e.l.f. Cosmetics Elements 4-pan Compact

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/27/2012 6:26:00 PM

This is my new HG palette for depotting. You can pull out the plastic part and glue a magnetic sheet to the bottom. Voila, instant freestyle magnetic palette!

They have a deceptively large capacity; I depotted my Stila In the Light palette and UD's BOS4 (total of 26 full sized shadows) into three ELF compacts.

on 7/3/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have several of these. A nice $1 alternative to a MAC quad. Has a compact mirror inside! I don't find them to be any more flimsy than the MAC quads or any less magnetic, but you get the bonus of a mirror. I am very satisfied with the quality and overall style of the compact, especially for the price!

I can't speak for the e.l.f. eyeshadows, as I just buy the empty compacts at Target and fill them will depotted MAC eyeshadows.

on 4/19/2012 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm in the UK and this cost 1.50 from the website. That is the fraction of the cost of a MAC palette. It is so worth it when you think that you can keep MAC pro-palette eyeshadows in it. Also, I bought a MAC 4-pan palette once and the lid broke straight away. The E.L.F. one seems much more sturdy and unbreakable than the MAC.

on 4/4/2009 1:32:00 PM

In my last order with E.L.F. I ordered 20 of these. I have tons of loose Lancome e/s testers and they fit perfectly in this compact. Now I don't have to worry about the colors mixing or the shadow breaking apart when they were sliding around loose in the plastic storage bins I originally had them in. The only reason I gave the packaging quality a 4 is because they don't fit my Stila or Fresh e/s singles. The e/s stay secure, the latch stays securely shut and I've dropped them several times (I'm clumsy) and found no damage. For one American dollar a piece, this is the bargain of the decade to me.

on 9/30/2010 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This compact rocks. Its super sturdy and fits other companys stuff in it. I am just going to decorate mine to make it fun and cute.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

It's a dollar and it works! I got one of these with a magazine subscription with some lip gloss that I knew I would never use in it but after I looked online and saw that it would fit mac and urban depoted shadows I would pop them out and see if I like it. They fit perfectly. The compact itself is a little flimsy but it doesn't seem like it is providing the shadows any less protection than the mac pallets or anything similar. While I will probably stick with mac for my larger pallets for consistency I will buy a few more of these for keeping just a few colors at a time in. Also, since e.l.f. usually has a few coupons floating around on the internet you can sometimes get these for as low as 50 cents.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have 3 of these and I love them. They fit nicely in my makeup bag and I was able to depot some Wet N WIld shadows and some Jane shadows to fit into them reducing some bulk in my makeup bag....I have a third that I am holding onto because you never know when you might need one....and for a dollar how can you go wrong?

on 8/4/2009 1:15:00 AM

I just depotted some Urban Decay shadows into this so they would take up less space. It's perfect for that purpose, especially for only $1. Great quality, nice and sturdy, slim and sleek. The mirror is a plus. The brush sucks, but that's no big deal, just toss it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing quality. I absolutely suggest this to anyone on the fence about getting it. I got eyeshadows to go in it from E.L.F, but the quality on the eyeshadows wasn't great. Now I use them to hold some de-potted MAC pans. It's sturdy, has a large mirror and an easy to open latch. I couldn't imagine wanting more in a quad.

on 5/20/2009 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this! I think if you like making your own palettes and mac. I think it's good if your cheap ; )