no images

Reviews

3.0
from

12 years ago

Really keeps your mouth very fresh without harmful ingredients BUT....I just can't get past the visual of a little pink baby bottom with this stuff coming out of it. It got progressively harder for me to want to put this product in my mouth until one day the baby poop thing overwhelmed me and I just threw the tube and my brush away. Pity the product isn't a non-stool color.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlond

12 years ago

It looks like you are brushing your teeth with baby poo, and tastes even worse. After I got rinsed out the yucky taste from my mouth, my mouth did seem fresh and clean, but I wouldn't go through that torture again.

About reviewer (659 reviews)

SkinOily, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

12 years ago

I didn't think it was possible to love a toothpaste this much. I really really love this toothpaste. It gets my teeth cleaner and whiter than anything I have ever tried. It freshens my breath for hours; I love the taste. It also doubles as a handy facial mask. I feel like it just pulls everything off my teeth, all the plaque, and makes me want to smile brightly. I'd give this six stars if I could.

About reviewer (226 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0

12 years ago

Thank Heaven they changed from a metal tube to plastic. I removed a lippie because it is overpriced and I removed another because the tube is filled 1/3 of the way with air. If they're going to charge 20 bucks for toothpaste, they should have the decency to fill the darn tube up. My teeth have gotten noticeably yellow since I've begun using this over 9 mo. ago. I dont know if the toothpaste is to blame or if it's because my tea and coffee drinking is catching up with me. HOWEVER, I love that this does not contain Fluoride. Flouride is VERRRY bad for you. Check it out on the internet, it's truly scary. And it is sooo hard to find a toothpaste that doesn't have fluoride in it. It also has a nice numbing effect, so if any part of your mouth is sore, like from flossing, this helps. I like the taste, contrary to other reviewers, it does not taste like dirt. I actually have never tasted dirt, but I dont think this is what it would taste like. I think for some people, it's a mental trick because it looks like mud. I like it that its not super duper intense, bitter, in-your-face mint because those kind of toothpastes make me gag first thing in the AM. And that makes me dread brushing my teeth. I will buy this until I find a better non fluoride paste. EDIT: I just purchased five tubes of this, all of which were less than half full. It says on the tube that it is 4.4 ounces, but I squeezed all the air out and compared the smooshed tube to a 2 ounce tube of face cream I have and they are equal. Why lie and say it's 4.4 ounces when its actually 2? I don't like being lied to and I don't like paying 20$ for 2 ounces of toothpaste. I'm going to check out darphin.

About reviewer (375 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

13 years ago

I was on a search for a good toothpaste without sodium lauryl-sulfate and other harmful ingredients, and decided to try this one. At now $20 for a 4-oz tube, it is ridiculously expensive. However, it's also the best toothpaste I've ever used. It makes my mouth feel so clean and refreshed, and doesn't contain sugar, saccharine or any bad chemicals. The metal tube is very pretty and all, but after using it only a handful of times a little hole developed and it started leaking, and now it has a very un-pretty duct tape patch. Despite this and the cost, it's a definite repurchase.

About reviewer (1198 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBrunette

15 years ago

Odd product. You need to shake it first each time you use it, and use it dry. It's crazy whitening, which is great, and tastes faintly of lemons, which I love. Two things I don't like about it though: the price - £12.50! for a toothpaste! - and that half the tube is air anyway, and the way it hurts while I'm brushing my teeth. The pain's so bad I sometimes can't use it. And yet I love this product. I must be a real sucker.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

15 years ago

Ugh! Sooooo gross. Now, I am a HUGE Fresh fan - so whenever there is something to try - I try it, but this toothpaste tasted like mud to me. Lightly-herbed, minted mud. ICK! Never again. Thank god the sweet manager of the Fresh Madison Avenue store took it back and I bought something else.

About reviewer (2440 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

16 years ago

Super gross tasting..I was also convinced that it was turning my teeth brown. It doesn't always pay to buy "fabulous" toothpaste. I think they say on the package that the taste is "interesting"..it tastes like dirt (which isn't good after the age of two)

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

16 years ago

this stuff is great. very european. I would recommend shaking before use, and it shouldn't be to separated or you know you have an old one. it's very earthy and clean, totally unlike most discgustingly fake sweet minty american toothpastes. it's great too thpaste. very different and it does whiten, although not so much as say crest whitestrips:) shame people rated it low without using at all, or for at least 1 week (a requirement to rate anything in my book!)

About reviewer (137 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairOther

EyesOther

from

16 years ago

I totally agree with everything Dana said. It's excellent for ones who have sensitive gums and it also helps to whiten the teeth. The thing that gets most people is the color and the taste which I had somewhat of a problem with but got over. I like this much better than Darphin - I feel like I got better results. Oh and another thing, when using this, you use it with no water until you're ready to rinse. I'm not sure if many people were told this when they bought it. (I used to sell Fresh at NM).

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure