E.L.F. Elements 4-pan Compact

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I got this off of EyesLipFace.com and I was very disappointed in there quality in ELF' s product Lacked pigment and there were very chalk also dry. Pleas save Five bucks Get Wet n Wild stuff instead.

Good day Ladies,Stay Beautiful

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

So, in the beginning I bought this so I could use it as a cheaper Z-Palette. I bought this thinking it would be magnetic because it claims to be magnetic on the packaging. IT'S NOT. It's just a compact with a mirror and a metal sheet under the plastic spaces for the elf eyeshadows. I took out the plastic spaces to put whatever shadows I wanted in it and the metal sheet just fell out. So I guess I would just have to glue the eyeshadow in there and make a permanent palette. The only reasons I didn't give it a one is because of the mirror and the fact that it was only $1.

on 9/24/2007 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I heard the hype and raves about this product and it was dirt cheap. It's a plain white 4-pan palette (as a general personal preference I prefer darker colors for my palettes so that was a bit of a turn off). I disliked the colors I saw for this palette but I thought that my MAC or Milani e/s would fit. Nope, I was wrong and the 3 palettes remain sitting empty. The only thing I can think of to use them for is to melt down some lipsticks but then again, on a white palette, what's the point?

on 4/11/2013 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The compact itself is great, but the eyeshadow refills...ugh...they were not what they looked like online whatsoever. There were only 4 colors out of the entire line that I would use, I bought them and they were not useable to me. I gave mine away. Will not buy again.

on 9/11/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This compact is cute and convenient. Unfortunately, the separate eyeshadows do not have enough pigment to make me feel satisfied.

I really like these They hold 4 shadow's, A brush and a huge mirror. I dont think i will reperchuse tho

on 2/21/2010 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

These little palettes are nice and sturdy. MAC eyeshadows fit perfectly in them. The little brush it comes with is fairly useless though.

Although it is quite sturdy and the mirror is useful, I probably won't buy another one. I prefer the clear lid on the MAC palette as I have a few of them and I like to be able to see which colours are in the palette at a glance.

I decided to try out elf eyeshadows so I built my own compact. The colors I chose were sage, golden glow, ivory, and dust. Considering that the colors and compact each were $1, totaling $5 (4 colors+compact) it was acceptable but the colors did not show up as strong as I wanted it to on my eyelids. You get what you pay for.

on 7/3/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have several of these. A nice $1 alternative to a MAC quad. Has a compact mirror inside! I don't find them to be any more flimsy than the MAC quads or any less magnetic, but you get the bonus of a mirror. I am very satisfied with the quality and overall style of the compact, especially for the price!

I can't speak for the e.l.f. eyeshadows, as I just buy the empty compacts at Target and fill them will depotted MAC eyeshadows.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ELF's Custom Compact is "designed for the girl on the go! This magnetic lock in system has four compartments created to offer the ability to switch out your favorite eye, lip, and face shades. The compact includes a mirror so you can always be sure that you look your best!" I'd been meaning to pick up this palette for quite a while, but I haven't ordered from ELF in like two years and hadn't found this palette in stores until recently. I picked up my ELF Custom Compact at Target for $1. ELF offers pans of eyeshadow and lipstick that you can pop into this palette. Each pan retails for $1 as well. ELF products are cruelty free and made in China. ELF items can be bought through the brand's website an at select Targets, Kmarts, Walmarts, Big Lots, and drug and dollar stores.
ELF's Custom Compact measures 3x3" and is quite thin. This compact is made of midweight, shiny, ivory plastic. There's a small tab that will pop this compact open. Opening ELF's Custom Compact reveals four slots for round, standard sized eyeshadows (think MAC shadows). The base of the compact is magnetic, but it isn't very strong. The tray can be easily popped out if you want to fit more than four shadows in it. ELF includes a decent quality, double ended sponge tip applicator. The inside of the lid offers a very nice mirror. The size of this compact makes it very convenient to just toss in your bag..but don't toss it too hard. This compact isn't super sturdy. I left one of my cheap ELF eyeshadows in it and dropped it onto a linoleum floor from a height of about 2 1/2 feet to test the sturdiness, and the results weren't great. The eyeshadow wasn't wrecked, but it did break a little around the edges. The compact or mirror didn't crack though, so it isn't as flimsy as it feels.
ELF's Custom Compact is a good deal, but you also get what you pay for. The compact is decently sized, so storage and travel are no problem at all. The magnet isn't super strong, but it'll hold most eyeshadows in place. I recommend ELF's Custom Compact if you have a few loose pans and don't want to spend upwards of $10 on a MAC or Z palette. I'll likely repurchase this compact if I acquire anymore pan eyeshadows.