E.L.F. Elements 4-pan Compact

E.L.F. Elements 4-pan Compact

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

I love these for depotting single eyeshadow in. I love that they also fit MAC shadows in them, so you don't need a MAC quad (which doesn't have the big mirror in it). These are great for travel and storage purposes, I don't find the packaging breaks at all. For the price, they are so useful and such good quality.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ELF's Custom Compact is "designed for the girl on the go! This magnetic lock in system has four compartments created to offer the ability to switch out your favorite eye, lip, and face shades. The compact includes a mirror so you can always be sure that you look your best!" I'd been meaning to pick up this palette for quite a while, but I haven't ordered from ELF in like two years and hadn't found this palette in stores until recently. I picked up my ELF Custom Compact at Target for $1. ELF offers pans of eyeshadow and lipstick that you can pop into this palette. Each pan retails for $1 as well. ELF products are cruelty free and made in China. ELF items can be bought through the brand's website an at select Targets, Kmarts, Walmarts, Big Lots, and drug and dollar stores.
ELF's Custom Compact measures 3x3" and is quite thin. This compact is made of midweight, shiny, ivory plastic. There's a small tab that will pop this compact open. Opening ELF's Custom Compact reveals four slots for round, standard sized eyeshadows (think MAC shadows). The base of the compact is magnetic, but it isn't very strong. The tray can be easily popped out if you want to fit more than four shadows in it. ELF includes a decent quality, double ended sponge tip applicator. The inside of the lid offers a very nice mirror. The size of this compact makes it very convenient to just toss in your bag..but don't toss it too hard. This compact isn't super sturdy. I left one of my cheap ELF eyeshadows in it and dropped it onto a linoleum floor from a height of about 2 1/2 feet to test the sturdiness, and the results weren't great. The eyeshadow wasn't wrecked, but it did break a little around the edges. The compact or mirror didn't crack though, so it isn't as flimsy as it feels.
ELF's Custom Compact is a good deal, but you also get what you pay for. The compact is decently sized, so storage and travel are no problem at all. The magnet isn't super strong, but it'll hold most eyeshadows in place. I recommend ELF's Custom Compact if you have a few loose pans and don't want to spend upwards of $10 on a MAC or Z palette. I'll likely repurchase this compact if I acquire anymore pan eyeshadows.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really like how there is a variety of eyeshadow colors to chose from. You get to pick any theme; natural, pinks, blues, smokey, etc. It has 4 spots for- browbone, crease, lid, and liner. It's very small and cute and portable. It can probably fit into your back pocket. Very impressed with the eyeshadows too. They are very pigmented although, there is a lot of fallout but that's not a problem. Love this, you should definetly try it out.

on 6/27/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful, well-constructed and sturdy, cheap, giant mirror--what more could one ask for? Love this pan, and I have about 5 of them filled with a variety of things. The only thing is that the brush that it come with is utter crap, but since it's just a dollar, I'll happily overlook it. I wish the plastic insert is easier to remove (so that I can fit more in), but if you're careful, it comes out without damaging anything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is so much cheaper than the MAC compacts and works just as well. Most standard sized eyeshadows (the same size as the MAC singles) fit, and if not, the plastic divider pops out really easily. I've had these in my makeup bag, and they stay shut securely. I don't know why anyone would buy a MAC compact if they could get one of these instead.

on 2/28/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great compact and its only $1, it has comes with a large mirror as well, its great for elf single shadows and for mac.

on 1/19/2012 5:37:00 PM

I love this little compact! Perfect to put my MAC eyeshadows in!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am SO happy I purchased one of these empty palettes! My MAC pans fit perfectly in this, so I can save money both by purchasing the refill shadows and not having to buy an expensive MAC palette. This is ONE DOLLAR, so it's in everyone's price range. I'm also very impressed by how sleek the packaging is... It's a sturdy plastic in an ivory shade with a mirror on the inside. I can't wait to get more of these.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

they fit mac.theyre a dollar. and are magnetic. how can this fail? it doesnt. i prefer this over 49 dollars

on 9/3/2011 10:16:00 PM

These are great! I bought 4 because I was pressing my pigments and needed something to put them in. MAC palettes are a bit too expensive, and I thought these were perfect. If you don't like the E.L.F. logo, you can cover it with a sticker, or even spray paint them entirely if you wanted. It holds 4 pans (26mm) and has a small brush inside. You can't go wrong with this palette because it's only $1! E.L.F. even sells eyeshadow and blush in single pan form so you can buy those and fill up these palettes.