body drench tanning spray

body drench tanning spray

4.2

Dimethyl Ether, Water (Aqua, Eau), Alcohol Denat., Dihydroxyacetone, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Juglans Nigra (Black Walnut) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Erythrulose, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 40 (CI 16035), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

Been using this for 15 years! Yes it's messy but it's a trade off. It's what I use on my face as a brozer too. Best for tanning hard to reach places like your back and sides. Just be sure to cover areas with towels or use outside if you're concerned with a messy floor or countertop. It's much more economical than others I've use however you don't get tons of applications with once bottle so I always have at least 3-6 cans on hand. It gives a great color but i would suggest starting off with a gradual lotion tanner for the first day or 2, then use this once you have a little base tan color. Then it gets you really tan! Use this for 2 days and then use the gradual after. So gradual 1st day, this the second and third day then back to gradual for moisturizing. I use a bit of vaseline on dry spots like elbows, knees and ankles. 5 stars.

on 6/14/2014 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have tried MANY self tanning products and this is one of my favorites. It gives a very different color than most others.. It looks like you actually got sun- There is a pink tone in addition to the bronze. The color is SO natural both when you first apply and also once it has worked its magic and the initial bronzer has been showered off. It's very easy to spray more on areas where the sun would naturally hit to give a more realistic look.

Smells amazing. Like vanilla. My boyfriend can sniff out self tanner like a hound dog, but he hasn't said a single word since I've been using this.

The color lasts for days and days, but never becomes ugly if you keep up with moisturizing.

Dries quickly and works great for quick application before going out.

It works best if you hold it further away than you think you should. Move slowly and thoughtfully. I've found circular motions do not work well.

Definitely apply this in 1 of 2 places - outside or completely enclosed in a shower. It causes a cloud of tan that does get everywhere. I immediately rinse out my entire shower and also wipe all surfaces after I've "tanned". I'm sure my walls will start to show up pink if I don't wipe them down soon. That's why I've given this product 4 stars.

It's smart to wipe off the hole where it sprays from.. Sometimes it can get build up and cause a teensy bit of splatter.

Sally's charges too much for 1 can.

In spite of the mess, I completely love this product and have already repurchased... a 3 pack from Amazon ;-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I got two bottles of this on sale at Sally's for $18 each, in Medium-Dark. A few makeup artist friends of mine recommended this product- they said that it was the most natural-looking tanning spray and didn't smell bad. They were right- this has a yummy vanilla fragrance but, after a few hours, you do smell a little bit of the "self-tanner smell".

As far as it looking natural, I would say that it's a step above all the other self-tanners I've tried but a step below getting a professional spray tan. It still leaves a somewhat orange cast. That's AFTER you wash the bronzer off. When you FIRST spray it, your skin turns this super dark bronze color that gets a little more orange-toned over the next few hours as the tanning ingredients kick in.

Applying it wasn't as easy as my friends made it seem, either. They said that there was no rubbing needed- just spray and go. Since it was my first time using this, I got a lot of bronze splotches all over me, so I ended up using a tanning mitt to rub everything in. Still, it took less than 10 minutes to apply and dry. Hopefully I'll get better at applying this and won't need the mitt after a while.

I think I'll keep using this- it's very convenient and doesn't have any ingredients that break me out, like oils or silicones. I've also heard great things about Million Dollar Tan, so I might try that next...

OMG this product makes the biggest mess. I used to spray myself down with it in the shower in my bathroom upstairs and thought that would be okay but my mom started cleaning DOWNSTAIRS the next day and noticed there was pink residue on everything. I checked and wiped down my bathroom and door and outside my bathroom all pink residue. I only use this on my face and chest and besides the mess it's okay. Smells very good but comes out a bit of a redish tan as its clearly pink based instead of green. I still use it by spraying it onto a sponge then applying as there's no aerosol mess with that or spraying it outside. But still looking for something better for my face.. For body ill stick to st tropez .

This is a great self tanner and it will make you very dark however I would suggest spraying and using a mitt to blend or you might end up with a streaky mess. I only get about 4 or 5 full body applications out of a can which isn't great but for the price and deep bronze tan you get from this it does make it worth it.

I heard so many great reviews about this product so because I'm fair skin and needing a tan, I went out and bought it. It wasn't cheap $30 for one bottle, and I had my sister spray me while in the shower so it wouldn't make a mess. I was very unimpressed by the product because it didn't go on evenly and it was streaky. I did however love the smell but it was not worth the money I paid, especially since the whole bottle went so fast.

on 4/4/2012 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I found my holy grail. I have tried at least 300 sunless tanners in my lifetime....sprays, gels, lotions, towels, gradual tanners, etc. This is it. I'm never buying another sunless tanner again. I am PALE, DRY and Irish. I have never found anything that looked 100% real on me. This stuff goes on dark, a gorgeous tropical brown. It washes off the next day to reveal a light brown. I apply 2 more days in a row and I look like I came back from the Islands and it's totally real looking. It smells like vanilla. The only cons about this stuff is it goes everywhere when you spray it...your floor, shower curtain, sink, toilet, curtains, etc. I line my bathroom floor up with old towels, open the window and turn on the exhaust fan to receive minimal damage. lol. The stuff dries quick. It NEVER EVER dries streaky. Even if it looks streaky it adjusts itself somehow. You can rub it in real quickly and lightly with gloves or not. Doesnt matter. It will all come out even. I promise.
If you have dry skin like me (alligator in winter) I would advise you slather yourself with coco butter in between tanning. It dries you out b/c its aerosol. This stuff is $20 a bottle at Sally's and worth every penny. I'd still buy it if they doubled the price!

on 5/18/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

LOVE this stuff! Exfoliating is the key to any self tanner. I keep Lysol wipes on hand for the bathroom floor and toilet and sink since a mist does land on things around you. NO ORANGE at ALL! Love this stuff.
I use this everyday for the first few days and than use the body drench lotion/ spray tan every other day, alternating until I exfoliate.
One last thing....MAKE SURE this bottle stays in a cool place at all times. My first bottle was left in a hot place for a few hours and when I used it...it exploded all over my bathroom...lol.
The $20 price tag is a little much, but so worth it. You can find it cheaper on the internet but I would be worried about getting a bottle that had gotten warm...this was mentioned in several reviews on Amazon. So, for now I will keep getting it from Sally's.

on 5/5/2011 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this from Sally Beauty in Canada for 27.99 which is a little spendy.. higher than drug store but less than St. Tropez so I was okay with it. I love the aerosol can design. Easy to apply on back and other hard to reach places. Also very, very dark tinted so it's easy to see where you've put it and where there's too much product in one spot. It also smells sweet like vanilla, not like traditional sunless tan or the overpowering perfume smell they mix in there to try and mask the sunless smell. It was pleasant to put on and the sweet smell lingered for quite a while.
I have a base tan from beds so I wasn't too worried about streaking or anything but I did a very half-assed job and barely applied any. I just did a quick mist on my face, blended it into my neck with hands and repeated for the rest of my body. I felt like I barely used any product and didn't expect much for results but wow, count me impressed! I went to bed with a nice tint from the colour of the product and woke up with a fabulous dark and even tan! I haven't showered but I've been warm throughout the day and that sickly sunless tan smell isn't coming off me! Yay! I got legit spray tan a couple weeks ago and stunk from it for a couple days even after a shower.
I'm super impressed with the application and results from this product so I'll definitely be repurchasing and don't mind the price in the least!

on 5/20/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this self tanner for years. Gradually build it up to color you like. If u put too much on just wash it off. Shows up instantly. Doesn't stain clothes Great on face chest and legs!!