no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

Gorgeous plummy burgandy with subtle shimmer! Only took 2 coats to get a flawless application. Perfect winter mani/pedi color! Grab a bottle if you can find it!

About reviewer (278 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesGreen

12 years ago

This is a great color for my cool/neutral skintone. In the bottle it looks to be a shimmery brown-tinged burgundy, but on the nail, its more of a deep plummy burgundy with loads of eye-poppinig shimmer. This is one of those shades that makes you look (or stare) at your nails all the time. The applicaton was very smooth and I got great coverage in two coats. Simply put, this is a 'must have' for me.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

13 years ago

ChG Metropolitan is a winner in my book. It's shimmery...without going overboard and more office friendly IMO than Vampy. The color is a cross between plum, red & brown but the the shimmer and microglitter keep it from crossing over to the boring category. Unlike karrieleigh, I actually prefer Metro over Vampy. We are complete opposites because I find the glitter in Vampy to be larger and more garrish that Metro. Go figure. LOL! It probably has something to do with skintone. ;O) Overall, I'm iffy about China Glaze. Metropolitan is the first one I've found in the line that I actaully wore more than a day. I'm not particularly fond of the texture but that's my personal opinion. Two coats of Metro and it was opaque. I had no issues with chipping on this one but changed after a couple of days because of boredom. For reference, I'm a warm toned GGG (MAC C7).<p> <a href="http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/ohthat_girl/China%20Glaze/ChGMetro.jpg">Click for Pic</a><br>

About reviewer (169 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlack

13 years ago

Metro is one of my faves from ChG. It's a great plummy, red-brown vamp with tons of shimmer and microglitter. It's from the discontinued Platinum line, so grab it now. It's very similar IMO to Vampy, but is less purple and more red-brown and the shimmer/glitter is a little larger, but depending on your collection you could either have both, or one would do you. I personally prefer Vampy if I had to choose, but that's because I prefer the more prominent purple tones of Vampy rather than the brown of Metro on my skintone.

About reviewer (334 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

14 years ago

What can I say other than I love China Glaze polish & have been rarely let down on this brand. This color appears to be a browned plum vampy shimmer in the bottle. Well, it's a different story when it's applied. I can't see those brown tones, but it is a deep plummy super shimmer. It's not frosty at all. The only chip I noticed within 4 days of wear was on a nail I had some problems with anyway. I applied 2 coats of this & could have probably gotten away with one, except I normally apply 2 coats. No bubbles, no streaks. I will definitely buy again if I ever use it up or lost it, etc.

About reviewer (268 reviews)

Age