Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

CURRENT FORMULA (2014-present): Purified water, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, citric acid, tocopherol (Vitamin E), dimethicone, argan oil, organic rosemary extract, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willowbark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomille flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, tocopherol (Vitamin E), acetamide MEA, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, fragrance.

on 2/16/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This has silicones now!! Dimethicone, to be exact!

I used this shampoo and conditioner combo for years. Then, I noticed my hair was feeling a lot more greasy/stringy, and my scalp was breaking out. What the heck?

Trader Joe's changed their formula for the conditioner around mid-2014 and now it contains dimethicone. Where once the conditioner was awesome, now it just....makes my hair feel nasty. The kicker is the accompanying shampoo doesn't have the sulfates needed to clear out the buildup. The change in formula was especially awful after I'd been without silicones and sulfate for a while.

Well, lesson learned. Every time I buy shampoos and conditioner, definitely check the ingredients list. This used to be my HG for so long that I didn't even think to do it that last time I bought it.

I washed with a sulfate shampoo (cries) to clear out the gross buildup. Now I'm onto another shampoo and conditioner, and I will definitely not touch this conditioner again.

on 4/13/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great and cheap. I'm one of those people who have to wash their hair every day, this helps prevent my hair from drying too much. Smells good too!

Surprisingly, this has worked well for me. If you're looking for a good light to "semi" mid weight conditioner, you could do a lot worse. I have fine hair and have tried everything from Kerestase to Suave. This is not super moisturizing and does not leave a heavy build-up which we all hate. I use this as a rinse out as co-washing just does not work for me. To me, this seems more of a strengthening conditioner with some moisturizing properties as it contains both protein and panthenol. I can't imagine this working for someone with thick hair. I should mention that this review is for the new formula. it's a toss-up between this and Suave Almond Shea for my favorite budget conditioner.

on 5/9/2014 3:40:00 PM

I've been using this conditioner for a couple months and I love it...smells great, and my hair feels healthier than it has in a while. I actually switched back to my old conditioner for a few days to see if I felt a difference, and I definitely did.

I was sold to buy this (or, I guess, it was sold?) when I turned it over and could actually pronounce every ingredient, and most are organic. Surprising, but actually pretty much every bodycare product I've bought from Trader Joe's, I liked. The place is weird, but they do good work :)

on 9/15/2013 11:50:00 PM

This product is great because it is void of many harsh chemicals and fragrances and the price is pretty economical; however, it did not do well in maintaining the health of my hair. I have very fine and thin hair, and using this product resulted in me getting split ends. It dries out my hair and my scalp looks oily by the next day. I've tried using more conditioner in an attempt to moisturize it more, but it just causes more of my hair to fall out. There is a noticeable improvement in my hair after I stopped using this product. I really wish this product worked for my hair though since it's difficult to find such healthy hair products for a good price.

So far, this is probably the best co-wash I have used. I love it. Detangles, moisturizes, and leaves hair very clean.

I have it as a rinse out conditioner and also works wonders. I would recommend this to all hair types, but especially the drier types. Superior moisture!

UPDATE!!!!! THEY RUINED IT! They added a crap ton of SILICONE and i will no longer use it anymore. I do not know why that did that.

on 7/15/2013 9:56:00 PM

This is a review for the original formula, I have since read that they changed the formula to add silicones. I do not know how the new product works but I avoid silicones because they break me out. The old formula was fantastic and I'm very sad to see it go...

Original review: i dont like this much as a conditioner because i found it, well, not very conditioning on my very dry ends. yet i rated it five lippies because i love this as a shampoo! i used to color my hair very bright colors that fade fast, yet my scalp is naturally extremely EXTREMELY oily..that poses an issue with fading from washing every day which i have to. i dont remember what made me use this as a shampoo but it is the best for preventing hair color fade. what you do is take some and massage into scalp very well. obviously it wont foam. the oils in this will bind to your scalp oils but you need to give it at *least* 3-5 minutes. i basically apply when i hop in and rinse right before i get out. hair is perfectly clean with no shampoo needed :) try it and thank me later!

I have found my HG conditioner! This is a light conditioner that doesn't weigh my hair down, yet gives it a soft and silky texture. My hair has always been smooth and straight, but I don't naturally have shininess, moisture, or body. This conditioner provides all of my hair needs. I also love the packaging- it's a sleek bottle that, if lightly squeezed, delicately releases product in thin ribbons. And this product is $3 for a pound! The only issue I have with this product are the parabens, but those are at the very end of the ingredients anyway, so there's not much of the parabens compared to the other good stuff in this product that makes my hair look and feel so good. :)

on 12/1/2012 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried plenty of shampoos and conditions from the low end to high end range and this stuff amazed me! I use both the Nourish Shampoo and conditioner for the first time today and I cannot stop touching my hair! Even after just one use, my hair is shiny, bouncy and silky. Usually, my hair is a little frizzy and dry. The smell is botanical in a very refreshing way and does not linger. I really cannot believe it's only $3! LOVE THIS STUFF!

on 7/4/2011 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I usually don't have luck with cheapo/drugstore conditioners but this is one of the few that allows me to get a comb through my thick, tangly hair. Lots of slip, softens hair instantly. Under $3! and works better than much more expensive conditioners I've tried.