I would definately buy a few more compacts to store my other products in.

Really sturdy design. One thing they dont show on the pictures is that theres a little slot in the middle of the compact where they provide you with a double sided applicator. one side has a sponge e/s applicator, the other side has a lip brush. the design is near identical to mac palettes save for teh fact that the top is opaque and not see through.

These palettes are definitely better than Covergirl's and MAC's since they have lovely mirrors in them. The price is pretty amazing too. However, one of my palettes can't close anymore, but it still works for me.