Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

CURRENT FORMULA (2014-present): Purified water, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, citric acid, tocopherol (Vitamin E), dimethicone, argan oil, organic rosemary extract, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willowbark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomille flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, tocopherol (Vitamin E), acetamide MEA, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, fragrance.

on 2/16/2018 9:42:00 AM

I love me some Trader Joe's, and have made some amazing food discoveries there. After reading the positive reviews on MakeupAlley, I gave their conditioner a shot. On my dry, bleached hair that is abused daily with various heated torture tools, this product did NOTHING. It was no better than a cheap grocery store "conditioner."

I've been using Joico Moisture Recovery, and it does well for me. Not perfect, though. The search continues.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My hair is past my shoulder blades, fine in texture and somewhat damaged from highlights and tangle prone.

A lot of conditioners leave my hair kind of limp and stringy but this one doesn't. I really, really like it a lot. When I use this, my hair is moisturized just enough, detangles well and my hair isn't weighed down.

The bottle is nice, I get can every drop out and the smell is very subtle. Cheap as chips to boot, like all the awesome Trader Joe's products :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just like the matching shampoo, I had this conditioner several months ago and then gave it up. I think that may have been pre-reformulation.

I love this. It's a very light conditioner, nothing deep or intense, and it almost seems to larger when I put it in. But it "seals" the hair nicely and makes it super soft and frankly pretty nice looking. It doesn't smell as amazing as its shampoo counterpart, but I like it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just finished my first bottle of this conditioner. I love Trader Joe's products, and this one is no exception. I really like it. Some background: I have fine, thin, curly (3a) hair.
This conditioner has a really nice thickness. It's not extremely heavy, nor is it so light. It's about medium, so good for people with slightly oily scalp and dry ends (like me!) It has a nice slip to it and is easy to apply and distribute throughout my hair. I generally let it sit for about 2-5 minutes to really let it work (both after shampooing and when just co-washing). I then rinse and can immediately see and feel the difference in my hair. It helps detangle my curls and hydrates the ends of my hair without making anything oily. It has a faint scent to it, but it's not overwhelming and fades after rinsing.
It has really nice, natural ingredients in it, better even than a lot of salon brand products. So for $3.99, I'd definitely recommend that people give it a shot.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Silicone-sensitive ppl beware! This does contain dimethicone, which I can sometimes get away with and sometimes not. Not this one... Broke my upper back out like crazy.

Beyond that, I didn't find it to have great slip anyway and did not feel it properly moisturized my hair. Will not rebuy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**There is another page for reviews of this same product**

Pros:

1. Not tested on animals
2. Great ingredients
3. My hair reacted really well to this
4. Relatively inexpensive

Cons:

1. I wish they had a jumbo-sized bottle where you could pay a bit more for more product. It's a pain to have to frequently go to the store for conditioner when you run out. They only sell this product in a standard sized bottle and since I have long hair, I have to use more than the average person.
2. It's also a pain to have to go to a special store just for your hair product. They only sell this at TJ's, of course.

I really like this conditioner, over all. In fact, I love it. My hair loved it, too. My hair is naturally wavy and sometimes frizzy and dry. After using this for a small length of time and allowing my hair to get used to it, my hair became more moisturized, not frizzy, and straightened out quite a bit. I used this only in conjunction with the corresponding shampoo. I'm not sure if I would have gotten the same effect with my hair if I had been using a different shampoo with this conditioner.

I used the Nourish Spa Moisture Balance shampoo and conditioner every other day. On the days when I didn't wash my hair, I simply wet my hair in the shower and left it alone. I find that this allows my hair to look and feel healthier rather than washing it every day. When using this every other day, my hair wasn't oily on the days when I didn't wash it. That was great!

I would repurchase this if I stopped at a TJ's and had the extra money to throw around. This was my go-to conditioner for months and months, but then I switched to something cheaper with more product per bottle. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

on 11/3/2013 2:50:00 PM

Good stuff! Makes my hair smell and feel great, but I have to use a lot of it to achieve these results.

on 6/16/2013 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this conditioner. If you comb it in and leave it for like 5 minutes, your hair will be ultra-soft. Sometimes I try to not fully wash out what's left on the ends of my hair, which makes it feel softer when it's dried too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My favorite conditioner of all time. I really love this stuff, it moisturizes without weighing hair down and leaves my fine, wavy hair soft and frizz-free. The best part is that it costs about 3 bucks. Although I can't say the same about the shampoo, I would definitely recommend this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Used together with the (drying) shampoo this is not moisturizing enough to keep my hair from frizzing up. However used on its own it's a pretty average conditioner. It seems I am slightly allergic to something in this though, just like the shampoo, and it can make me itchy. I will use it up but not repurchase.