4.3

Shop Now

Reviews

from

4 years ago

I tried a dupe first and it was very hard and did not work for me even after wetting it. After having a salesperson use one when applying a bb cream, I decided to purchase one. I am glad that I did. I now prefer it to brushes, even when applying a powder blush. As far as cleaning it, I found that washing it with a gentle cleanser and thoroughly rinsing it, did not remove the makeup. I now swipe it on a makeup remover towelette until it no longer leaves a streak, than I wash it and let it air dry. That may shorten the lifetime but it works and I will repurchase when it wears out. I am all for saving money but am willing to spend more on products that work better for me.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

from

4 years ago

Good, reliable basic tool. I don't really use foundation but I use this daily for everything else: bb cream, concealer and powder. It does the job nicely, it feels good on the skin and so far it's been durable and super easy to clean. It takes just one quick wash with soap for me. Yes, it is really expensive. I'm not sure I'd call it life changing for me personally, but for people who use foundation daily it may be. I would say it has elevated my makeup routine but it hasn't absulutely transformed it. I think it's nice to have but I'm reluctant to say it's an absolute necessity.

About reviewer (331 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EyesHazel

4 years ago

This is fantastic, makeup always looks fantastic. The closest dupe to this is the real techniques but I still think this is a whole lot better. I was sceptical and the price turned me off for a while but this sponge is amazing and I even got my mom hooked on it and she always just used her hands and did the bare minimum

About reviewer (293 reviews)

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I really like this product but feel some of the knock off/other versions are just as good. As much as I like it, I won't replace it for $20 once it dies. The Real Techniques are fabulous and 1/5 the cost, and there are other versions on Amazon and in drugstores that perform the same in my experience. So, as much as I enjoy the product, I feel a little ripped off by the price tag, given that competitors do the SAME job. That said, it does perform well. I use it with BB creams, tinted moisturizer, concealer, loose powder - it does a lovely job.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

4 years ago

I hated and loved this cute sponge. I'm still torn whether it's a miracle tool or just a hyped, expensive makeup egg. I decided after years of using and researching that this deserves 5 lips for the product itself, but the lowest rating for the price which is outrageous. I just give my opinion because there are tons of tips and tutorials. The finish is close enough to airbrush, but not the same (I have the Temptu Air and some airbrush makeup). Yet it's the best makeup tool to avoid a cake face and it gives you an amazing finish. I used dupes from drugstores (too hard, but they suck less product) and the RT Miracle Sponge/Diamond Sponge (materials are disgusting, suck more product, stains are harder to remove and they tear apart more easily) but none of them comes close to the one which started it all: The original pink beautyblender.

About reviewer (188 reviews)

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

4 years ago

I was skeptical of this at first but it really impressed me. I don't know how, but it really does seem to help my makeup apply better and has a better finish than just using fingers or a foundation brush. I use Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation, which is really high coverage. The BB helps it look better and I can control the finish better. I've been using mine for about six months and it seems to be holding up well, except for a small tear on the end. I would repurchase because I like it so much.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

My first one recently broke into two pieces so I bought a new one with a cleanser, because I thought that because of cleaning it with the wrong product caused it to break. I now find that it doesn't make any difference, it is just as easy to clean with a baby shampoo. Anyways I prefer it over a brush and use it every day, definitely a HG product for me.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

3.0

4 years ago

Yes it's the best sponge applicator out there, regardless of the gazillion dupes nothing will compare to the beauty blender. The rating is because I'm a brush type of person I feel like using a sponge sheers out and foundation and wastes products. And too much hand work you feel me?

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

4 years ago

So, I got sucked into the hype and after seeing the BB in a gazillion different makeup tutorials, decided to purchase the dragon egg. I had huge expectations.. it's never too good to expect miracles :) Now, I'm not saying that this is a bad product. It's soft, consistent, feels good on the skin, bounces like a ping pong ball... but it is not the perfect product for me. I'm a stipple brush person. And it seems I'll always be one. It does not seem to me that I get the same airbrushed look with the BB. So I decided not to use it for foundation. I've tried it with several types of foundation ad with my BB cream so you can say that I have really given it a shot. Now I only use it for blending concealer, contour, highlighter and similar stuff (basically, anything that needs to be blended :) ) Since i do not use it on an everyday basis, the price seems a bit high. I do recommend it if you do a contour or heavy concealer every day. Now after trying it out, I'm not sure that I will repurchase... I will just try to prolong the life of the one I have to it's maximum... and then maybe try a cheaper version.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

EyesBrown

2.0

4 years ago

I bought this before I tried the real techniques sponge... man, this sponge is a disappointment. It is more dense and the surface is kinda coarser than the RT sponge, hence it kinda produce this weird, coarse texture on the skin while the RT provides more smooth, airbrushed look. Besides that, the RT sponge is larger and have a flat surface which makes blending foundation easier and faster than BB sponge... Considering BB price is twice the RT ones, this sponge definitely not worth buying.... And the hype

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium