Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

CURRENT FORMULA (2014-present): Purified water, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, citric acid, tocopherol (Vitamin E), dimethicone, argan oil, organic rosemary extract, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willowbark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomille flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, tocopherol (Vitamin E), acetamide MEA, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, fragrance.

on 10/28/2017 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle so I was excited to try Nourish and spa. There were so many positive reviews so I thought it would work great on my thin but dry hair. I found the conditioner just didn't do much. It wasn't bad, per say, just not that effective. It does not have enough slip to detangle and it provided some moisture but it was not amazing. I gave the last 1/3 of the bottle away. I will stick with the Tea Tree Tingle!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Silicone-sensitive ppl beware! This does contain dimethicone, which I can sometimes get away with and sometimes not. Not this one... Broke my upper back out like crazy.

Beyond that, I didn't find it to have great slip anyway and did not feel it properly moisturized my hair. Will not rebuy.

on 5/23/2014 2:16:00 PM

Pros:
1) everything
2) soft shiny hair
3) does not make my hair limp
4) great smell
5) all natural/organic ingredients
6) clear skin (i'm gonna explain)

Cons:
1) packaging. but i can live with this.

i love everything about this conditioner. EVERYTHING omg. actually i love everything trader joes. but that's a different story.

This conditioner was not a planned purchase. as people who shop at trader joes know, that its difficult to actually find/buy their beauty products, because as soon as it hits their shelves, it flies off in literally a day (same with their cat food!)

i digress...anyways!! i saw this bottle on the shelf on it's lonesome, and i decided to scoop it up. i actually went there to buy the tea tree conditioner (i use the shampoo), and they didn't have that conditioner so I got the only bottle of conditioner they had, which was this.

i fell in love with this at first use! gave amazing slip without making my hair feel greasy. I have fine, thin hair, so i hate when "moisturizing" conditioners just stick to you hair and scalp making it impossible to wash it off completely, which later leads to build up and the limp hair. the smell is great. i liked it. once my hair dried (air dried) it was amazingly soft, it was bouncy, and light! it also gave me and my boyfriend AMAZING skin benefits...

for me, it REALLY cleared up my back...i have a mild bacne issue..and my back is scarred with spots, and this conditioner kept my back from breaking out, and cleared up the skin..it was amazing. and i didn't apply it to my back, just to my hair, and when i would rinse the conditioner off, you know it would rinse and run down my back. I never noticed it until my boyfriend pointed it out one day...he said my back looked really clean. at that time i hadn't realized exactly why....

and it seriously cleared up my boyfriend's face......okay this sounds weird cus you're thinking "why would your boyfriend apply your conditioner to his face?"
cus he has a lumberjack beard (or he used to). I don't know the specifics of male facial hair care, but he told me he needs to condition his beard. I told him to use this conditioner. he said it helped make is beard feel soft, and manageable; he liked it. about a week ago, he started a new job, and he had to get rid of his facial hair (womp womp) and OMG his face underneath was as soft and clear as a baby's bottom!!! his face always had some acne scarring, and chicken pox scars (that's why he kept a beard) but after he shaved it off (and this was not the first time he shaved off his beard), his face was smooth, it was clear, it was clean, it was soft, it was a miracle.

i think the conditioner did this. i seriously do. that's just my experience..because nothing else changed (diet, facewash, moisturizer, body was, etc)

anyways!! i have like stocked up 4 bottles of this stuff. but currently i'm not using it, because i recently highlighted and bombed my hair, so i need something with more umph to take care of that damage, so i don't think i would recommend this for someone with overly processed and damaged hair. but i love this stuff. i will always get it again. i will always recommend it. i've turned my mother onto this (she has thick curly hair) and she loves it.

on 5/9/2014 3:40:00 PM

I've been using this conditioner for a couple months and I love it...smells great, and my hair feels healthier than it has in a while. I actually switched back to my old conditioner for a few days to see if I felt a difference, and I definitely did.

I was sold to buy this (or, I guess, it was sold?) when I turned it over and could actually pronounce every ingredient, and most are organic. Surprising, but actually pretty much every bodycare product I've bought from Trader Joe's, I liked. The place is weird, but they do good work :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the perfect all around conditioner. Very inexpensive but has great ingredients and gets the job done. I prefer using this over Suave and Vo5 conditioners.

I get multiple uses out of it. For myself, I love to co-wash or use it as a leave-in. I also love using it to shave with. The scent is nice and neutral. On vacation, this is what I bring for the entire family to use (my husband is Scottish and even likes it). Our 9 year old son uses this to wash and condition his curls with also.

I've been using this conditioner on and off for years. For the price, it's worth trying out!

UPDATE: August 12th, 2014

Trader Joe's updated the package and formulation of ingredients. This is now a silicone conditioner! They added dimethicone to this conditioner. This could be a deal breaker for some but for me, I feel like the new formula is even better than the old!

This stuff is super moisturizing and my high porous curly hair loves it! My hair is super moisturized, easy to detangle and is a great leave-in. Plus, it still has all of the other fab natural ingredients in it. I don't mind the fact that I will have to use a shampoo once a month or so to remove build-up. And the cost is still perfect at $2.99.

on 1/11/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I'm always venturing into new products but for the past 5 years I've always come back to both the shampoo and conditioner! I love anything Trader Joes and it's no different with this duo. I'll admit though, the shampoo can dry my scalp out a tad but nothing too extreme. I generally remedy this by applying a small amount of coconut oil to my scalp before cleansing. As for the conditioner, it by far creates the most amount of slip I have ever experienced from a non-silicone 'dish. The ingredients are absolutely amazing as is the smell and it leaves my 2a/2b M ii hair extremely soft and tangle free. For hair that is not chemically treated and rarely sees heat, this is almost too conditioning for me at times! The packaging is extraordinarily simple which I love and is unassuming in the shower. The price tag is just the cherry on top!

I have only two gripes-the actual bottle makes dispensing the last 1/4 of this a pain in the rear. You literally have to violently shake it up and down and that runs the risk of shooting away from you like a hockey pock. The only other complaint is the thickness of the formula- it's so darn thick, it can be difficult to spread throughout the length. What I do to get around this is spread it on as best as I can and then let the spray from the shower help distribute it more evenly. Wait a couple of minutes, rinse and voila-beautiful hair! Love love love Trader Joes.

on 7/15/2013 9:56:00 PM

This is a review for the original formula, I have since read that they changed the formula to add silicones. I do not know how the new product works but I avoid silicones because they break me out. The old formula was fantastic and I'm very sad to see it go...

Original review: i dont like this much as a conditioner because i found it, well, not very conditioning on my very dry ends. yet i rated it five lippies because i love this as a shampoo! i used to color my hair very bright colors that fade fast, yet my scalp is naturally extremely EXTREMELY oily..that poses an issue with fading from washing every day which i have to. i dont remember what made me use this as a shampoo but it is the best for preventing hair color fade. what you do is take some and massage into scalp very well. obviously it wont foam. the oils in this will bind to your scalp oils but you need to give it at *least* 3-5 minutes. i basically apply when i hop in and rinse right before i get out. hair is perfectly clean with no shampoo needed :) try it and thank me later!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I just started using this conditioner a week ago, and so far I love it. I don't need a lot to keep my naturally straight, fine hair moisturized, and it smells so good. I find that because of my hair type, a lot of conditioners will make my hair feel heavy or look greasy, but this conditioner is so light-weight, yet makes my hair so soft! It is also very inexpensive @ $3 per bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Used together with the (drying) shampoo this is not moisturizing enough to keep my hair from frizzing up. However used on its own it's a pretty average conditioner. It seems I am slightly allergic to something in this though, just like the shampoo, and it can make me itchy. I will use it up but not repurchase.

on 9/3/2011 3:08:00 PM

I really like this, it pairs well with the shampoo! I started using this about a week n a half ago and have noticed a huge difference. My hair is softer, lighter, fuller, and my natural volume is back. I've never tried any other organic shampoo and conditioners but I would recommend this one.