E.L.F. Elements 4-pan Compact

E.L.F. Elements 4-pan Compact

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/9/2012 9:24:00 PM

Awesome little compact. I am going on vacation and want to take along some of my MAC shadows. This is great to use. I just pop the pans out of my MAC palette and into this to throw in my makeup bag for my trip. I can have the shadows I need without having to take along my 15 shadow collection. Sometimes I'll coordinate 4 shadows for a look I want to make and use this to organize them together in my makeup drawer. Perfect!

on 8/19/2011 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a great inexpensive and sturdy palette. I super glued the metal plate and removed the divider. I use it to hold a few La Femme blushes and/or eye shadows.

on 10/25/2009 1:31:00 AM

Great compact for a buck. I bought two compacts and eight shadows for $10. I cannot believe that I use to spend $18 for department store eyeshadow. This website has provided me with so much information and I have so many eyeshadow options now!

on 1/26/2009 7:43:00 PM

LOVE these things! The mirror is perfect, the pans stay in there but can be moved around easily, and the whole thing feels quite sturdy and solid.

And the PRICE! Get you some of these, honestly!

on 7/12/2007 9:20:00 PM

These are sturdy, square, opaque, solid white plastic compacts with a mirror inside the lid and a metal sheet below a plastic divider with four holes for round pans such as E.L.F. elements (e/s, blush and lip colors), MAC, Milani, Smashbox, Urban Decay, Studio Gear, Jane, Wet & Wild, Sinful Colors, Wild & Crazy, etc.; and the newer ones also include a slot for the double-ended e/s-lip color brush applicator. The lid has "e.l.f. elements" on it in recessed, silver lettering, and the bottom has similar labeling of "eyeslipsface.com" plus a barcode sticker. They measure 3 inches square and are just slightly less than 1/2 inch thick. I have several of the older version. You can actually put almost any e/s pan in these if you remove the divider (and it is removable) then glue magnetic sheeting (such as a magnetic business card or bumper sticker, cut up) to the loose metal sheet inside the compact {or leave the metal sheet bare and glue the magnetic sheeting to the bottom of each e/s pan that is not already magnetized (tip: cut the magnetic sheeting as large as the bottom of each e/s pan for better adherence, less slippage and better balance/stability)}, then glue down the metal sheet to the bottom of the compact. Using this compact without the divider also leaves room for more or larger applicators, when you arrange the pans to either side in order to do so. Like all of the other reviewers, I wish the lid had a transparent window in order to conveniently see the colors inside, but having such a window might compromise the integrity and raise the cost too much. I get around the lack of a window by using a fine-tipped permanent marker to label each with my own code to what's inside (like C for cool colors, N for neutrals, W for warms, M for matte and S for shimmers, and so on; or you could even use colored permanent markers for your own color-coding) written on both the lid and the opening edge for easy identification. Putting the labeling on the opening edge makes it easier for these compacts to be placed on-edge (like little e/s files) in my train case, conserving space. It's worth the effort to depot e/s pans and put them in these well-made compacts. They have saved me a ton of room and organize and protect my eye shadows wonderfully. Just love 'em and you cannot beat the price of only $1.00 each!!! They used to be available at my local Meijer, but I have not seen them there in over a year. Their website indicates that they are typically carried in the larger Target and Big K-mart stores. If you don't find them near you, they may be ordered directly off the website eyeslipsface.com, with only a flat $5.00 shipping charge. They periodically have discount codes, too. They do have a problem with not shipping everything that was ordered, when out-of-stock, and with shipping things in merely a standard weight bubble envelope, however.

UPDATE 2009: I have noticed a minor, easy-to-fix problem with some, but not all, of these palettes. Part of the ear-grabbing, pop-open/closed "mechanism" on the bottom of the compact (not the mirrored side) can come loose and swing out/away a bit (sometimes causing the eared/mirrored side to close incompletely). I've found that just the tiniest dab of super glue (I use the brushed kind) or nail glue will take care of this.

I have tried four of the E.L.F. element pans of e/s (see my other reviews on the e/s) but not the blush or lip color products that were meant to fit into these compacts, so I cannot comment on the blush or lip color pans. I was not wholly impressed with the e/s but I really love these compacts!!! One of the best buys in the cosmetics world, in my opinion!!!

on 7/6/2007 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I like a lot of e.l.f. products, but this compact is the best. I filled mine w/two e.l.f. eyshadows and two lipglosses (I like the lipgloss better than the eyeshadow.) I would definitely order a couple more compacts to use with other things I already have - love that the mirror is actually big enough to really use.

on 6/12/2007 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This review is for the empty 4 pan palette. These are very nice, sturdy and extremely inexpensive. I like these better than the Cover Girl & MAC 4 pan palettes and they are several dollars less expensive. MAC, Milani, WnWm and Wild & Crazy e/s will all fit in this palette too. I will definitely be purchasing more of these inexpensive and well made palettes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I trusted you all & ordered 10 of these when e.l.f. had the 15% off sale. I still wasn't expecting anything as nice as these. Very substantial feel to this compact for $1! I do prefer my Mac, because I like to see what is in the compact w/o labeling it or opening it (I'm always in a hurry), but these are an incredible buy!

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Run, don't walk, to ELF and buy a ton of 4-pan palettes!!! LOVELY! Solid white w/ a mirror inside, magnetized for ELF, MAC, Milani, Smashbox, UD, Studio Gear, Wet & Wild, Sinful Colors, Wild & Crazy etc. pans!!! I am SO impressed, you guys!!! I got 5 Compacts and 2 eyeshadows...I want more! A buck a piece!!! All swappers should buy these as EXTRAS!!! Fabulous cheap thrills, YAHOO!!!!! http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elfshop/elementscustomize.asp