Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, Tocopherol (Vit E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, botanical fragrance

on 10/28/2017 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle so I was excited to try Nourish and spa. There were so many positive reviews so I thought it would work great on my thin but dry hair. I found the conditioner just didn't do much. It wasn't bad, per say, just not that effective. It does not have enough slip to detangle and it provided some moisture but it was not amazing. I gave the last 1/3 of the bottle away. I will stick with the Tea Tree Tingle!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My hair is past my shoulder blades, fine in texture and somewhat damaged from highlights and tangle prone.

A lot of conditioners leave my hair kind of limp and stringy but this one doesn't. I really, really like it a lot. When I use this, my hair is moisturized just enough, detangles well and my hair isn't weighed down.

The bottle is nice, I get can every drop out and the smell is very subtle. Cheap as chips to boot, like all the awesome Trader Joe's products :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just like the matching shampoo, I had this conditioner several months ago and then gave it up. I think that may have been pre-reformulation.

I love this. It's a very light conditioner, nothing deep or intense, and it almost seems to larger when I put it in. But it "seals" the hair nicely and makes it super soft and frankly pretty nice looking. It doesn't smell as amazing as its shampoo counterpart, but I like it.

on 4/13/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great and cheap. I'm one of those people who have to wash their hair every day, this helps prevent my hair from drying too much. Smells good too!

on 2/16/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This has silicones now!! Dimethicone, to be exact!

I used this shampoo and conditioner combo for years. Then, I noticed my hair was feeling a lot more greasy/stringy, and my scalp was breaking out. What the heck?

Trader Joe's changed their formula for the conditioner around mid-2014 and now it contains dimethicone. Where once the conditioner was awesome, now it just....makes my hair feel nasty. The kicker is the accompanying shampoo doesn't have the sulfates needed to clear out the buildup. The change in formula was especially awful after I'd been without silicones and sulfate for a while.

Well, lesson learned. Every time I buy shampoos and conditioner, definitely check the ingredients list. This used to be my HG for so long that I didn't even think to do it that last time I bought it.

I washed with a sulfate shampoo (cries) to clear out the gross buildup. Now I'm onto another shampoo and conditioner, and I will definitely not touch this conditioner again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just finished my first bottle of this conditioner. I love Trader Joe's products, and this one is no exception. I really like it. Some background: I have fine, thin, curly (3a) hair.
This conditioner has a really nice thickness. It's not extremely heavy, nor is it so light. It's about medium, so good for people with slightly oily scalp and dry ends (like me!) It has a nice slip to it and is easy to apply and distribute throughout my hair. I generally let it sit for about 2-5 minutes to really let it work (both after shampooing and when just co-washing). I then rinse and can immediately see and feel the difference in my hair. It helps detangle my curls and hydrates the ends of my hair without making anything oily. It has a faint scent to it, but it's not overwhelming and fades after rinsing.
It has really nice, natural ingredients in it, better even than a lot of salon brand products. So for $3.99, I'd definitely recommend that people give it a shot.

on 12/30/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So bummed this didn't work for me. I need heavier detangling conditioners due to tangly dry hair and would consider this more a light to mid-heavy conditioner. If you are looking for a lighter conditioner and don't need heavy duty detangling then I do feel this is an awesome pick for the price. I had way better luck w/ the matching shampoo. Give them both a try because you don't know until you try!

Surprisingly, this has worked well for me. If you're looking for a good light to "semi" mid weight conditioner, you could do a lot worse. I have fine hair and have tried everything from Kerestase to Suave. This is not super moisturizing and does not leave a heavy build-up which we all hate. I use this as a rinse out as co-washing just does not work for me. To me, this seems more of a strengthening conditioner with some moisturizing properties as it contains both protein and panthenol. I can't imagine this working for someone with thick hair. I should mention that this review is for the new formula. it's a toss-up between this and Suave Almond Shea for my favorite budget conditioner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Silicone-sensitive ppl beware! This does contain dimethicone, which I can sometimes get away with and sometimes not. Not this one... Broke my upper back out like crazy.

Beyond that, I didn't find it to have great slip anyway and did not feel it properly moisturized my hair. Will not rebuy.

on 4/2/2015 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bummed out this product didn't work out on my hair. I used it twice - trying to see if this was the conditioner making my ends puff up and dry. Sadly it is. I love how it's creamy and once you put it in your hair it detangles your hair automatically. Once it dries, it makes my hair hard. My hair is wavy, curly and thick. It's a great price but I guess it just isn't for me. Going back to using Herbal Essence/Aussie conditioners.