4.3

$20.00 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

3 years ago

There will always be controversy over this because of the price; a lot of people cannot rationalize spending $20+ on a sponge, and I definitely sympathize with that line of thinking, but this is one of those times I had to just swallow hard and bite the bullet. After all, we have no problem spending that kind of money on a makeup brush, or a lipstick, and those might not even get as much daily use as this does. I am not sure how well these hold up on a long-term basis; I have had mine for about a month and it is still in perfect condition. Before this I was using the NYX blender which is cheaper and I can recommend to you, but this blender is a bit softer and bouncier. If you're looking for the ultimate makeup tool that will simplify your routine and take foundation/concealer/contour application to the next level, this is the final frontier. I can't even tell you how much better and smoother everything looks since I threw this in the mix. I even use this to pick up powder and "bake" my undereye, forehead and Cupid's bow areas. It goes without saying, if you want the most bang for your buck, this must be used dampened. So, that's that. I spent $20 on a freaking sponge and it was maybe the best beauty decision I've made in a decade. It's one of those things you really have to just experience for yourself, but it gets my vote.

About reviewer (274 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

I love it

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlue

love it

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I had one of these when they came out years ago. They were selling them at my hair salon so I purchased one. I loved it and used it all the time. Then I got into using brushes for a while and didn't use the bb. Finally I said let me get a new one as I have some heavier coverage foundations I'd like to try it with. Turns out I still love it years later. It really does blend makeup seamlessly. The dupes in my case don't compare to the original. I've tried using others but I always go back to the beautyblender. It's pricey but it imo blends foundation flawlessly. I especially love to use it with the NARS All Day Luminous wear foundation. It applies it like a dream and it looks so natural when I use this. So as someone who had this from back in the day to now I still think it's a great tool and I wouldn't be without it. Recommended.

About reviewer (912 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

from

Yas is all I can say

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBrown

3 years ago

Yes, the Beautyblender sponge seems crazy expensive. But that's because it's been made with unicorn tears that will melt your foundation perfectly into your skin. Okay, so maybe there are no unicorn tears but the sponge has truly changed my makeup routine. I've also tried the Real Techniques sponge, which is good but it just doesn't blend as smoothly, easily or as quickly as the Beautyblender. Pros: - leave a very smooth, even finish to your foundation and concealer. Easy to blend out around the jaw line and really presses foundation into the skin more a more natural look - no streak marks like you get with some brushes - Stops foundation from looking heavy on the skin - It's quick to use and easy to wash/maintain Cons: - Price...but it's worth it I won't be without one of these in my makeup arsenal from now on.

About reviewer (163 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I purchased this about 2 weeks ago, and so far it's been working quite well. It blends in my foundation quite well, without soaking too much of my foundation. However, with cleansing it daily, you must be very careful and use only paper towels. I used a regular towel yesterday to clean it because i was out of paper towels and managed to cause a small amount of flaking on the sponge (not overly so that I'd need a new one, but enough for me to be careful about using that area). Overall, it's a solid product.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

Yes it is a convenient tool to have but I probably wouldn't repurchase again, because I have done a comparisons between this and just using clean fingers the results are the same if not better. With fingers you can even get more control and less products to apply foundation or other cream products. So I wouldn't say it's a essential product especially for the price tag.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3.0

3 years ago

I had the Shiseido sponge for a while and I liked it better. I felt like it was soaking up less product, and that it was blending it smoother than the Beauty Blender. However, this sponge is still nice. It blends products flawlessly and it gives a beautiful finish. I'm kind of on the fence for this product. It's soaking up too much product to be a holy grail for me, even if I soak it up with water first.

About reviewer (534 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

OMG BEAUTY BLENDER WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE After years of watching YT beauty gurus use their BBs and never really being able to get a hold of one in the UK. I saw one about 3 months in Boots (UK) and I had to have her then and there. It was about £15 and worth every penny. I thought I was happy with my RT sponge, I wasn't. Beauty Blender has kicked the rt sponge into my work makeup bag. BB applies even bad foundations well. I clean it about once a week and it still is coming out clean. HG

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral