Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, Tocopherol (Vit E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, botanical fragrance

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just like the matching shampoo, I had this conditioner several months ago and then gave it up. I think that may have been pre-reformulation.

I love this. It's a very light conditioner, nothing deep or intense, and it almost seems to larger when I put it in. But it "seals" the hair nicely and makes it super soft and frankly pretty nice looking. It doesn't smell as amazing as its shampoo counterpart, but I like it.

on 2/16/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This has silicones now!! Dimethicone, to be exact!

I used this shampoo and conditioner combo for years. Then, I noticed my hair was feeling a lot more greasy/stringy, and my scalp was breaking out. What the heck?

Trader Joe's changed their formula for the conditioner around mid-2014 and now it contains dimethicone. Where once the conditioner was awesome, now it just....makes my hair feel nasty. The kicker is the accompanying shampoo doesn't have the sulfates needed to clear out the buildup. The change in formula was especially awful after I'd been without silicones and sulfate for a while.

Well, lesson learned. Every time I buy shampoos and conditioner, definitely check the ingredients list. This used to be my HG for so long that I didn't even think to do it that last time I bought it.

I washed with a sulfate shampoo (cries) to clear out the gross buildup. Now I'm onto another shampoo and conditioner, and I will definitely not touch this conditioner again.

on 4/13/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great and cheap. I'm one of those people who have to wash their hair every day, this helps prevent my hair from drying too much. Smells good too!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just finished my first bottle of this conditioner. I love Trader Joe's products, and this one is no exception. I really like it. Some background: I have fine, thin, curly (3a) hair.
This conditioner has a really nice thickness. It's not extremely heavy, nor is it so light. It's about medium, so good for people with slightly oily scalp and dry ends (like me!) It has a nice slip to it and is easy to apply and distribute throughout my hair. I generally let it sit for about 2-5 minutes to really let it work (both after shampooing and when just co-washing). I then rinse and can immediately see and feel the difference in my hair. It helps detangle my curls and hydrates the ends of my hair without making anything oily. It has a faint scent to it, but it's not overwhelming and fades after rinsing.
It has really nice, natural ingredients in it, better even than a lot of salon brand products. So for $3.99, I'd definitely recommend that people give it a shot.

on 4/2/2015 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bummed out this product didn't work out on my hair. I used it twice - trying to see if this was the conditioner making my ends puff up and dry. Sadly it is. I love how it's creamy and once you put it in your hair it detangles your hair automatically. Once it dries, it makes my hair hard. My hair is wavy, curly and thick. It's a great price but I guess it just isn't for me. Going back to using Herbal Essence/Aussie conditioners.

on 12/30/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So bummed this didn't work for me. I need heavier detangling conditioners due to tangly dry hair and would consider this more a light to mid-heavy conditioner. If you are looking for a lighter conditioner and don't need heavy duty detangling then I do feel this is an awesome pick for the price. I had way better luck w/ the matching shampoo. Give them both a try because you don't know until you try!

Surprisingly, this has worked well for me. If you're looking for a good light to "semi" mid weight conditioner, you could do a lot worse. I have fine hair and have tried everything from Kerestase to Suave. This is not super moisturizing and does not leave a heavy build-up which we all hate. I use this as a rinse out as co-washing just does not work for me. To me, this seems more of a strengthening conditioner with some moisturizing properties as it contains both protein and panthenol. I can't imagine this working for someone with thick hair. I should mention that this review is for the new formula. it's a toss-up between this and Suave Almond Shea for my favorite budget conditioner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Silicone-sensitive ppl beware! This does contain dimethicone, which I can sometimes get away with and sometimes not. Not this one... Broke my upper back out like crazy.

Beyond that, I didn't find it to have great slip anyway and did not feel it properly moisturized my hair. Will not rebuy.

on 5/23/2014 2:16:00 PM

Pros:
1) everything
2) soft shiny hair
3) does not make my hair limp
4) great smell
5) all natural/organic ingredients
6) clear skin (i'm gonna explain)

Cons:
1) packaging. but i can live with this.

i love everything about this conditioner. EVERYTHING omg. actually i love everything trader joes. but that's a different story.

This conditioner was not a planned purchase. as people who shop at trader joes know, that its difficult to actually find/buy their beauty products, because as soon as it hits their shelves, it flies off in literally a day (same with their cat food!)

i digress...anyways!! i saw this bottle on the shelf on it's lonesome, and i decided to scoop it up. i actually went there to buy the tea tree conditioner (i use the shampoo), and they didn't have that conditioner so I got the only bottle of conditioner they had, which was this.

i fell in love with this at first use! gave amazing slip without making my hair feel greasy. I have fine, thin hair, so i hate when "moisturizing" conditioners just stick to you hair and scalp making it impossible to wash it off completely, which later leads to build up and the limp hair. the smell is great. i liked it. once my hair dried (air dried) it was amazingly soft, it was bouncy, and light! it also gave me and my boyfriend AMAZING skin benefits...

for me, it REALLY cleared up my back...i have a mild bacne issue..and my back is scarred with spots, and this conditioner kept my back from breaking out, and cleared up the skin..it was amazing. and i didn't apply it to my back, just to my hair, and when i would rinse the conditioner off, you know it would rinse and run down my back. I never noticed it until my boyfriend pointed it out one day...he said my back looked really clean. at that time i hadn't realized exactly why....

and it seriously cleared up my boyfriend's face......okay this sounds weird cus you're thinking "why would your boyfriend apply your conditioner to his face?"
cus he has a lumberjack beard (or he used to). I don't know the specifics of male facial hair care, but he told me he needs to condition his beard. I told him to use this conditioner. he said it helped make is beard feel soft, and manageable; he liked it. about a week ago, he started a new job, and he had to get rid of his facial hair (womp womp) and OMG his face underneath was as soft and clear as a baby's bottom!!! his face always had some acne scarring, and chicken pox scars (that's why he kept a beard) but after he shaved it off (and this was not the first time he shaved off his beard), his face was smooth, it was clear, it was clean, it was soft, it was a miracle.

i think the conditioner did this. i seriously do. that's just my experience..because nothing else changed (diet, facewash, moisturizer, body was, etc)

anyways!! i have like stocked up 4 bottles of this stuff. but currently i'm not using it, because i recently highlighted and bombed my hair, so i need something with more umph to take care of that damage, so i don't think i would recommend this for someone with overly processed and damaged hair. but i love this stuff. i will always get it again. i will always recommend it. i've turned my mother onto this (she has thick curly hair) and she loves it.

on 5/9/2014 3:40:00 PM

I've been using this conditioner for a couple months and I love it...smells great, and my hair feels healthier than it has in a while. I actually switched back to my old conditioner for a few days to see if I felt a difference, and I definitely did.

I was sold to buy this (or, I guess, it was sold?) when I turned it over and could actually pronounce every ingredient, and most are organic. Surprising, but actually pretty much every bodycare product I've bought from Trader Joe's, I liked. The place is weird, but they do good work :)