Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Shampoo

Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Shampoo
image 1image 2image 3

Price: $

Price: $

Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit, C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Tocopherol (Vit E), Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, sea salt, botanical fragrance

on 1/16/2016 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Not one of those shampoos that will make your hair feel dry/squeaky literally, necessarily, but I noticed it seriously dried out my scalp and my hair texture would act like it's dehydrated (my hair gets a certain way when it doesn't have enough moisture). Also, I think it might have increased hair loss, but it's hard to tell. Just generally not any better than something like suave (maybe even worse).

on 1/12/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this and also the conditioner that comes with it. Most shampoos I've tried make my hair feel extremely dry before conditioning which I hate. This doesn't though and it smells amazing. It's only $2.99 so you can't go wrong and I love that it's cruelty-free! :)

To Read all 71 Reviews, Login or Join

If you have "normal" hair -- no dryness or damage -- this shampoo is probably great. However, if dryness and/or damage are issues for you, this shampoo will make them worse. I'm sorry to give this a bad review, because I usually love Trader Joe's products.

I love how much slip this shampoo has. I have mid-back-length hair, which is usually a pain to wash, but this product spreads and lathers in a flash, and rinses easily. It seems to clean my hair just enough and not more, because it doesn't weight it down or dry it out. I've been using it for at least a month and haven't gotten buildup. Will buy this from now on. Great product. (The conditioner is OK but not as great as the shampoo.)

on 4/13/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Does the job well, I wash my hair every day and this doesn't dry it out too much. Smells great and uses natural ingredients. Super cheap too!

Great stuff! Cleans hair well without stripping it. My conditioner seems to work better after washing with this. I had some build up in my hair and this shampoo cleaned very nice and left my hair shiny and not squeaky or waxy

on 1/9/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo smells like gardenias or jasmine - very high-end fragrance. I tried the other TJ's shampoo, the tea tree one, and HATED smelling like gum and furniture polish all day. I was in Trader Joe's and saw this combo and had to have it for the scent. I've been experimenting with shampoo bars, and am tired of the whole vinegar rinse part. I miss the luxury of a delicious shampoo, and this is the ticket to shower bliss. You will love it. It's very gentle since it has no SLS, and I think you could lather twice. The bottle is a nice shape and fits in the shower caddy. I also used it on my cat with good results.

on 12/30/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG material and it's crazy that it's so cheap & easy to get if you have a TJ's nearby. I have long tangly highlighted hair so you can imagine that I am pretty picky as to what I use. I was intrigued by the reviews. This isn't drying on my hair in the least. I would say it's nourishing without being super heavy and doesn't leave my hair a bird's nest. actually I think it's a great shampoo if you suffer from tangles like I do. If i did a blind test using this I would definitely think it was more expensive than it is. A must try!

on 7/3/2014 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

HG shampoo. It's not that I love the smell or that I think it's a miracle product BUT my hair just loves it. I wash at night and the next day I have perfectly polished frizz-free hair. It's tried and true. I rotate every now and then and this gives me the best results. I pare it with TJ's tea tree conditioner, that's right I don't like the matching conditioner in this product ... but the Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Shampoo is perfection.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a lovely basic cleansing shampoo. It is not super stripping. In fact, I had to wash twice on 3rd day hair to get the oil and product out of my hair. It has a soft smell that even a sensitive person would like....and the price???? Can I get a what-what? 2.99 for something that someone (not me) might pay 15 bucks for at a salon. I recommend you try if you have a Trader Joes in your area. This shampoo combined with the matching conditioner made my colored hair shiny and bouncy! I love it!

Popular Shampoos