Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner
Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

Price: $

Price: $

CURRENT FORMULA (2014-present): Purified water, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, citric acid, tocopherol (Vitamin E), dimethicone, argan oil, organic rosemary extract, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willowbark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomille flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, tocopherol (Vitamin E), acetamide MEA, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, fragrance.

on 7/13/2012 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i can't believe i am writing a review after just one use, but this conditioner (and shampoo) is awesome!!! my hair felt like silk after a light towel dry and to top it off my hubby walked into the house 30 minutes into my air-dry and complimented me on how pretty my hair looked. i made a mad dash for the mirror and sure enough, my curls/waves were pronounced and beautiful. love it!

on 3/9/2008 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this out I actually ran home and washed my hair immediately after buying this and I guess I'm just one of the few this didn't work out for. :( I'm really sad. For a huge bottle for $2.49 I wanted to love this but unfortunately it left my very dry hair even more dry.

A background on my hair-- I have extremely long blonde color-treated hair with extensions. My natural hair is extremely fine and lacks volume while my extensions seem to lately feeling more dry and damaged so I was looking for something that would be gentle and moisturizing but not weigh down my hair. My usual shower conditioning consists of Suave's Professionals Volumizing Conditioner all over followed by Pureology's HydraCure Moisturizing Masque on only my ends. After I get out of the shower I lightly put Sebastian's Potion 9 through my hair (yes my hair needs a lot of conditioner!).

Maybe I was looking for a miracle here but this stuff did nothing for me and since I have used it I have had to constantly brush my hair (like every 15 minutes) to avoid big knots. It's like my hair turned to straw. :( I even took the suggestion and purchased the Desert Essence Jojoba Oil and slathered this all over where I normally use the Pureology Moisturizing Masque. I left the conditioner and Jojoba Oil on for about 3-4 minutes before rinsing and did a cold rinse before I got out of the shower.

The only thing that could be contributing is that I did use a clarifying shampoo for the first time today (Aveda's Hair Detoxifier). I wash my hair only a couple times of week and I had noticed what seemed to be a general buildup that NEEDED to be cleaned (I use a lot of products with 'cones so my hair was just being weighed down and not getting clean with normal washes). It is very possible that it completely dried out my hair but with all the rave reviews on this conditioner I guess I was expecting just a little moisture. :( I'll give it another shot and update if my results differ.

on 2/20/2008 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow! I had no idea that this conditioner would be so amazing. I picked this up on a whim while I was grocery shopping. I use and love the matching shampoo, so I figured I'd give it a go. I expected it to be runny, but it's actually pretty thick (not quite as thick as Biolage conditioning balm, but close). I left it on damp hair for about five minutes and rinsed with cool water. My hair feels like I used -cones on it, but the ingredient list is dominated by organic ingredients and not a cone to be found! It does, however, have parabens, which doesn't bother me much. My previously knotty/dry hair is now sleek and soft and I'm pretty sure that I've found my HG conditioner.