Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Shampoo

Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Shampoo
Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa ShampooBalanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa ShampooTrader Joe's Spa Shampoo & Conditioner

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit, C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Tocopherol (Vit E), Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, sea salt, botanical fragrance

on 1/29/2017 11:10:00 AM

I bought the Nourish Spa shampoo and conditioner at my local Trader Joe's recently. I have fine, straight hair. I love these products. My hair is incredibly soft and shiny after drying. I also love the soft powdery scent. The ingredients are good and the price was only $2.99 per bottle.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had this about six months to a year ago and liked it, but didn't love how it worked or the weird collagen undertone to the smell. Not much agrees with my scalp, so I toggled back to it. I think it has been reformulated since. My hair is straight, not terribly dry, virgin, standard Caucasian hair and this stuff works really well for me, but I can definitely see that it would be too much for delicate, dry, or treated hair.

But my favorite part? The smell now! I was a child in the eighties and this reminds me of the soft, gently perfumed shampoos of then. It smells like a grandmother in the best way possible and I would wear it as perfume if I could. It's reminiscent of an old Nexxus product called AloeRid, with soft touches of florals and the kind of perfume they used to use in cosmetics. It's amazing. I can imagine Blanche, Rose, and Dorothy using it (not Sophia - obviously she was having a wash and set at the beauty parlor).

This shampoo is SO drying! Granted, I bleach my hair but it's still in good condition. After one wash with this it turned to straw, ugh. I like the matching conditioner just fine but the shampoo is a no go.

on 1/16/2016 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Not one of those shampoos that will make your hair feel dry/squeaky literally, necessarily, but I noticed it seriously dried out my scalp and my hair texture would act like it's dehydrated (my hair gets a certain way when it doesn't have enough moisture). Also, I think it might have increased hair loss, but it's hard to tell. Just generally not any better than something like suave (maybe even worse).

on 1/12/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this and also the conditioner that comes with it. Most shampoos I've tried make my hair feel extremely dry before conditioning which I hate. This doesn't though and it smells amazing. It's only $2.99 so you can't go wrong and I love that it's cruelty-free! :)

If you have "normal" hair -- no dryness or damage -- this shampoo is probably great. However, if dryness and/or damage are issues for you, this shampoo will make them worse. I'm sorry to give this a bad review, because I usually love Trader Joe's products.

on 4/13/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Does the job well, I wash my hair every day and this doesn't dry it out too much. Smells great and uses natural ingredients. Super cheap too!

Great stuff! Cleans hair well without stripping it. My conditioner seems to work better after washing with this. I had some build up in my hair and this shampoo cleaned very nice and left my hair shiny and not squeaky or waxy

on 1/9/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo smells like gardenias or jasmine - very high-end fragrance. I tried the other TJ's shampoo, the tea tree one, and HATED smelling like gum and furniture polish all day. I was in Trader Joe's and saw this combo and had to have it for the scent. I've been experimenting with shampoo bars, and am tired of the whole vinegar rinse part. I miss the luxury of a delicious shampoo, and this is the ticket to shower bliss. You will love it. It's very gentle since it has no SLS, and I think you could lather twice. The bottle is a nice shape and fits in the shower caddy. I also used it on my cat with good results.

on 12/30/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG material and it's crazy that it's so cheap & easy to get if you have a TJ's nearby. I have long tangly highlighted hair so you can imagine that I am pretty picky as to what I use. I was intrigued by the reviews. This isn't drying on my hair in the least. I would say it's nourishing without being super heavy and doesn't leave my hair a bird's nest. actually I think it's a great shampoo if you suffer from tangles like I do. If i did a blind test using this I would definitely think it was more expensive than it is. A must try!

Popular Shampoos